Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,556 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

is that the last scenes we have seen of Anna now? - was that her last scenes. Has the actor who plays her left the show totally?

Yes I think that Debbie Rush's last scenes unless she has filmed extra but she is gone from the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

blimey just been reading up that she's been in the soap 10 years . didnt realise it was that long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

he was, and IRL he would have been able to sue for false imprisonment wouldnt he. He should have asked his solicitor brother Adam

*nephew ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Judging by this tweet yes that's the last we have seen of Anna. Bit stupid if you ask me as they should show her bring sentenced.

https://twitter.com/itvcorrie/status/955545373694504960

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

yep , thats right. Thats what i was getting at . It should be the parents responsibility for what their children watch ultimately ... however it should be corrie's / the stations obligatory to make sure that if there are going to be scenes unsuitable that they be shown after 9pm

But Corrie is rarely shown after 9pm so not possible.

fin12 wrote: »
    But Corrie is rarely shown after 9pm so not possible.

well, maybe they have to tone things down a bit. Did you see how that bouncer(s) laid into Gary there and his bloodied face. - very realistic.

Pushing aside that minors should not be watching corrie and who's fault it is for letting them watch it, the real fact is that they do and that was quite a graphic scene that. - as was Phelan pulling a gun on Vinny and Andy and shooting them.

And then we are supposed to begetting a subject of male rape soon - I applaud them for tackling such issues and i know they are highlighting issues what goes on in real life .. but let us not forget also that really in the way TV is they still have to have a responsibility of what content is shown on TV and before watershed.

Maybe with the male rape storyline they will show it after 9pm - I think if my memory serves me with the bethany platt storyline they shifted one or 2 episodes to after 9 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

blimey just been reading up that she's been in the soap 10 years . didnt realise it was that long

It felt a lot longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

It felt a lot longer

Nearly 9 years she said in the clip.

I remember when the Windasses came into the show first, Gareh was said to be a skilled boxer (according to Dozy Rosie) Last night though he was beat like a child and despite his military experience, said boxing skills, and recent experience in the Ukraine, he never managed to lay a glove on the bouncers. I know he was outnumbered but you would think he would get at least one dig in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,836 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nicola returns and pretends to be friends with Pat again in the hope of catching him out. She convinces him to give Garry a job on the old mill site and they can't figure out what he's hiding. Gary lashes out at Pat when he mocks Bethany. I wonder will Gary end up inside like his mother?

• Advertisement

ah right thanks - what happened to eddies brother then do you know?

I remember when they first arrived they had beef with David and Tina's father and that Gary fancied Tina

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bethany should need time to deal with what Nathan did to her and that won't be easy but they should show her getting counselling and struggling instead of working as a lap dancer

That has to be one of the craziest storylines ever. :mad: Obviously written by people who have zero empathy/understanding for a woman who was abused as Bethany was. It actually makes me quite angry to see what the writers have done to her.

I actually kind of get the Bethany story line in a way. It mightn't be as extreme as Bethany because they are no lap dancing clubs in rural county Cork but they really press the self destruct button!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,442 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Poor Gary all bloodied up, no one gives any lip to the bouncer at the strip club, which is a shame, as he could do with some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Poor Gary all bloodied up, no one gives any lip to the bouncer at the strip club, which is a shame, as he could do with some.

It was ridiculous him sitting for hours on a hospital trolley while no-one had even cleaned up his cuts.

happyday wrote: »
    It was ridiculous him sitting for hours on a hospital trolley while no-one had even cleaned up his cuts.

yeah, i could understand it if it was in a hospital in Ireland .... in a corridor ... for 8 hours ;)

Sue Cleaver (AKA easily duped eileen) starred in an advert for pot noodle years ago. she was in a call centre with a guy and fell backwards in a chair. Was trying to find it , cant find it anywhere - not even youtube. so if someone actually comes across it I wouldnt mind seeing it again. Think it was long before she starred in Corrie.

I see she is also an Agony aunt sometimes on ITV's "this morning" show too (or was a couple of times)

Sue Cleaver (AKA easily duped eileen) starred in an advert for pot noodle years ago. she was in a call centre with a guy and fell backwards in a chair. Was trying to find it , cant find it anywhere - not even youtube. so if someone actually comes across it I wouldnt mind seeing it again. Think it was long before she starred in Corrie.

