Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

How do they calculate their month for applying the currency conversion fee, is it a rolling month or does it get reset at any point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Hurrache wrote: »
    How do they calculate their month for applying the currency conversion fee, is it a rolling month or does it get reset at any point?

resets every month on a specific date dependednt on when you signed up, ie if you signed up on the 25th it resets on the 25th

if you go into your profile and scroll down to limits it will tell you the limits until whatever date etch

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    resets every month on a specific date dependednt on when you signed up, ie if you signed up on the 25th it resets on the 25th

if you go into your profile and scroll down to limits it will tell you the limits until whatever date etch

Cheers, never noticed that before.

Mine seems wrong, refresh date is the 20th of December, last time I did any EUR-GBP or vice versa conversion was the 5th of November.

Do they take into account say if you buy something on Amazon in GBP and it's deducted from your Euro account, that may explain why I'm already at the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Hurrache wrote: »
    Cheers, never noticed that before.

Mine seems wrong, refresh date is the 20th of December, last time I did any EUR-GBP or vice versa conversion was the 5th of November.

Do they take into account say if buy something on Amazon in GBP and it's deducted from your Euro account, that may explain why I'm already at the limit.

that would count as a conversion yeah

Makes logical sense, dunno why I didn't take those transactions into account and assumed it only applied to shuffling funds around the various currency accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

My daughter has reacher contactless limit on her Revolut junior card.

How do I reset it?

I know for my own card I just have to log into the app, but the doesn't seem to be working for the junior account.
    There is a limit for spending with Revolut Junior. Maybe it has been reached.

See https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/revolut-junior#are-there-any-fees-or-limits-on-a-revolut-account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone maybe have a clue, got a new phone, made apps transfer, tried to log into revolut, it sends sms message with code, but instead accepting the 6digit code it bounces back to login or setup new account screen, tried 20times, uninstalled app from both phones etc, even trying to log in to revolut acc online says original pin isnt correct, even thou tested on old phone and could login fine minutes before, its a new samsung galaxy 10 phone so really dumb found why its not transferring onto new phone as sms comes trough fine and seems as it will log in and just bounces to setup screen :confused: any ideas anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Done a test transfer from my BoI account to the new LT IBAN. Transfer went through OK but it took over 33 hours.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

scamalert wrote: »
    anyone maybe have a clue, got a new phone, made apps transfer, tried to log into revolut, it sends sms message with code, but instead accepting the 6digit code it bounces back to login or setup new account screen, tried 20times, uninstalled app from both phones etc, even trying to log in to revolut acc online says original pin isnt correct, even thou tested on old phone and could login fine minutes before, its a new samsung galaxy 10 phone so really dumb found why its not transferring onto new phone as sms comes trough fine and seems as it will log in and just bounces to setup screen :confused: any ideas anyone.

Yeah, same happened me and my wife when we changed our iPhones lately. If I remember correctly what we had to do was reset our pin to a totally new pin, once we did that it allowed us back in. Once back in, under your profile you can then change the pin back to your old one if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Does it take long to transfer from a credit union account to a revolut card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

What's the story with Revolut users taking ages to make payments? When they have to make a payment in a shop for example, they say something like "Let me just get this set up on Revolut" and they arse around for a minute or two before being able to pay. It seems really inefficient and inconvenient.

GazzaL wrote: »
    What's the story with Revolut users taking ages to make payments? When they have to make a payment in a shop for example, they say something like "Let me just get this set up on Revolut" and they arse around for a minute or two before being able to pay. It seems really inefficient and inconvenient.

That very likely doesn’t happen much, if at all.

That very likely doesn’t happen much, if at all.

I've seen it loads of times.

The other thing I've seen as well is if the payment amount is different from what the person was expecting, they do the similar where they excuse themselves and have to go in to the app to move money around. Painfully slow to watch, it's like watching someone counting out coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The other thing I've seen as well is if the payment amount is different from what the person was expecting, they do the similar where they excuse themselves and have to go in to the app to move money around. Painfully slow to watch, it's like watching someone counting out coppers.

They don't have money in their revolut account. They must either be with a bank that doesn't have Google/apple pay, or that charges for purchases. They wouldn't have this issue of they organised their finances

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Loads of times people have stood in front of you in a shop and audibly named the financial institution they're using for the transaction? Bullsh1t.

