Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-09-2020, 08:24   #61
giveitholly

Bit of a difference between Met Eireann's forecast and MT's this morning. MT's is the more optimistic,lets hope he is right
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-09-2020, 10:02   #62
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveitholly View Post
Bit of a difference between Met Eireann's forecast and MT's this morning. MT's is the more optimistic,lets hope he is right
high pressure is ridging up from the south-west for a few days, apart from the odd light shower it looks mostly dry between now and next Friday, then back to normal service with Autumn really setting in.
Thanks from:
04-09-2020, 10:28   #63
giveitholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
high pressure is ridging up from the south-west for a few days, apart from the odd light shower it looks mostly dry between now and next Friday, then back to normal service with Autumn really setting in.
Met Eireann are giving widespread showers for later today,showers or longer spells of rain for the north tomorrow,more widespread showers for sunday and then rain spreading eastwards on monday in their long range forecast
Thanks from:
04-09-2020, 10:51   #64
Xenji

Some heavy showers in Castlebar this morning and quite gusty at times.
(2) thanks from:
04-09-2020, 12:48   #65
Donegal Storm

Feeling very autumnal these past couple of days, cool and windy in Letterkenny with a few heavy showers. Nice and bright in between at least
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-09-2020, 13:24   #66
pauldry

Very autumnal already but it will be warm next week and I wouldnt be surprised to see 23 or 24c in Pheonix Park
04-09-2020, 15:17   #67
Graces7

Exuberant and full of life out there! Wonderful and invigorating. West Mayo offshore
(2) thanks from:
04-09-2020, 16:09   #68
Harry Palmr

There's just one fecking ex American storm after another getting dragged across the upper latitudes on the jet stream, so while it'll not be the worst it's never quite going to settle down.
Thanks from:
04-09-2020, 16:26   #69
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
a bit more showery today than I was expecting. Managed to get the grass cut, however it looks more like I tried to cut the grass with a Formula One car than a ride on mower as the tyres sank into the saturated soil.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-09-2020, 16:43   #70
Jpmarn

Got a fairly heavy shower down near Limerick City at around midday. There seem to be a good bit of rain or showers forecast over the next few days in spite of rising pressure. I have a field of silage to cut.
04-09-2020, 20:06   #71
Gaoth Laidir

Quote:
a bit more showery today than I was expecting. Managed to get the grass cut, however it looks more like I tried to cut the grass with a Formula One car than a ride on mower as the tyres sank into the saturated soil.
You must have awful soil there as the soil both here and in at my folks' in Garristown seems to be much less saturated. The local green got cut today and there were no tyre marks when I walked the dog a while ago.

Soil moisture defecits for well and moderatly drained soils are both currently 2 mm while it's -8 mm (practically saturated) for poorly drained soils. You must be in the latter.
04-09-2020, 20:26   #72
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Same here! Whole parts of the lawn are now just mud. Well at least it'll stop growing soon enough.
Chilly wind and V autumnal in Dublin 5.
04-09-2020, 20:39   #73
sryanbruen

Found yesterday and today pleasant in Dublin to be honest. A few passing showers but good sunny spells.
04-09-2020, 22:55   #74
Graces7

Listening to the wind in the background is very atmospheric and rather soothing. A lullaby rather than a warning.

My gas bottle ran out yesterday, and changing to the spare in a wind-whipped deluge was very..... interesting.

West Mayo offshore
Thanks from:
04-09-2020, 23:01   #75
degsie

Again, it rained today.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size