Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

myshirt wrote: »
    Some of it is real sycophant language.

On a separate note, anyone have the detail on what happened with Hex?

People who put a lot of money into one coin can become a bit like that, it's good to stay detached

Hex was considered to be quite scammy last I read

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    People who put a lot of money into one coin can become a bit like that, it's good to stay detached

Looks like the founder made an absolute fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Some of it is real sycophant language. Read the marketing ideas thread on the Discord. The discussion is not about the technology or tokenomics, it's about creating FOMO, peer pressure, and hiring in influencers who are known to have an audience that trusts them, and supplying that person with a script so the messaging is managed.

Some guy said he can hook the project up with some FB page with 200k users who will shill any coin you want as long as it has a referral program. That's the only condition.

It's these guys that would put you off. The more I read about this the more I like it though, even if they do take 20% of the ETH.

On a separate note, anyone have the detail on what happened with Hex?

I hadn't read that thread myself, but generally that's what marketing/advertising is about. Top end marketing is not a nice world. It's about making people think they want something a) because everyone else has it, b) it will make them look cool c) it will make them feel better, d) they will get rich, etc etc etc. And yes there will definitely be people invested in any project who will want to push things to the very edge of what some people are morally comfortable with. Money makes people do crazy things.

Many other cryptos pump hundreds of thousands into marketing or pay crazy money for exchange listings.

Dohnjoe wrote: »

From what I know, Richard Heart (HEX founder) got 100% of all ETH from the HEX auctions. He also then staked all his bags of HEX, including HEX in the OA, two days before their one and only BPD, and enormously reduced the payout people were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

"@everyone
    To assist with positive AXN token movement:

For this week, the Weekly Mega Auction has been altered to 5% below the moving average Uniswap price.
    Auto-stake remains at 14 days."

Update from axion to address the issue with getting more tokens for 1 ETH on uniswap then on the auction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Is 0.0007 possible again?

Is 0.0007 possible again?

Absolutely.

So over paid for it in the last 2 auctions?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Tango One

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Absolutely.

I will sharpen my pitch fork so whelo

@everyone

It’s finally here

The Axion Credit Card Integration, in partnership with https://connect.financial/

Unlike other cryptocurrency cards, the Connect Card is a Visa credit card. This gives it two significant advantages over prepaid debit cards: you can spend using credit, and you can use it for pre-authorised transactions, such as at hotels, gas stations or pay-per-click advertising.
    With the Connect card you can:
    - Control your funding sources
    - Manage both fiat currency and cryptocurrency
    - Increase your spending power by up to 180%
    - Continue to benefit from any increases in the value of your cryptocurrency

When you load your cryptocurrency (such as Bitcoin) as collateral, Connect extends you a line of credit based on a percentage of its value – boosting your card spending power by around 180%. This way you can spend while keeping your cryptocurrency intact: you’ll never lose out by having to liquidate it early.

Connect credit cards are anticipated to be shipped out by the end of January,

Their CEO @Connect_Financial will be doing an AMA in fourty-five minutes at 12pm PST in the #connect-ama channel, that will go live right at 12pm.

• Advertisement

Got Over 2 million AXN today for 0.5 ETH

joe250 wrote: »

Nice.

@everyone

It’s finally here

The Axion Credit Card Integration, in partnership with https://connect.financial/

Unlike other cryptocurrency cards, the Connect Card is a Visa credit card. This gives it two significant advantages over prepaid debit cards: you can spend using credit, and you can use it for pre-authorised transactions, such as at hotels, gas stations or pay-per-click advertising.
    With the Connect card you can:
    - Control your funding sources
    - Manage both fiat currency and cryptocurrency
    - Increase your spending power by up to 180%
    - Continue to benefit from any increases in the value of your cryptocurrency

When you load your cryptocurrency (such as Bitcoin) as collateral, Connect extends you a line of credit based on a percentage of its value – boosting your card spending power by around 180%. This way you can spend while keeping your cryptocurrency intact: you’ll never lose out by having to liquidate it early.

Connect credit cards are anticipated to be shipped out by the end of January,

Their CEO @Connect_Financial will be doing an AMA in fourty-five minutes at 12pm PST in the #connect-ama channel, that will go live right at 12pm.

Interesting. I wonder what their rates will be.

If you stake or front the AXN as collateral, be interested to see their model and where their risk lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

it's tumbling fast. 1.8 in the auction last week was 1Eth.

What's driving the collapse?

Dunno but it's an extreme crypto moon shot, they move sharply.

The weekly auction being so big is the cause. People selling their AXN to buy back into the auction is the main problem. As soon as the auction sells out or gets low enough to stop people doing that it should stabilise.

Am I the only one still buying?

I'm definitely buying. This is the price I got in at, never thought I'd see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I'm down 50% now.
    So it's kind of hard to keep buying. Then again buying a large amount now would lower down my average price.

I'm down 50% now.
    So it's kind of hard to keep buying. Then again buying a large amount now would lower down my average price.

Down about the same. Purchase just under 4.5 million yesterday to try bring down my average.
    Staking them for 2 months.

• Advertisement

I'm down 50% now.

Be careful. Sunken cost fallacy is a thing. I've seen investors chase an alt as it went -50%, -80%, -95%, etc. Throwing money into a pit. People who keep chasing it can get psychologically locked into a spiral of constantly claiming it will "bounce back", "big news soon", "this is normal", etc, etc, very common.

There are thousands of alts, many have dropped vastly in value, quite a few have completely died. You are essentially chasing a "moon shot", a lottery chance that the team doesn't **** up, the token doesn't tank for random factors, there are no exploits, the market holds, etc, etc, etc and then if you are lucky, you can possibly make nice gains

All that aside, it could go the other direction. As always only put in what you can afford to lose.

It is possible to self refer also, which I didn't realise.

It is possible to self refer also, which I didn't realise.

Yeah it is, you need two separate wallets to do it. You can't self refer through the same wallet. Same goes for any referral programme really.

Sidebar, anyone using the Ledger Wallet?

See a lot of bad press at the mo. But you can link it to MetaMask and other wallets. I wonder how that works given the Ledger has its own private key, and these wallets already have a private key. How does that work when you want to sign a transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Yeah it is, you need two separate wallets to do it. You can't self refer through the same wallet. Same goes for any referral programme really.

tbh - and not to be rude - even if i had 10 wallets, this would not be for me.... doesnt feel ok to me.... and yeah i know i know... feelings shmeelings :D

Daithi40 wrote: »
    tbh - and not to be rude - even if i had 10 wallets, this would not be for me.... doesnt feel ok to me.... and yeah i know i know... feelings shmeelings :D

The project or the self referral?

Self referring does feel a little like stealing IMO. But it is part of the system, and has been highlighted from a long way back, therefore people will do it and be happy about the extra % they gain.

So what staking strategies are you guys following?

I am staking mine for 6 weeks at a time with 4 different stakes at 2.5 million each.

Also have 1 year stake of 500000.

Nice new little video here explaining Axion. It's like something Coinbase would make up for their new listings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0pSmWL_hk&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement

I am staking mine for 6 weeks at a time with 4 different stakes at 2.5 million each.

Also have 1 year stake of 500000.

I think I've listed my stakes on here before but I have various, from a rolling short term stake, currently for 30 days, right up to 2.5m tokens for 15 years.

Advertisement