Loads of times people have stood in front of you in a shop and audibly named the financial institution they're using for the transaction? Bullsh1t.

They have. Always Revolut users.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Absolutely nobody ever has said out loud “let me get this set up on revolut” as they’re about to make a payment. Ha ha. On the strangest lies I’ve read on here

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

People either have money on their Revolut card or they don’t. If they are stupid enough to go up to a counter and make a purchase and then only transfer money from their bank account to their Revolut acc, then that’s on the person themselves, not Revolut.

I’ve been using Revolut for over five years now and this has NEVER happened to me, and it never will either. If people aren’t able to manage their cards, then Revolut isn’t for them.

Dodge wrote: »
    Absolutely nobody ever has said out loud “let me get this set up on revolut” as they’re about to make a payment. Ha ha. On the strangest lies I’ve read on here

Is this some sort of a cult? You'd swear I insulted your mothers. It's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Is this some sort of a cult? You'd swear I insulted your mothers. It's a fact.

It’s just a weird thing to make up mate.

I don’t use revolut here. No need.

It has loads of flaws, but “loads” of people saying out loud ‘I just have to set this up’ is a straight lie

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    It’s just a weird thing to make up mate.

I don’t use revolut here. No need.

It has loads of flaws, but “loads” of people saying out loud ‘I just have to set this up’ is a straight lie

It's fact m8. It's worse than the people counting out coppers.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    People either have money on their Revolut card or they don’t. If they are stupid enough to go up to a counter and make a purchase and then only transfer money from their bank account to their Revolut acc, then that’s on the person themselves, not Revolut.

I’ve been using Revolut for over five years now and this has NEVER happened to me, and it never will either. If people aren’t able to manage their cards, then Revolut isn’t for them.

Fair points. This makes sense, rather than the lads crying "LIES, LIES!".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

While I believe it probably did happen and the op witnessed it. It’s never happened to me. It was prob just someone who didn’t manage the money right. Saying it out loud was more than likely to let the cashier know they have money but not in the right place to pay for it so give them a minute to get the money ready. I would put 90% of people know you need to top up Revolut. It’s no different than people rummaging in their purse/bag for the money (this infuriates me)

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

tv3tg4 wrote: »

How did you top up? By card or bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Mine usually come through on next working day when transferring using the Credit Union app

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mine usually come through on next working day when transferring using the Credit Union app
    If I do a transfer from my CU in the morning, it generally comes through a few hours later. Afternoon and it's the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yeah, same happened me and my wife when we changed our iPhones lately. If I remember correctly what we had to do was reset our pin to a totally new pin, once we did that it allowed us back in. Once back in, under your profile you can then change the pin back to your old one if you like.
    thx for reply but the issue is if i enter the previous pin, its says its incorrect- which actually for brief second on webpage goes like accepted, and to reset that pin you need to get into app, which tried again today it sends message to phone and looks like its accepted just to bring it back to create account and login screen loop :confused: guessing maybe because its galaxy s10 it could have some software android issues, as looking online there was login issues on 2nd of december for android but revolut claims to have fixed em.
    guess only way is to get in touch with support but tried on my own app yesterday and no chance to get to speak to anyone due to high volumes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's common, but a couple of times I've heard nearly word for word like he described.

"oh sorry need to topup my Revolut, 2 secs".

As most people use it as a pre-pay service, I don't think it's that shocking tbh. Saying Revolut is a bit weird though, that's true.

I've been caught out loads of times at tills without a balance in my Revolut account - and while I don't say it outloud, I can see why it would happen...

Not being smart or evil but wouldnt u check your balance before buying something if u are using it that much its not like ur bank card where u just keep tapping away u know u have the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's common, but a couple of times I've heard nearly word for word like he described.

"oh sorry need to topup my Revolut, 2 secs".

As most people use it as a pre-pay service, I don't think it's that shocking tbh. Saying Revolut is a bit weird though, that's true.

I've been caught out loads of times at tills without a balance in my Revolut account - and while I don't say it outloud, I can see why it would happen...

Seriously. How many times would you need to be caught out at a till without a balance on your card to actually do something about it? It's not exactly rocket science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Does anyone know how to stop Revolut / Paypal charging me in Sterling when I make a Paypal transaction? My Revolut Card is the one on Paypal and I can't seem to find a setting for currency.

TIA!

Advertisement