Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,309 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Episode 10 done. 6 to go.
    I'm ready for this to be over.

It used to be one of the first shows I watched and I think if it hadn't been announced as the final season I would've dropped it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Episode 10 done. 6 to go.
    I'm ready for this to be over.

It used to be one of the first shows I watched and I think if it hadn't been announced as the final season I would've dropped it again.

My thoughts too

This season has been all over the place - it's bad enough with all the different characters but then having to remember all the different time lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I only still watch it because I want to see the end. Despite the time difference between worlds shenanigans, ignore that headache, I have actually enjoyed this series. I'm interested in the end and not just because.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Yeah with Bellamy back and the direction there along with the introduction of a decent Sanctum bad guy it's grabbed me again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Melodeon

To be honest, at this stage I'm rooting for yer man with the eye patch to kill the whole lot of them and be done with it.
    He'd surely have enough skulls then to complete the full suite of furniture. :D

• Advertisement

Do you think the ones who built the throne actually took the skulls from the ones that were killed in recent episodes or did they get lazy and just take them from the gallery of skeletons already there? :)

Murphy has been the only character I've liked from near the beginning. Everyone else has been so inconsistent.
    I just hope he doesn't actually believe he got through to the prisoner. He should know better.

A lot of trust issues in Sanctum. Inara was followed, then the follower was followed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Do you think the ones who built the throne actually took the skulls from the ones that were killed in recent episodes or did they get lazy and just take them from the gallery of skeletons already there? :)

Murphy has been the only character I've liked from near the beginning. Everyone else has been so inconsistent.
    I just hope he doesn't actually believe he got through to the prisoner. He should know better.

A lot of trust issues in Sanctum. Inara was followed, then the follower was followed

I'd say they used the gallery of skeletons to make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the skeleton gallery! :o

Still, the more skulls he harvests, the more nice furniture he can make! :D

A 3-seater sofa perhaps, or a full size corner suite, or even a chaise longue!

A pouf or two???

Melodeon wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the skeleton gallery! :o

Still, the more skulls he harvests, the more nice furniture he can make! :D

A 3-seater sofa perhaps, or a full size corner suite, or even a chaise longue!

A pouf or two???

Just lying on the sofa of skulls, "I want you to draw me like one of your French commanders".

Sorry!

Next episode is September 9th and series finale on September 30th

• Advertisement

Did not see that coming

Nope that was from way out in left field good ep in general though.

Do love Sheidheda/Russell you just know he'd kill them all and happily sit back on the skull throne

Unfortunately I knew something was gonna happen with sites
    having headlines like "Showrunner talks major death".
    The annoying thing is these sites would never review The 100 or barely mention it yet no problem using spoiler headlines

Unfortunately I knew something was gonna happen with sites
    having headlines like "Showrunner talks major death".
    The annoying thing is these sites would never review The 100 or barely mention it yet no problem using spoiler headlines
    Yeah same happened with me , I thought it would be
    Raven
    at one point. Was my own fault as was on TVline which usually reports on the show whenever something big happens

Maybe they had it in trailers or something that
    someone would die then teased more than one
    . I know I've seen that before in other shows

Maybe they had it in trailers or something that
    someone would die then teased more than one
    . I know I've seen that before in other shows

Yeah it would be something like one of these people is going to die and you will never see it coming. Arrow did it for one of the big deaths a few seasons ago where 2 characters were standing over a grave

Meant to say last week, how did the portal know to stay open just long enough for Clarke to go through. Reminded me of Slifers how the portal would stay open for ages while saying goodbye, closing right away after the last person went through, unless for story reasons. Other times if they were making a quick exit it would close right away.

Anyway, for this episode, they made some crap excuse for getting back to Earth, which didn't make sense. Said something about if the gate closes abruptly or something. But as said above, it stayed open a long time.

Then why was Sheidheda allowed to go by himself? Not the most trustworthy sort. Also they knew about cloaking, so why not swing/shoot blindly?

Good job the bomb had DNA originating from Earth so it ended up there.

2 to go

And then there was one.

Didn't really feel like the penultimate episode of the series for some reason.

