Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

You know that simply dubbing in to English is never what I meant which is why you chose to paraphrase me when you first responded to my post. You are not sincere in your contribution to this discussion.
    RTL is not an official sender. It is a privatsender, not supported by the broadcasting fee.

DLF now discussing political freedom and independance in Tunisia.
    DLK Klassik playing music from emerging artists who don't get coverage on the commercial stations.
    DLF Nova discussing secure methods for demonstrators to mobilise in Hong Kong.

Please step back from the Conversation as all you add is similar noise to those you have criticised earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,651 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

rivegauche wrote: »
    You know that simply dubbing in to English is never what I meant

Really?

You seem to be arguing with yourself so.
    If RTE did no more than just rebroadcast Deutschlandfunk and DW content which is extremely diverse but well researched and presented in English/Irish they'd go most of the way to satisfying their public service remit.
    RTL is not an official sender. It is a privatsender, not supported by the broadcasting fee.

I never said they were.
    Please step back from the Conversation as all you add is similar noise to those you have criticised earlier.

You're grand, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Your?
    I'm out. You are clearly what you are which is probably a refugee from that cesspit politics.ie.

Your?
    I'm out. You are clearly what you are which is probably a refugee from that cesspit politics.ie.

Ah, yeah, all right. Have a good one.

Auf Wiedersehen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Could be an interesting slot on RTE 1to try some imports.
    Worth looking into I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

We almost lost Duffy
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4658586/rte-joe-duffy-offered-money-leave-liveline/

Thank god he has a conscience and thought LL worth staying for as its a public service
    Cue book promo

Are RTÉ sponsoring these news stories about presenters fearing losing their jobs, they are all over the news in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That old chestnut.
    JOE Duffy has told how he was offered more money to leave RTE - but insisted he believes Liveline provides a public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    That old chestnut.

Skoy News would be beating down his door for him to do a chat show so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Public service". Promoting his own book from now till xmas ad nauseam, FREE.

Expect plenty of "Caller driven" calls about Belfast and Nordridden Ireland over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Weepsie wrote: »
    I don't understand why RTE suddenly decided to show 2 Dublin championship quarterfinal matches. I can't tell you the last time they showed a club game that wasn't the final, and especially 2 back to back, with fairly limited appeal and concentrated on only 1 club championship.

There was a few finals on the last few weeks that they havn't made any effort to show, but this for some reason.

A good way to fill in 2 hours cheaply. Expect more of such matches to be shown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

I had the misfortune to put on this Pulling With My Parents when flicking between channels. It went off as quick more. What in the name of god? Just as you think things cannot get any worse! This is so bad it almost makes Love Island look good. Who dreams up this tripe?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Public service". Promoting his own book from now till xmas ad nauseam, FREE.

Expect plenty of "Caller driven" calls about Belfast and Nordridden Ireland over the next few months.
    he is utterly shameless. akin to one of those
    US televangelists

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Weepsie wrote: »
    I don't understand why RTE suddenly decided to show 2 Dublin championship quarterfinal matches. I can't tell you the last time they showed a club game that wasn't the final, and especially 2 back to back, with fairly limited appeal and concentrated on only 1 club championship.

There was a few finals on the last few weeks that they havn't made any effort to show, but this for some reason.

To be fair I think the first weekend they decided to show the games they were not from Dublin. They are showing Kerry GAA this weekend.

I have serious issues with RTE, but think its cool to show live sport where people have actual interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I had the misfortune to put on this Pulling With My Parents when flicking between channels. It went off as quick more. What in the name of god? Just as you think things cannot get any worse! This is so bad it almost makes Love Island look good. Who dreams up this tripe?

It gets better-it's repeated tonight on RTE 1... so now the detritus they're dumping on RTE 2, they're repeating on RTE 1...

It used to be the other way round-'originally shown on RTE1, now repeated on RTE2'.

Quality programming from RTE... just quality...

RTE is now a joke-it's not even aimed at any specific audience. It's insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

he is utterly shameless.

You could have stopped typing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Got the letter in the post today:
    "A television license inspector visited the above address recently, unfortunately he/she did not speak with you at the the time, but he/she did observe evidence of a television set at the premises on that date.

At the date of production of this letter, there is no record of a current tv license at your address and as such, further action will now be taken unless a TV License is purchased immediately"

The bolded bit was in the letter as well. I have not had a TV since 2009. I live in an apartment building behind 2 security doors, on the 5th floor facing a street, with private buildings all around me, so there is no view from the street into the apartment. My wife is at home nearly 23 hrs a day during the week, and has had no visitors or attempted calls in the last few weeks.
    So I have no idea how a TV set was 'observed' on the premises, other than it being a generic, vaguely threatening/scaremongering letter to try and guilt people into getting a license.

Such utter bollocks and a waste of everyones time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

retalivity wrote: »
    Got the letter in the post today:

The bolded bit was in the letter as well. I have not had a TV since 2009. I live in an apartment building behind 2 security doors, on the 5th floor facing a street, with private buildings all around me, so there is no view from the street into the apartment. My wife is at home nearly 23 hrs a day during the week, and has had no visitors or attempted calls in the last few weeks.
    So I have no idea how a TV set was 'observed' on the premises, other than it being a generic, vaguely threatening/scaremongering letter to try and guilt people into getting a license.

Such utter bollocks and a waste of everyones time.

Have you an image of that letter without personal info

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

jimmynokia wrote: »

They will have to live within their means, like the rest of us.

But will they be able to do it. Dee has some tough decisions to make over the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Have you an image of that letter without personal info

Yup, here it is

493111.jpg

• Advertisement

Yup, here it is

493111.jpg

Tell them to go FCUK off I have no tv in my house only moved into new build I have two projectors and cant wait for them to knock on the door. If that letter had said NO evidence of a tv set it would have been great,fcukers hardly had a drone lol

NIMAN wrote: »
    They will have to live within their means, like the rest of us.

But will they be able to do it. Dee has some tough decisions to make over the coming months.

Dee needs a reality check and including her own salary,time for new talent that will cost half what they are paying out, sick of the repeats,the self promos and the same guests time and time again,it needs a full revamp end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Yup, here it is

I keep getting the same type of letter a year after I signed the declaration that I had no TV.

All those letters go in the bin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Montrose holiday camp needs to be sold off

Drowning in debt and sitting on a site like that

In the real world receivers would be appointed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

If they won't reduce wages and outgoings then they must sell donnybrook and move out to a n industrial unit somewhere its the only way.

"Evidence" of a television could be a Dish or Aerial.

Contact them and tell them to go fúck themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Montrose holiday camp needs to be sold off

Drowning in debt and sitting on a site like that

In the real world receivers would be appointed

I'd say if one of those consultants went in and asked everyone what they did and how much they were paid, there could be massive savings made.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Loblox

My pitch: Survivor: RTE.

Take RTE's talents and set them loose on a deserted island off the west coast with limited food/comforts but large quantities of weapons. Live cast the next few weeks. Get a decent vo to wax philosophical and a drone to showcase the natural beauty of the country as they tear each other apart. The last survivor gets their own show. The others get a Christian burial.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'd say if one of those consultants went in and asked everyone what they did and how much they were paid, there could be massive savings made.

“Sorry can you repeat that please

You get how much for doing that”?

The two suits look at each other and shake their heads in bewilderment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

bigroad wrote: »
    If they won't reduce wages and outgoings then they must sell donnybrook and move out to a n industrial unit somewhere its the only way.

I can't see how that would be a solution to their problems.
    Montrose is already set up with all the facilities needed to broadcast TV and Radio.
    It would cost another fortune to convert an industrial unit.
    Besides if the root causes of their problems are not addressed any money made from such a move would be spent in short order.
    What then? Move into some farmers barn in Meath?

Advertisement