Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raised by Wolves

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Episode 5 was fantastic. It got me a few times ha. And it was only a matter of time before an android went down that road...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5: 😲😱😲

That got so F*cking! Scary!

I got totally roped in and frightened by the .. whatever the f*ck these creatures are. That one didn't look like a proper regressed human anymore. That one looks like a white walker from game of thrones until it morphed into the creature. Feels like something proper bad happened on this planet .. maybe to other aliens who visited it in the past. Still though, I'm not throwing out the possibility of messing with time but I've not seen anything tech-wise that backs up a possibility like that.

So then I was on edge. Then Vrille came along and f*ck me!, don't mess with the damn androids! Kiddo android here with heaps of strength and then the butchery and kills .. and then.. THEN! .. her mother!😲

Yeh so.. don't f*ck with the androids.. and of course.. now there's this mysterious new android who could go either way. Earlier I was like.. oh maybe it's a doctor type android because of the baby ultrasound capability it had.. though it has that same helmet look that mother has when she's in freaking destroyer mode.

Shoutout to whoever designed the scene at the end with

Sue and Paul only visible by their silhouettes under the three moons. That was cool.

and I didn't really want the rest of the episode away from how creative it was.

yeh

whew

*exhales*

Had a re-listen to the tune of the opening credits again after the episode.

It had an oddly calming feel to it after that episode

Usually it has felt a bit like a begin-ominous-feelings song

Raised by Wolves - Intro (2020) Subtitled HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,125 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think it's a horrible "choon" and fast forward it. 😫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Melodeon

The vocalist on this is Mariam Wallentin, who is/was one half of the Swedish duo Wildbirds & Peacedrums, whose song "Peeling Off the Layers" was used as the theme music of Fortitude. It niggled me for a long time that the Raised by Wolves theme was strangely familiar!

I usually fast forward it too. Not too bothered either way. Just really felt a odd that it felt settling instead of unsettling this time.

Wow.. her voice is really .. distinct!

Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Peeling Off The Layers (Fortitude title music)

6: Well..

well well well

Sue is the tree of knowledge I guess

This show has some really cool ideas on future biotech.. at least that's what I'm guessing number seven is and.. well now Sue.. the tree.

Separately.. when Tempest went down by the water.. I was like.. No! .. No! don't go there! What if one of those things comes!

Wasn't expecting it would have a chest cavity for story the baby.

It's all so wierd

Aside, for a laugh.. after watching the episode, check out Niamh Algars tweet on it: https://twitter.com/NiamhAlgar/status/1500012939339874310

😁

7: I don't know what's going on. No one should have come here. This a bad planet. The choice was wrong.

Ep6/7 I have several questions ha ha. Absolutely love this show!

It's mysterious and cryptic and bonkers all at once.

There's definitely ancient intelligent meddling going on, possible biological/mechanical loop experiments, in so far as I think maybe the big bad is observing the collision between faith and science all the while leaving markers and tidbits for the characters to pick up on and interact with......and a giant snake, you know, for the craic.

• Advertisement

For some peculiar reason I get a Zardoz vibe from this. 🤓

Only 8 episodes and at the end we're left hanging. 😀 I'm sure they could have managed another two episodes to match the 10 episode first series, unless the internet sources have got it wrong again, and there actually are more than 8.

2.8: What the f**k!😲

Awe... this show! 😁 Ah never change!

So yeah.. season finale. Haven't seen news of a season three but would watch it.

Feels like it would be all kinds of

nasty things happening to the colonists from Lucius and Grandmother.

then Mother has to get free and some serious reckonin will be happening then.

Would miss Niamh Algar but can't see how she could be brought back.

Poor aul Vrille too .. she was dealth a pretty bad hand.

Haven't seen/heard any different. Would definitely watch another two!

Unfortunately, I can't see any hint of there being more than 8 episodes in series 2. 😟

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm enjoying the show but it's very Lost - lots of new stuff thrown at the viewer and nothing ever really answered before they throw another curve ball at you

I mean some of the stuff is far out there - some alien tech absorbed into the body, you then turn in to a tree and then get eaten by a flying serpent - like the writers must be tripping on acid or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They could call it "Lost, in Space". Has robots and a family too. Yeah, I'm wondering if they just make it up as they go along. Not really willing to watch something that'll just keep up that bullshit until people get bored and it gets cancelled with no satisfying conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Enjoyable show from the start, nice ideas and visuals.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭nc6000

According to IMDB there are only 8 episodes in S2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭corkie

The “Raised by Wolves” star went on to request fans be as vocal as possible about their hopes for a third season, in an attempt to help Scott Free shop the show to another platform for a potential third season.

Did feel like there was very little chatter going on about it, positive or negative, during season two.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I enjoyed this - it was bonkers but was also trying to do something a bit different. There was also a solid arc planned for it and you could see the hints they were dropping throughout. I mean the tree plot alone..

Hopefully it'll get a chance elsewhere. HBO Max shows are being butchered, alongside others, with this big merger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Gutted. Season 2 was incredible. Season 1 while inconsistent was good but not good enough to bring people back it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

At least they announced it before the season one Blu-Ray goes on sale this Monday. It saves me having to buy that now, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm wondering if I should bother watching season 2 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ah no, I just finished series 2. I enjoyed it, felt like some remnants from alien , I think maybe some ideas not used in that were used here. Also, the music was similar to either covenant or Prometheus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Myself, I find it pointless and frustrating to watch a show that I know was cancelled - going double if it ended on a cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

crap, cant believe this is cancelled, absolutely bonkers tv show, especially season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Ah that's a pity. I was enjoying that. :-(

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Shoog

I really don't like this incoherent mess of a show. It barely keeps me engaged when I force myself to watch it. All that money to create such dross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Even though I knew this was cancelled, wanted to see how it developed, as there was lots of heavy philosophical themes dealt with in clever ways - even if the acting and editing made it feel like a modern Blakes 7.

I really hope this gets picked up to continue the epic story that is evolving.

Pun-intended, as in de-evolving.

. Season 2 was showing, from about midway, the Ridley Scott producing-element with its

Prometheus-type storyline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like alongside Westworld, this is another show to be yanked from HBO Max and disappeared down the Memory Hole. Hold on to those High Seas copies y'all totally-didn't have!

Advertisement