Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I doing this right?

Options
  • 07-02-2020 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Been overweight most of adult life and have done weight watchers/unislim/slimming world etc and can usually shed a stone within 4 weeks but once I hit a week of no weight loss or only a minimal loss I give up and inevitably put the weight back on.

Over the last few weeks, I've made a few small changes - I'm eating breakfast, walking on average 30k steps a week and eating more fruit and veg.

I didn't weigh myself before I started but I've been in or around 260lbs for the past 5 years or so and I'm now at 248lbs (I still have a long way to go!)

Could the few changes I've made have made that much difference already?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

You're losing weight with small, sustainable changes. You're doing things exactly right.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

30k steps in a week doesn’t seem like much to me. Could you try to do more? A 10 year old child recently told me he does 20k on football training days.

Just editing in that I’m not criticising you. We are all in different situations but maybe upping the steps could really help.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

shutup wrote: »
    30k steps in a week doesn’t seem like much to me. Could you try to do more? A 10 year old child recently told me he does 20k on football training days.
    Children have small legs and take more steps. ;)

In all seriousness, I agree it’s not a lot. 10k a day is a reasonable target for being active. An that would excluding training steps. A 10k run could be up to 10k extra steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Thanks for the feedback. My starting point is a very sedentary lifestyle so I'm trying to make small sustainable changes and have increased my step target to 7000 per day this week to 8000 next week and so on.

A friend of mine told me that I should see a doctor as I've lost nearly a stone without dieting but as far as I'm concerned the small changes I'm making are making a small difference and will stand to me in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Sounds like you’re on the right track. Defiantly agree with your approach.
    Best of luck with it everything

• Advertisement
Advertisement