Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

wildwillow wrote: »
    Negative covid test so surgery in the morning. Test swab from nose only. Rather unpleasant sensation which lasted about 30 mins after, but bearable.
    So delighted to be getting surgery for an injury and getting back to normal life in a few weeks. Postponed since March so not too long of a delay.
    Should be sleeping but can't seem to manage.
    Due in hospital at 9am and will be in overnight.

I hope all goes well, this time tomorrow it'll all be over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Negative covid test so surgery in the morning. Test swab from nose only. Rather unpleasant sensation which lasted about 30 mins after, but bearable.
    So delighted to be getting surgery for an injury and getting back to normal life in a few weeks. Postponed since March so not too long of a delay.
    Should be sleeping but can't seem to manage.
    Due in hospital at 9am and will be in overnight.

Hope it goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

No, gosh not able for a full week of twelve hour shifts, doing six. But then more leave and back to four twelves a week for a while i hope..

I had either three or four 12hr shifts with 20 mins for passdown. It alternated. Would do a month of nights a month of days, although if you got transferred for a month for training it could suck (happened to me once). Doing the three day weeks was perfect. My biggest problem was the two hours of commuting a day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The travel does add to it, of course with covid it's been much more free flowing until recently

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So I’m now aboard a lovely B777-300 aircraft, got busy cleaning my business class seat with Dettol wipes only to realise that I was one row behind my assigned seat, so moved seat and repeated the cleaning process. Then we got offered seats in the First Class suites, so cleaning again 😀😀😀

Time to change my job title from hotel room bum to aircraft cleaner 😀

• Advertisement

You clean up fierce well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Thanks for good wishes, giving up on sleep, Will have a shower and a daybreak stroll around the garden
    Over and out till I return from hospital.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for good wishes, giving up on sleep, Will have a shower and a daybreak stroll around the garden
    Over and out till I return from hospital.

Hope it goes well willow

Bedside but thinking kitchen side for a cupan Tae and toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have had longer naps than what I had for sleep last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Fell asleep at 1, woke at 6, I usually sleep like a baby! I have towels coming today from Argos though so this pleases me, it's the little things :D oh and I'm finally getting a bedsheet too, the luxury of it all :p

I hope all goes well with your surgery Willow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, I'm on the mend I'm glad to say :) must get some brekkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

In work. Joy to the world!! Uuuuggghhh

does anyone have an email address for the british telecom (the phonebook)? , see if I can contact them to remove my number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

All the best Wildwillow!

Deskside, coffee had.. Vulnerability reports to write...

Hope everyone is installing the COVID contact tracing app :)

does anyone have an email address for the british telecom (the phonebook)? , see if I can contact them to remove my number

http://www.ukphonebook.com/contact

The process is on that page. Select the from the drop down :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff.

No its not maxwell house :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Deskside with the sweet stuff.

No its not maxwell house :pac:

Lyons' tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

RMAOK wrote: »
    Lyons' tea?

Ding Ding. Round one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

All the best Wildwillow!

Deskside, coffee had.. Vulnerability reports to write...

Hope everyone is installing the COVID contact tracing app :)

I bloody well won't!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the bus on my way into the dentist. Getting filling work done that was delayed due to the Covid-19 lockdown.

Not looking forward!

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I bloody well won't!

Can I ask why you're against it? No hassle if you don't want to answer :)

http://www.ukphonebook.com/contact

The process is on that page. Select the from the drop down :)

Thanks!

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated :p

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated :p

Is that a TA? :D

Time for instant coffee, I didn't realise there was a contact tracing app available yet.

Time for instant coffee, I didn't realise there was a contact tracing app available yet.

Came out today Leg.

Came out today Leg.

I hope everyone has been supportive, Dave! :p

I hope everyone has been supportive, Dave! :p

There's been 300,000+ downloads so far! It's great to see. It's a really good thing for everyone. Installing it and being involved will help keep the country up and running and peoples jobs and livelihoods safe(r).

There's been 300,000+ downloads so far! It's great to see. It's a really good thing for everyone. Installing it and being involved will help keep the country up and running and peoples jobs and livelihoods safe(r).

I agree with all of this ^^

But I'm pretty sure leg end was hoping people were supportive of you coming out today. :D:D

I agree with all of this ^^

But I'm pretty sure leg end was hoping people were supportive of you coming out today. :D:D

I've no doubt she was :)

I am not the type of person who gets on a soap box about anything. However, this is something I feel strongly about and want to try to help correct the misinformation being spread by conspiracy theorists. Most of them have no notion what they're talking about and as a person who works with the security and privvacy of information systems I can speak from a position of knowledge and understanding of what is going on with the app. :cool:

• Advertisement

No doubt there were a few who got a TH from it all Leg and I must admit so did I :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement