Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antepost football betting 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Still standing by this?:P

Nope :pac: but hindsight is a wonderful thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,836 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My Nations League group winners acca: Scotland, Belgium, Serbia, Macedonia, Belarus, Georgia.
    Can't bear a whole weekend of sport without any financial interest.:p

Anyone doing anything with the Champions League (or Europa)?

You'd think the CL top scorer field might be more open this year, looking at Lewandowski or Bale, but I've a sinking feeling it'll be CR7 or Leo again...

Well I've signed up with Sky Bet (to give them their proper name) to back another Jose special: to be the first to lose his job and United to finish outside the top 4 @ 12/1.

Have just stuck a few bob on Benitez (also @ 12s) for the sack race in case the Mourinho frenzy turns out to be unfounded. If anyone else was managing Necastle I'd say he'd be gone already, or half out the door. Don't see any other sacking as any way imminent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

been thinking about backing derby for the past two weeks since they hammered west brom away and almost beat boro
    they were 10/1 before todays match, went behind and came back to win by two

they are now 15/2

I really fancy them

sheff utd will fall away, wouldn't back boro with stolen money, fancy leeds will fall away also...not sure bout norwich tbh
    there's only 7pts between top and tenth also and every week or two a different team is top

villa at home is next for them and that price of 11/10 at home to a team in dire form away from home looks good to me

anyone have any thoughts or about any other team in any other league so maybe we could get rich together :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mane, Firmino, Alli, Lacazette, Ramsey to score 8+ premier league goals 14/1 (BV)

Liverpool to finish top 2, Newcastle bottom half, Huddersfield relegated 8/1 (W Hill)

Mane to score 10+ league goals 4/5 (BV) - has done it 4 seasons in a row and could be on penalties this year too

Little update on these:

Mane - 6 goals
    Lacazette- 5 goals
    Firmino - 2 goals
    Alli - 1 goal
    Ramsey - 1 goal

First 2 almost there and would still expect Firmino and Alli to hit purple patches and get near double figures. Ramsey’s contract issue and subsequent loss of his starting place has pretty much killed this one though which is annoying as he started the season in a really central high role and was looking very dangerous.

Second bet is looking on course with Liverpool 2nd, Newcastle 14th and 8 points off top 10 and Huddersfield 19th. Liverpool and Huddersfield will be touch and go for those positions all season I would imagine.

Mane to score 10+ is looking very safe unless he get injured so only regret is not getting on heavier than I did - that said you never know with injuries etc

Just put a fiver on wolves to go down @ 50/1. Come the end of the season this post will make me look like either a visionary or a tool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just put a fiver on wolves to go down @ 50/1. Come the end of the season this post will make me look like either a visionary or a tool...

Was thinking the same last night watching them. Very ordinary team with a lot of championship players

West Ham Top Half
    Middlesborough Top 6
    Portsmouth Top 6
    MK Dons Top 7
    Salford Promotion
    Juve Champions
    Atletico Madrid Top 4
    Celtic Champions
    56/1 on Bet365.... any opinions?

Bet as of one of the previous pages ended up being:
    West Ham Top Half
    Middlesborough Top 6
    Portsmouth Top 6
    MK Dons Top 7
    Salford Promotion
    Juve Champions
    Atletico W/O Madrid/Barca
    Celtic Champions
    65/1

Odds down to around single figures now! West Ham the cause for concern...

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Was thinking the same last night watching them. Very ordinary team with a lot of championship players

It was their not liking it up em that struck me. Guys like Jota evidently can't do it on a wet Friday night in Cardiff.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think they will spend big on a striker in January and that will see them ok.lack of goals is killing them, think they are 5th worse GS in the league but are creating chances.

Stoke to finish in Championship top two
    Middlesbrough to be promoted
    Derby and Brentford to win playoffs
    Rotherham and Bolton relegation double
    Bamford, Clarke and Moult top scorer
    Grabban top scorer/Forest top 6 double

And for the road, Cummings top scorer in League One
    My big acca, slightly less ambitious
    1 Everton
    England Premier League 2018/19
    (To Finish in Top Half)
    19/05/2019 None
    4/11
    To Run
    2 Stoke
    England Championship 2018/19
    (To Finish in Top 6)
    05/05/2019 None
    4/7
    To Run
    3 Portsmouth
    England League 1 2018/19
    (To Finish in Top 6)
    04/05/2019 None
    11/8
    To Run
    4 Notts County
    England League 2 2018/19
    (To Finish in Top 7)
    04/05/2019 None
    4/6
    To Run
    5 Juventus
    Italy Serie A 2018/19
    (To Win Outright)
    26/05/2019 None
    2/5
    To Run
    6 Atletico Madrid
    Spain Primera Liga 2018/19 Without Barcelona & Real Madrid
    (To Win Outright)
    18/05/2019 None
    3/10
    To Run
    7 Borussia Dortmund
    Germany Bundesliga I 2018/19 Without Bayern Munich
    (To Win Outright)
    18/05/2019 None
    5/6
    To Run
    8 PSG
    France Ligue 1 2018/19
    (To Win Outright)
    10/05/2019 None
    1/10
    To Run
    Multiples
    Bet Type No.of Bets Unit Stake Total Stake To Return Return
    8 Folds 1 10.00 10.00 311.32 Not Available

Other season bets:

1. Man City 2. Liverpool
    1. City. 2. Man United. 3. Liverpool

City win the title, Cardiff and Huddersfield relegated

Relegation trebles:
    Cardiff, Newcastle & Watford
    Bournemouth, Brighton & Huddersfield

Double: Southampton relegated. West Ham top half

Burnley bottom at Christmas

Vardy top scorer e/w (good start there:)

Doubles on Liverpool title, Salah and Firmino top scorer

Mane top Liverpool scorer

Top team scorer acca: Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Cenk Tosun.
    Marko Arnautovic

POTY: KDB, Van Dijk, Jorginho
    YPOTY: Sane, Sessegnon

Garcia first manager to leave

Might leave it there:P

Highlighted the ones looking reasonably chipper right now. Notts County have killed the big acca stone dead, should have gone with MK Dons like the rest of you.:P

aubameyang top scorer
    portsmouth to win league one
    dortmund

Like this one and with arse at home to hudders later auba will be a
    bit shorter imo
    pompey just keep on winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

mailburner wrote: »
    aubameyang top scorer
    portsmouth to win league one
    dortmund

Like this one and with arse at home to hudders later auba will be a
    bit shorter imo
    pompey just keep on winning
    That's current odds ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    That's current odds ?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Atletico W/O Madrid/Barca brought this up to 65/1 as per my previous post.

All going OK bar West Ham and Atletico - early doors yet but hopefully get a run for my money!

Beginning to look really good . Best of luck with it .

spurshero wrote: »
    Beginning to look really good . Best of luck with it .

Cheers! West Ham have picked up but Boros form has gone a bit to crap - hopefully get back on track.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Just have a feeling the 9/1 on Sterling to get POTY is a massive price considering the events of the weekend? Professionals coming out of everywhere praising him not just for his reaction but his personality too. He’s not liked on the terraces but seems to be loved by players of all clubs. Obviously needs to keep his form up too but if he does & considering it’s a players vote, it seems a massive price don’t you think?

gstack166 wrote: »
    Just have a feeling the 9/1 on Sterling to get POTY is a massive price considering the events of the weekend? Professionals coming out of everywhere praising him not just for his reaction but his personality too. He’s not liked on the terraces but seems to be loved by players of all clubs. Obviously needs to keep his form up too but if he does & considering it’s a players vote, it seems a massive price don’t you think?

Was a good price anyway.. 20-1 at start of last week which football365 pointed out and it tumbled into 10s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭sojustrutz

Did someone do José sacked before Christmas or fist manager gone ?Nice little Christmas present !

• Advertisement

Skybet have him 9/4 "Not to be Manchester Utd manager for the last league game 2018/19 season" and 9/2 to be gone by Christmas, which sounds much better value to me.

But I went instead with::mad:
    Jose special: to be the first to lose his job and United to finish outside the top 4 @ 12/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

rekluse wrote: »
    In the end up I went for Pool top 4 , derby top 6 , Barnsley top 6 , mk dons top 7 , Celtic juve Barca o/r, Dortmund top 4 , Lyon top 3 . 25£ returns 1200 ish. Didn’t get the chance to post up racing post picks apologies, very busy at work lately. As another poster mentioned lots of contradictory stuff in there, was almost more confused than before I bought it after reading it. Couple of bets I did like were pool / city dual forecast @ 2/1 and utd outside top 4 11/4. Don’t have the funds to put anything substantial on these though.

Just had a look at this and my antepost is 2/1 now. Decent sweat for 2nd half of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

In a similar boat myself, I did pre-season accas of:
    • Atletico without Barca & Real
    • Southampton finish in the bottom half
    • Sevco without Celtic
    • Lyon finish top 3
    • Juve to win Serie A
    • Boro finish top 6
    • Portsmouth finish top 6
    • Lincoln finish top 7
    • West Ham finish in the top half
    • Huesca get relegated
    Last time I checked, I was getting offered 10x my stake to cash out of something which'll make me just over 60x if it lands. The best odds I'd get if I were to do this now would be just over 3.5!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    My guesses for interest ...

West Ham top half
    Boro top 6
    Portsmouth top 6
    Juve winner
    Rangers-without Celtic
    MK Dons top 7
    Bayern winner
    Lyon top 3
    Huesca to be relegated.

At 99/1 on bet365

Added Salford to win for 400/1

Bayern 6 off the top, rest in reasonable shape, even Salford floating near the top.

Some decent looking dockets here lads hopefully we’re laughing come May !

Don't think we need to wait till May to declare on that.:rolleyes:

Anyone doing anything with the FA Cup? I always put a couple of outrights on even though I've never had any luck. Looking at Man United and Crystal Palace...

14/1 on Athletico Madrid to win la liga seems too big to me - they have signed well and there are plenty of reasons to doubt Barca and Real this season.

Skybet are the only company that have it priced up but Liverpool/Salah double for winner and top scorer tempted me at 25/1.

On the shorter side Huddersfield to be relegated at 6/5 seems like a solid bet to add to any accum - did amazingly well to stay up last season and really lack firepower.
    Mane, Firmino, Alli, Lacazette, Ramsey to score 8+ premier league goals 14/1 (BV)

Liverpool to finish top 2, Newcastle bottom half, Huddersfield relegated 8/1 (W Hill)

Mane to score 10+ league goals 4/5 (BV) - has done it 4 seasons in a row and could be on penalties this year too

Mane has scored his 10th last night - very satisfied as had a big chunk on that which more than covers the rest. Most of the others still looking interesting too.

In the end up I went for Pool top 4 , derby top 6 , Barnsley top 6 , mk dons top 7 , Celtic juve Barca o/r, Dortmund top 4 , Lyon top 3 . 25£ returns 1200 ish. Didn’t get the chance to post up racing post picks apologies, very busy at work lately. As another poster mentioned lots of contradictory stuff in there, was almost more confused than before I bought it after reading it. Couple of bets I did like were pool / city dual forecast @ 2/1 and utd outside top 4 11/4. Don’t have the funds to put anything substantial on these though.

Getting offered a cash out of £550 now which isn’t bad for this. Regret putting Derby in now as it was a coin flip between them and West Brom. Have to say I rarely cash out but I’m tempted by this. Anyone any thoughts?

Getting offered a cash out of £550 now which isn’t bad for this. Regret putting Derby in now as it was a coin flip between them and West Brom. Have to say I rarely cash out but I’m tempted by this. Anyone any thoughts?

You'd imagine they'll beat Millwall at the weekend but then have two tough games to follow. They could jump up to 6th with Bristol having a tough away at table toppers Norwich. Could be worth while waiting and it could go £600+ cash out come Sunday.

Agree with gav, was thinking the exact same thing

it does look very much like its boro bristol and derby fighting for two play off places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

In a similar boat myself, I did pre-season accas of:
    • Atletico without Barca & Real
    • Southampton finish in the bottom half
    • Sevco without Celtic
    • Lyon finish top 3
    • Juve to win Serie A
    • Boro finish top 6
    • Portsmouth finish top 6
    • Lincoln finish top 7
    • West Ham finish in the top half
    • Huesca get relegated
    Last time I checked, I was getting offered 10x my stake to cash out of something which'll make me just over 60x if it lands. The best odds I'd get if I were to do this now would be just over 3.5!

Checking back in, currently getting offered 21.25x to cash out as it stands. West Ham to finish in the top half are my biggest worry at the moment, with Betfred still offering 11/10 for that to happen.

Derby Millwall tonight, might see how that pans out. Even if derby draw and Bristol nab a draw on Saturday I imagine cash out will be similar before derby play forest away on Sunday. Would that be logical thinking? My head is melted !

Checking back in, currently getting offered 21.25x to cash out as it stands. West Ham to finish in the top half are my biggest worry at the moment, with Betfred still offering 11/10 for that to happen.

Looking good Pope, I’m getting 6/5 on derby outside the top six. I’m leaning towards a cash out though as derby are perrenial bottlers and fans don’t seem overly optimistic on their forums of a top 6 finish.

Disaster result. Went to cash out a few hours before the game and unavailable. Down to 440£ now might just take the money and run.

Cashed out for 440 £ on this , couldn’t take another Midldlesboro type situation like last season. Good luck to all those holding live dockets ! That’s two profitable ante post accums the last 2 years.

Salford have my bet screwed... can't see them pushing for promotion. I thought West Ham top half finish would be my bogey one..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

My guesses for interest ...

West Ham top half
    Boro top 6
    Portsmouth top 6
    Juve winner
    Rangers-without Celtic
    MK Dons top 7
    Bayern winner
    Lyon top 3
    Huesca to be relegated.

At 99/1 on bet365

Added Salford to win for 400/1
    Salford have my bet screwed... can't see them pushing for promotion. I thought West Ham top half finish would be my bogey one..

Salford have killed my second bet too, Bayern a worry for the first one, the rest in ok shape.

Huge 6 pointer win today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭devlinio

I placed this at the start of the season. 11 quid on for 2500 back. At the moment everything is winning. I'm being offered 450 cash out.

Now I'm not taking that, I want to wait it out, but if I see 1K cashout, I know I'll probably take it. The only dodgy team on this I feel is Aston Villa.

• Advertisement

Salford coping on lately - do not f*ck it!

Big 6 pointer win tonight for Salford!

Bet as of one of the previous pages ended up being:
    West Ham Top Half
    Middlesborough Top 6
    Portsmouth Top 6
    MK Dons Top 7
    Salford Promotion
    Juve Champions
    Atletico W/O Madrid/Barca
    Celtic Champions
    65/1

Odds down to around single figures now! West Ham the cause for concern...

Still weary of Salford but hopefully they keep up their form and Orient drop points! West Ham and Boro making things a bit sweaty too!

Current odds are 6/1.

Salford back in the running to win the League.... while Boro have turned to crap!

Boro being a right pain alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭devlinio

devlinio wrote: »
    I placed this at the start of the season. 11 quid on for 2500 back. At the moment everything is winning. I'm being offered 450 cash out.

Now I'm not taking that, I want to wait it out, but if I see 1K cashout, I know I'll probably take it. The only dodgy team on this I feel is Aston Villa.

Looking good now. Aston Villa 6th, Exeter 7th the only ones that might still lose. But fingers cross.

• Advertisement

Boro being a right pain alright.

And again yesterday :mad:

And again yesterday :mad:

Should start backing against them, on a very poor run, Bolton away Tuesday should see them back to winning ways though.

Boro back on form... Salford winning! Back to getting a run for my money now.

West Ham need to get their act together.

POTY: Van Dijk,

I'm contemplating taking up Bet365's €320 cashout offer on this, versus 504 full pot. seems the momentum is with Sterling, could swing decisively his way if he puts in a MOTM performance against Spurs. Anyone know when the polls close?

• Advertisement
Advertisement