Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If we believe that Liverpool and city are going to run away in the league again, would be mad to put all eggs into one basket and just load up with Salah, Mane, Sterling, KdB and Aguero and get bargain basement for all other positions?

There's always mid ranged players and other higher priced also who do very well despite poor results. People who skimped more on the big two teams will pick points up from here while your bargains hit long barren periods. They'll also jump between the big two teams' players depending on form taking away some advantage again.

On top of that Liverpool and City could run amock in one game week but you're looking at two of your players from them sitting there on 2 points apiece alongside your struggling bargains. Points between players may not be scored evenly among them in individual GWs and during streaks alike.

Taking individual players' prospects versus their price as a player selection process should take precedence over boxticking and name checking your City and Liverpool players in. Sometimes these align and you get that anyway. Most times though I think you'll find fantasy teams with 11 decent potential point scorers (adjusted for expectation of their ability) will get the better of those with players clinging onto the coat tails.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My name is Mr P and for once I haven't held onto my wildcard until November!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

On a wildcard and currently on this:

Button Pope
    TAA Digne Zinchenko Kelly Lundstram
    Mount Salah KDB Sterling Cantwell
    Pukki Haller Joelinton

Only problem is that I took out Martial to facilitate that midfield. Would have to weaken the defence to get Aguero in for KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Getting more and more tempted by this

Pope, Button

TAA, Montoya, Digne, Lundstrum, Zinchenko

Salah, Sterling, Martial, Cantwell, Dendonker

Aguero, Haller, Greenwood

Little worried about having 4 bargain basement players - but feel like Aguero will explode (should have had 3 pens in 3)

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Getting more and more tempted by this

Pope, Button

TAA, Montoya, Digne, Lundstrum, Zinchenko

Salah, Sterling, Martial, Cantwell, Dendonker

Aguero, Haller, Greenwood

Little worried about having 4 bargain basement players - but feel like Aguero will explode (should have had 3 pens in 3)

I don't like Greenwood because my team with Martial and Aguero and no KDB was pretty much that. Trade off between Martial/Dendonker/Aguero/Greenwood vs Mount/KDB/Pukki/Joelinton. I do like the former but I don't want a non playing striker in my squad going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

claw wrote: »
    I don't like Greenwood because my team with Martial and Aguero and no KDB was pretty much that. Trade off between Martial/Dendonker/Aguero/Greenwood vs Mount/KDB/Pukki/Joelinton. I do like the former but I don't want a non playing striker in my squad going forward.

If Martial is out this week, isnt there a good chance Greenwood starts?

Get where you are coming from - i have just been treating it as a dead spot so far

naughtb4 wrote: »
    If Martial is out this week, isnt there a good chance Greenwood starts?

Get where you are coming from - i have just been treating it as a dead spot so far

I think I have a blind spot now with Greenwood - just having Kane and King the first 3 weeks with no other striker has put more pressure on my midfield and my defence. Got away with it the first 2 weeks but Kane blanking has made me think I would like more flexibility up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Thinking of :

Pope-Button
    Digne-VVD-Soyuncu-Mings-Lundstrum
    Salah-Sterling-Maddison-Ceballos-McGinn
    Aguero-Pukki-Greenwood

Players in bold are incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Thinking of :

Pope-Button
    Digne-VVD-Soyuncu-Mings-Lundstrum
    Salah-Sterling-Maddison-Ceballos-McGinn
    Aguero-Pukki-Greenwood

Players in bold are incoming

I like the Aguero & Sterling double up. I’m thinking of doing the same. Don’t think many will have both.

I have Mings too, would of went Soyuncu but hadn’t enough & had to 3 x 4mil defenders in Lundy, Kelly & Hanley

Pope ——> Adrian
    Van Dijk ———> Keane
    DeBruyne ——-> Choudury
    Wesley ———> Aguero

Cantwell is my 8th attacker so he would come in instead of Choudury.

So it won’t become

Adrian (Stek)

Keane Lundstram Mings (Kelly, Hanley)

Sterling Salah Pepe Cantwell (Chodury)

Aguero Haller Pukki.

Is that too risky starting Cantwell? Will Adrian & Keane cover Pope & VvD.

Will Aguero outscore DeBruyne... Yes ... will it be enough to cover the aforementioned potentials?

These are my current thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Had two shockers of weeks after a great first week so have gone for a rage WC - currently have this as my first draft - would love to somehow be able to get Robertson in (not really sure about the Matip gamble but he is playing really well and could be nice cheap Liverpool cover, could also be a transfer waiting to happen) but happy enough apart from that..

Pope - Button
    Digne - Matip - Mings - Kelly - Lundstram
    Sterling - Salah - Mount - Ceballos - Cantwell
    Aguero - Pukki - Haller

Had two shockers of weeks after a great first week so have gone for a rage WC - currently have this as my first draft - would love to somehow be able to get Robertson in (not really sure about the Matip gamble but he is playing really well and could be nice cheap Liverpool cover, could also be a transfer waiting to happen) but happy enough apart from that..

Pope - Button
    Digne - Matip - Mings - Kelly - Lundstram
    Sterling - Salah - Mount - Ceballos - Cantwell
    Aguero - Pukki - Haller

Very close to my team that I just posted.

Same strikers
    3 mids & 3 defenders the same.
    Liverpool & Everton defence coverage!

I think by you not having Pepe gives you more balance but I like Pepe and think he’ll explode

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Not on WC but was messing around with trying to pack in premiums and I actually quite like this

Pope/4.0
    TAA/Montoya/Soychu/Guilbert/Lundstram
    Salah/Sterling/KdB/Cantwell/Dendoncker
    Aguero/Pukki/Ayew

7 starting places nailed down each week and then the others rotate based on fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

trigger pulled

Pope/Heaton

VVD, Digne, Guilbert, Pieters, Lundstram

Sterling, Salah, KDB, Ceballos, Cantwell

Haller, Barnes, Abraham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

ShimSlady wrote: »
    trigger pulled

Pope/Heaton

Haller, Barnes, Abraham

Seems to be fairly close to template at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Current squad now has Kun, Sterling, Salah, VVD, Laporte, Digne, Pukki & Barnes. Really need a good haul this weekend as I’m at 1.8m overall, a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ShimSlady wrote: »
    trigger pulled

Pope/Heaton

Haller, Barnes, Abraham
    Would Prob go with Pukki over Abraham

Current squad now has Kun, Sterling, Salah, VVD, Laporte, Digne, Pukki & Barnes. Really need a good haul this weekend as I’m at 1.8m overall, a disaster.

Bloody hell what is the rest of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Just hit the wildcard button....
    Currently have
    Pope ( McGovern)

Van dijk. Wan biassa dunk Lindstrom (Pieter's)

Salah sterling de bruyne. Cantwell ( d luiz )

Aguero pukki ( greenwood)

Have I put too much faith in the city players?
    Should I downgrade Van dijk to an Everton defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Pope, Heaton

Maitland-Niles, Digne, Lundstrum, Mings, Kelly

Mane, Sterling, KDB, Mount, Cantwell

Aguero, Pukki, Greenwood

What are peoples thoughts on the above?

Happy enough with it but wondering should I go Salah & Kane/Auba over Mane & Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

j timber wrote: »
    Have I put too much faith in the city players?

Come wildcard, I'd have 5 City players if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I have added Adrian in for Heaton to cover pool defense. I am worried about having none of their defenders going forward though.

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Pope, Heaton

Maitland-Niles, Digne, Lundstrum, Mings, Kelly

Mane, Sterling, KDB, Mount, Cantwell

Aguero, Pukki, Greenwood

What are peoples thoughts on the above?

Happy enough with it but wondering should I go Salah & Kane/Auba over Mane & Aguero

Afraid I don’t like it.

I think 2 of the 3 City lads would give you a lot more balance.

I think any WC team should have Salah. Sterling and TAA and take it from there.

I don’t like Pukki. I think that train has sailed. I’m quite alone on that one though I think. Don’t like AMN either. Don’t like Kane either.

I really like Mount. Looks a fantastic player.

I also think there could be great value in 3 strikers this year. Unlike other years there seems to be a lot of viable choices between 6-8m (so can hop around) and we could be looking at 3-4-3 being the best formation again.

I’d only go for one 4.5m keeper and a 4.0m.

I’d have TAA, 4.5m, Kelly, Lundstram, 4.0m

Cantwell or Dendoncker as 5th mid.

Edit - obviously there’s also fantastic midfielders in that price range too but 3-5-2 leaves you with a dead striker on bench whereas 3-4-3 leaves you with a better bench option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Pope Heaton
    Matip Christensen Soyuncu Ake Dunk
    KDB Salah Martial(tbc) Mount Noble
    Pukki Aguero Barnes

No Sterling may be an issue.
    Think Matip will hold his spot.
    Noble probably won’t appear for me much but penalty threat at least when he does now back to fitness.
    Think Christensen will start ahead of Zouma when Rudiger is back.

Afraid I don’t like it.

I think 2 of the 3 City lads would give you a lot more balance.

I think any WC team should have Salah. Sterling and TAA and take it from there.

I don’t like Pukki. I think that train has sailed. I’m quite alone on that one though I think. Don’t like AMN either. Don’t like Kane either.

I really like Mount. Looks a fantastic player.

I also think there could be great value in 3 strikers this year. Unlike other years there seems to be a lot of viable choices between 6-8m (so can hop around) and we could be looking at 3-4-3 being the best formation again.

I’d only go for one 4.5m keeper and a 4.0m.

I’d have TAA, 4.5m, Kelly, Lundstram, 4.0m

Cantwell or Dendoncker as 5th mid.

Edit - obviously there’s also fantastic midfielders in that price range too but 3-5-2 leaves you with a dead striker on bench whereas 3-4-3 leaves you with a better bench option.

I pretty much agree with all of this, I would like to have Aguero instead of KDB but I think it would weaken the rest of the team too much. Definitely want to have TAA. I agree with Pukki, quite happy to have him for this week though and then put in Barnes after the break cos Burnley's fixtures are very nice for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

mdwexford wrote: »
    Although Aguero instead of Sterling and switched a mid also in my thoughts after today.

Toying with this idea myself. Aguero and KdB will pick up a lot of City points and give a solid City captain option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

First draft I've done messing around, Italics are current players

Pope/Heaton
    TAA/Soyuncu/Zinchenko/Montoya/Lundstram
    Salah/Sterling/KDB/Cebellos/Dendonker
    Pukki/Haller/Barnes

Talk to me about this Soyuncu lad. Have him in my draft cause he's in everyone's!!

Have hardly seen any of Liecester. Nailed and attacking I presume?

FHFC wrote: »
    Talk to me about this Soyuncu lad. Have him in my draft cause he's in everyone's!!

Have hardly seen any of Liecester. Nailed and attacking I presume?

Maguires replacement so not attacking.

Pereira and Chilwell are the attacking ones.

• Advertisement

Maguires replacement so not attacking.

Pereira and Chilwell are the attacking ones.

Thanks. Didn't even know he was a CB.

Saw he had an assist. Whats the attraction of Leicester defence then!?

Advertisement