I see she is also an Agony aunt sometimes on ITV's "this morning" show too (or was a couple of times)

I think she is a psychotherapist in real life, I remember reading an article where she went back to college to train as one.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think she is a psychotherapist in real life, I remember reading an article where she went back to college to train as one.

ah right ... very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I dont remember .. how did Tracey get out. It was manslaughter that she got done for hitting the builder over the back of the head wasnt it or was it self-defence?

It was a "technicality" if memory serves. Don't know if it was explained or not but if it was, my brain refused to process it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Has anyone figured out the point of Gary being 'dead' for 24 hours yet?
    Is Mikey North leaving or was that his 'leaving'?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Ann22 wrote: »
    It was a "technicality" if memory serves. Don't know if it was explained or not but if it was, my brain refused to process it.

Re Tracy, it was said that the forensics team in charge of her case had been proven to be untrustworthy/dodgy, so she and others were cleared. :pac:

brooke 2 wrote: »
    It actually makes me quite angry to see what the writers have done to her.

It actually makes me quite angry to see what the writers have done to the show.

Shona Ramsay decides to take action next week as she grows increasingly jealous of David's friendship with Maria.

Shona's relationship with David might be going from strength to strength, but she can't help feeling unnerved by the presence of Maria, who is one of his closest friends.

Unable to keep quiet any longer, upcoming scenes will see Shona admit to David that she's jealous – before taking matters into her own hands.

Having been honest with David (Jack P Shepherd), Shona makes another brave move by signing up to the boxing match that newcomer Josh is organising in Luke Britton's memory.

However, Shona does have an ulterior motive for wanting to take part as she only signs up after learning that Maria is competing as well.

Unfortunately, Shona's competitive antics could have potentially worrying repercussions when David decides to take part too – despite his history of epilepsy.

After learning of David's intentions, Shona is angry with him for risking his health – but it looks like his mind is made up as the boxing plans get underway later in the week.

Tyrone, Shona, David, Maria, Gemma, Jude, Angie and Sophie all meet with Josh to find out who they will be fighting in the boxing match. Could Maria and Shona go head to head?

Discussing a potential love triangle for the trio last year, Julia Goulding – who plays Shona – said to Inside Soap: "I actually really love the friendship that Maria and David have, and I think it's quite a rare thing in soap for a man and woman to actually be friends and remain friends.

"But you never know, we'll see. Maria has a bit of a reputation for stealing boyfriends, hasn't she? And if it means working with Samia more, then I say bring it on – because she's wonderful."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,442 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bethany, 5 foot nothing of pure annoyance. I thought guys went to a strip club to get away from girls like, that not find them.

• Advertisement

Shona Ramsay decides to take action next week as she grows increasingly jealous of David's friendship with Maria.

Shona's relationship with David might be going from strength to strength, but she can't help feeling unnerved by the presence of Maria, who is one of his closest friends.

Unable to keep quiet any longer, upcoming scenes will see Shona admit to David that she's jealous – before taking matters into her own hands.

Having been honest with David (Jack P Shepherd), Shona makes another brave move by signing up to the boxing match that newcomer Josh is organising in Luke Britton's memory.

However, Shona does have an ulterior motive for wanting to take part as she only signs up after learning that Maria is competing as well.

Unfortunately, Shona's competitive antics could have potentially worrying repercussions when David decides to take part too – despite his history of epilepsy.

After learning of David's intentions, Shona is angry with him for risking his health – but it looks like his mind is made up as the boxing plans get underway later in the week.

Tyrone, Shona, David, Maria, Gemma, Jude, Angie and Sophie all meet with Josh to find out who they will be fighting in the boxing match. Could Maria and Shona go head to head?

Discussing a potential love triangle for the trio last year, Julia Goulding – who plays Shona – said to Inside Soap: "I actually really love the friendship that Maria and David have, and I think it's quite a rare thing in soap for a man and woman to actually be friends and remain friends.

"But you never know, we'll see. Maria has a bit of a reputation for stealing boyfriends, hasn't she? And if it means working with Samia more, then I say bring it on – because she's wonderful."
    ah no, bloody Boxing ... what a stupid storyline ... if I was interested in boxing I would tune into a boxing channel, not corrie.
    thank God the phelan storylines are still running - what the hell are the writers/producers doing to this programme. it sounds like they are running out of storylines and making up pathetic ones - I think its got worse since that emmerdale woman kate oates is it has joined the team

There lucky they can buy two packets of panadol at one go in the UK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is daft bint not 17?

Could Sarah not ring the club/police and report a 17 year old working there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

That was a mad story Summer had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

Icsics wrote: »
    That was a mad story Summer had!