But for this episode
    obviously they'll find a way to save her when they were stopped from killing her. Though don't know why they didn't go through with it.
    when they left her, all I thought was they could at least close her eyes.
    Something tells me Clarke won't go too easy on them.
    When they and Sheidheda were going through the corridor I was wondering why no guards were cloaked. And if the helmets can see cloaked soldiers, then why wouldn't Clarke or Octavia wear one?

Speaking of Clarke, meant to say last week, everyone took her killing Bellamy rather well.

Don't think Emori will live unfortunately.
    It's lucky all the symbols they needed were on the top of the stone.

Speaking of Clarke, meant to say last week, everyone took her killing Bellamy rather well.

I think it's because they all saw how he wasn't the same person anymore. And that they would have done the same thing if it was a loved one. It's exactly as Octavia told her about Hope, she would do anything to save her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Don't buy the acceptance of Bellamy , sure his mot was going to kill every human on that planet because she felt they were complicit in his death only a couple of episodes ago !.

I really really dislike Clarke , she is a terrible leader completely lead by her emotions and ego.
    She has been making terrible decisions without consultation for years that have devastating impacts on thousands and thousands of people and surely by now one of the bystanders would just walk up behind her and put a bullet in her head !!

in most cases her murders serve no purpose other than feed her ego , and ala Bellamy served no purpose , Octavia and Raven at least felt guilt over their decisions and Octavia in particular had far more trauma that drove her in the direction she went.

I really hope Clarke buys it in the last episode but I suspect she will end up being the person who takes the test which is nuts as she is the worst version of this humanity .

• Advertisement

Yeah, Clarke says she does what she does for her people but wouldn't hesitate to kill them if they inconvenienced her. She had a wee bit of regret for Bellamy. Even with Madi, she quickly turned to the gun. There was a time she would try to find a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Season 6 was such a dip in quality that I had lost interest and had no intention watching the final season week-to-week, although knew I would always come back to it.

Started season 7 on Sunday night and just watched the penultimate episode there this afternoon. Not sure if its because I binge-watched it all over a few days or not, but I've actually really enjoyed the season, and barely noticed that half the cast would be missing from one episode to the next. Still nowhere near as good as the earlier seasons, but I like the characters enough that I've been invested again (and I really just wasn't last season). Looking forward to see how it all wraps up with the finale, and I hope they make that prequel series because I thought the back-door pilot for that was great.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

and I hope they make that prequel series because I thought the back-door pilot for that was great.

I saw yesterday an article about one of the actors who was supposed to be in the prequel, Leo Howard, has been cast as a regular on another CW show, so there's lots of speculation that the prequel isn't happening now, or that it's been changed from the pilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I saw yesterday an article about one of the actors who was supposed to be in the prequel, Leo Howard, has been cast as a regular on another CW show, so there's lots of speculation that the prequel isn't happening now, or that it's been changed from the pilot.

I wouldn't say its dead in the water just yet, those sort of cast changes do tend to happen between a pilot and a series actually getting picked up, so more likely they would just re-cast that character were it to become a series.

I also remember reading back when they initially announced it that even if The CW aren't keen to pick up the series, that it was also being shopped to HBO Max and Netflix (and that those would actually be preferable as they wouldn't have the same restrictions).

I've my fingers crossed it'll still happen, until its confirmed otherwise.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I wouldn't say its dead in the water just yet, those sort of cast changes do tend to happen between a pilot and a series actually getting picked up, so more likely they would just re-cast that character were it to become a series.

I also remember reading back when they initially announced it that even if The CW aren't keen to pick up the series, that it was also being shopped to HBO Max and Netflix (and that those would actually be preferable as they wouldn't have the same restrictions).

I've my fingers crossed it'll still happen, until its confirmed otherwise.

Yeah, I'd say with the whole Covid situation too actors will be jumping ship from delayed projects to ones that are up and running again. Also, apparently a lot of shows are making guest stars regulars now to avoid having to organise auditions, screen tests, etc. for new cast members. Which may just be the case here, Howard having been in several episodes of the previous season of Legacies.

For some reason I thought I read the prequel series had been picked up, but I see now that it hasn't.

Had anyone here read the novels? I never did but curious if they stuck to any of the novels.

For some reason I thought I read the prequel series had been picked up, but I see now that it hasn't.

Had anyone here read the novels? I never did but curious if they stuck to any of the novels.

Haven't read them, but I hear the novels are very much only like the very early episodes of Season 1, and that the writers of the show very much went their own darker and grittier way, once The CW pretty much told them very early on that they had free reign to do whatever they wanted with the show. And don't quote me on this, but think I heard at one point that characters like Raven and Murphy were created for the series and aren't actually in the books, and that the focus is only on The 100 that made it to Earth and doesn't jump back and forth between them and the likes of Kane, Abby, and Jaha and what they're up to as they did in Season 1 (could be very wrong about all that though).

Re: what I've posted above about the differences...

screenrant.com/the-100-differences-show-books

Not sure exactly how to feel about the ending yet. I didn't hate it and don't think it was bad, and once I've had some time to digest I'll probably see that it was a fitting end, but I didn't love it either on first reaction. It'll probably grow on me, and in about 10 years or so I'll hopefully go back and re-watch the whole series and at that point I'll find the ending a lot more satisfying.

• Advertisement

Not sure exactly how to feel about the ending yet. I didn't hate it and don't think it was bad, and once I've had some time to digest I'll probably see that it was a fitting end, but I didn't love it either on first reaction. It'll probably grow on me, and in about 10 years or so I'll hopefully go back and re-watch the whole series and at that point I'll find the ending a lot more satisfying.

Yeah found the ending a bit of a mixed bag. Did like the return of certain actors though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The best thing about the finale was this version of REM's The One I Love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Didn't hate the ending , would have been happier if Clarke had lived out her existence alone ! but at least it was Raven and Octavia that passed the test and not Clarke as they had some redeeming characteristics and Clarke was just awful.

Yeah not sure about that tbh. Did like Indras kill she deserved it.

From a show that started out pretty weak it managed to hold its own even with some shaky series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Seen much worse finales than that but overall the last season was very poor, possibly the weakest of the whole series. Terrible things happened to Clarke during the series but I didn't feel any sympathy for her at the end. Captain eye patch has to be the worse enemy of the series and the idea of transcendence has been done better in other series. I guess I'm happy with the uplifting ending but the Madi ending was a bit rough.

I liked it for an ending. None of this "Open to interpretation" crap.
    Hard to tell but was Emori there? I assume she was if Murphy was there. At least they had a reason for Madi not being there, though t's not like she can be in a relationship in the new place.

I guess Gaia was busy doing Sabrina during filming which is why she disappeared a lot and even just had that one shot at the end while it was obviously a stand in in a dodgy hairpiece for the rest of the scene

• Advertisement

I liked it for an ending. None of this "Open to interpretation" crap.
    Hard to tell but was Emori there? I assume she was if Murphy was there. At least they had a reason for Madi not being there, though t's not like she can be in a relationship in the new place.

I guess Gaia was busy doing Sabrina during filming which is why she disappeared a lot and even just had that one shot at the end while it was obviously a stand in in a dodgy hairpiece for the rest of the scene
    Yeah Emori is there at the end. She's next to Echo as they're all walking towards Clarke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Have to say a lot of the actors appeared to age badly going into the last season. bellamy and Octavia definitely looked rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 7 premieres Friday, 15th October 2021 at 9pm on 4Music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Finally catching up on this thanks to an Australian blu-ray release of season 7.

Will say that Clarke is a hilariously inept protagonist. Probably Rick from the walking dead is about her level, in terms of negative impact on their community. The bit with Bellamy and the book was particularly dire.

Still glad the finished up fairly decisively. The pacing of the season felt a bit off admittedly that may be due to the various injuries/ Pandemic/ other show commitments. Still will gladly take it over a cack handed cliffhanger.

It was quite noticeable among a good chunk of the cast. Echo looked glowing compared to some of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thats a shame - looked intriguing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I watched the final two episodes earlier.

I didn’t really like the final season

the aliens and the transcendence didn’t match the story of the show - it is like it became a completely different series with the exception of ShadHeda’s shenanigans.

and the aliens didn’t even make any sense - they kill entire species after species for not being good enough and doing things like killing? it is nonsense

ShadHeda as the sole big bad would have been great and the last humans all banding together against him and making peace would have been a real uplifting message not like the drippy nonsense they give us

a shame but the previous seasons were great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bob Morley and Eliza Taylor have welcomed their baby

Advertisement