I'm still trying to figure that out - how did she get to the park by herself - or even know thats where they were meeting ?

• Advertisement

It was Faye who grassed Anna to the cops for pushing Seb but everyone else's fault but her

It was Faye who grassed Anna to the cops for pushing Seb but everyone else's fault but her

I was just think we had a great run of well behaved Faye but looks like annoying Faye might be back!

Anna in prison, Bethany lap dancing but Gary and Sarah Lou have time to get jiggy

what was the random zoom in on the paracetamol in Dev's shop on tonights show - was it product placement or what?

26907786_10214206360286803_7125561564408254361_n.jpg?oh=32a72628490b89b8113d3ad390416ecb&oe=5B2505E2

what was the random zoom in on the paracetamol in Dev's shop on tonights show - was it product placement or what?

26907786_10214206360286803_7125561564408254361_n.jpg?oh=32a72628490b89b8113d3ad390416ecb&oe=5B2505E2

Adam bought the packs to switch Billy's strong painkillers with cheap paracetamol

I think Adam's revenge is to get Billy hooked on drugs

God, i have had it up to here with the poor acting from the children in Corrie especially summer ... when she is talking it sounds like she is reading it slowly of a script, no emotion in her 'acting' .. just a couple of sniffs thrown in. not being mean but is that really the calibre of kids they can get from the acting schools in the UK.. if so those acting schools should be shut down not fit for purpose.

Then you have amy , another terrible actress who looks like she is gonna burst out laughing in every scene and dont even get me started on peter's son whatshisface

they are all very poor. Whenever i see any american soaps the kids are fabulous actors and act like the grown-ups

Adam bought the packs to switch Billy's strong painkillers with cheap paracetamol

I think Adam's revenge is to get Billy hooked on drugs

ah right - yes of course, I only realised after I posted I wonder if thats what it was - literally zoom in, show the thick viewers that he is actually buying paracetamol and swapping over the tablets

Bethany, 5 foot nothing of pure annoyance. I thought guys went to a strip club to get away from girls like, that not find them.

The actress who plays Bethany won an NTA, so expect more screen time gritty storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Since when did paracetamol look like that??

happyday wrote: »

It was either ridiculous or Ireland :)

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Since when did paracetamol look like that??

To the best of my knowledge the shops in the UK have a lot of generic/own branded paracetamol on the shelves!(Whilst I doubt that's a real brand they look similar)

God, i have had it up to here with the poor acting from the children in Corrie especially summer ... when she is talking it sounds like she is reading it slowly of a script, no emotion in her 'acting' .. just a couple of sniffs thrown in. not being mean but is that really the calibre of kids they can get from the acting schools in the UK.. if so those acting schools should be shut down not fit for purpose.

Then you have amy , another terrible actress who looks like she is gonna burst out laughing in every scene and dont even get me started on peter's son whatshisface

they are all very poor. Whenever i see any american soaps the kids are fabulous actors and act like the grown-ups

I actually think Simon isn’t bad actor, he plays the character well, the faces he makes especially when he’s anger, he looks completely deranged. #pycho child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

What was going through my head during that very subtle foreshadowing by Eva and Toyah at the end.

https://i.imgur.com/O4JsHhu.gifv

magicray wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure that out - how did she get to the park by herself - or even know thats where they were meeting ?

Why did Todd go on the run and is he now arrested or still on the run :confused:

I know the actor was fired but they could have prepared a better exit even if done off screen like have Phelan kill him

put a different actor in playing the character of Tod and then carry on the storyline. as it is , its stupid and un-believable story the way Tod has run off and hitting coppers whatever it is.

I would rather see another actor take the place of Tod (near enough looking obviously, not someone who dosent look a bit like tod) than have this drivel thats supposed to have happened now.

blimey that Pat Phelan's daughter gets around just seen the actress Nicola Thorp on sky news talking about working at corporate events like last nights sexist dinner thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Summer reminds me of? Hold on I'll look it up on the old laptop-a-roony :pac:

gammygils wrote: »
    Summer reminds me of? Hold on I'll look it up on the old laptop-a-roony :pac:

who dat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Best Coronation Street spoiler I have read in ages:
    Also, Tim tells Sally he is taking Faye away for a while.

• Advertisement

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Best Coronation Street spoiler I have read in ages:
    Also, Tim tells Sally he is taking Faye away for a while.

Sally better behave herself and not get notions!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement