Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭thebusher

Code email arrived :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

are all of ye going in person to a TM, or are you going to shop online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Ky_mc

Purchasing the tickets online as its too early

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Just received my code and would you believe it, it's the correct one! Right, better set the alarm clock now for tomorrow at 9 as I've a few beers lined up for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Would appreciate any codes going, have been to 5 EP's but don't have them on my tm account won't be anywhere near a kiosk tomorrow unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    Just received my code and would you believe it, it's the correct one! Right, better set the alarm clock now for tomorrow at 9 as I've a few beers lined up for tonight.

Any parents out there bring their kids the last year or two?
    It's been a few years since I went and I brought my nephew (4) that time. Had a ball.

Just wondering if it's still as kid friendly or anything changed I'm not aware of.
    Hoping to bring my daughter, she'll be tipping 4 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭sadie9

"Once again we are offering the Loyalty Scheme tickets to our loyal followers as well as a three-stage instalment plan.
    To be eligible for a discount, you will need to prove you’ve been before and in return you’ll get the discount code.
    For those of you who missed out on online registration for the EP Loyalty Scheme, you can still avail of the loyalty discount by bringing your previous festival wristbands to a Ticketmaster kiosk.
    If you have been to the festival three times or more a ticket will cost €170,
    if you've been once or twice a ticket will cost €190 and
    if you haven't been before an early bird ticket will cost you €210."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

No code for me, have emailled Ticketmaster but it doesn't seem likely that they will respond to me before tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Registered for my code, have 3 picnics under my belt all bought online but still not code? any suggestions? going to try my luck with the shop tomorrow!

Also only joined the 2019 thread in about June, Looking forward to keeping up with this one from the start!

Anyone got any realistic wishes for EP20? Chemical Brothers, Lewis Capaldi,Coldplay, Paul Kalkbrenner, KINK, Fontaines DC, Killers, Killers, Motor City Drum Ensemble!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Ficcss wrote: »
    Registered for my code, have 3 picnics under my belt all bought online but still not code? any suggestions? going to try my luck with the shop tomorrow!

Also only joined the 2019 thread in about June, Looking forward to keeping up with this one from the start!

Anyone got any realistic wishes for EP20? Chemical Brothers, Lewis Capaldi,Coldplay, Paul Kalkbrenner, KINK, Fontaines DC, Killers, Killers, Motor City Drum Ensemble!!

Do the 2 Killers cancel each other out? If so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

As expected the idiots made a balls of my code. Even though I have about 6 purchases under my TM account.

We regret to inform you that your registration for the Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme does not meet the Eligibility Terms.

You still have an opportunity to purchase tickets for Electric Picnic 2020 when tickets go on general sale on Saturday 7 September at 09:00. Codes will not be required for general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Was turned down for a code , been at least 7 times , :(

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Turned down for a code also albeit I've been to 10 EP's. F**kers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

Yes same here. Wtf
    Was turned down for a code , been at least 7 times , :(

The killers at 4/5/6 on a Saturday evening would be right up my street!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Ben Done

Only got a 2 or less code, but if anyone wants it, please PM.

Edit: gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Fúcking idiots. I actually have 8 previous purchases, every year since 2011. How hard can it be for them to check TM purchase history.

"We regret to inform you that your registration for the Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme does not meet the Eligibility Terms"

ARSE BISCUITS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Correct code received, thank feck

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yep I was also turned down, even though I checked to make sure that I do have online purchases of tickets.

Annoyingly, I have thrown out my writstbands because they used to accept photos of you from previous Picnics, but don't seem to accept these any more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭rubick

They regret to inform me that I have only been to EP nine times.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Ben Done wrote: »
    Only got a 2 or less code, but if anyone wants it, please PM.

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

rubick wrote: »
    They regret to inform me that I have only been to EP nine times.

same here, what an absolute fcuk up, as always.

Did the people here who at been to 8+ eps go this year? I've been to 8 but didn't go this year, wonder did they disqualify based on not going this year first?

paulieeye wrote: »
    same here, what an absolute fcuk up, as always.

Did the people here who at been to 8+ eps go this year? I've been to 8 but didn't go this year, wonder did they disqualify based on not going this year first?

No, i've been going since 2010 and was there this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Been to 11 picnics but i don't meet the criteria. Ace!

No, i've been going since 2010 and was there this year.

someone wrote some dodgy SQL

When buying tickets with the band do they check the numbers on them?

I need to get four tickets so planning on sending the other half in after me staying behind me in the que?

But will be using the same card do you think they will cancel all four tickets for using the same card? (Not selling them on just getting them for friends who dont have the funds right now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

paulieeye wrote:

Yup , I went this year so at a lose re their logic to divvy out codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

I've been to 8+ EP's and got the same email! Trying to ring Ticketmaster but to no avail. What is a man to do next? Someone mentioned in this thread before that they messed the code up last year and refunded the difference of a full priced early bird ticket. Would this be the best route to go?
    Some feck up all the same. The people going the most years seem to be having the issue.
    Have not missed a year either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Lads are ye able to see all your past picnics in your account history?

t4tQPQZ.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

t4tQPQZ.png

Yep I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Time to burn them down so...

Yep I am.

same, can see all 8

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Yep I am.

Me too, going back to 2013 for me personally in TM. I can see EP 2015/16/17/18/19 since this is when I started buying EP tickets through TM.

I can see old picnics on my account. Bought the recent ones in person (I've regressed technologically in my dotage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

same, can see all 8

I got my 3+ code, curious to see if others are able to review their history and haven't got theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭whelzer

Yeah - got 3 or more code...

t4tQPQZ.png

Yep. I sent them my order numbers, and shortly after got the email saying i wasn't eligible. Strange one.
    I've contacted them again saying they're incorrect.
    I won't be buying tickets if i don't get a code. I'm thick like that..

someone wrote some dodgy SQL

select luckyuser from stupidbigtable order by rand() limit letssay100;

Sorry, couldn't help it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭GentleHumour

I got the code for 2 or more. :D

Friend of mine has been to 8/9 Picnics. Didn't receive a code, but got the 'not eligible' email. She got through to TM on the phone. They are saying it was luck of the draw. Limited amount going. Anyone else get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

No code received. I've bought tickets the last 10 years...

Promotions folder on gmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Nothing yet,typical!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

I was deemed ineligible for a code also.

And the 3 Picnics are all in my tm.ie history. I had alteady emailed them last week, and they said i should be fine.

Any codes going appreciated

It's baffling because giving out the code doesn't guarantee that you will get one of the early bird tickets, as they can still sell out, so it's not like they are losing money by giving everyone a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

It is too much of coincidence that perhaps the cheapest discounted loyalty options have not been honoured. It stinks if it's a case of 'luck of the draw'. I'd imagine a high percentage of the lucky ones are on the smaller figures of picnics attended.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up to anyone who has their purchase history on their TM account.

I DM'd TM help on twitter, and copied the ineligibility email and my account details.
    They just got back to say the email was incorrect, and gave me a 3 picnic code.

@TMIrelandHelp

Best of luck

Friend of mine has been to 8/9 Picnics. Didn't receive a code, but got the 'not eligible' email. She got through to TM on the phone. They are saying it was luck of the draw. Limited amount going. Anyone else get that?

So, the blurb about ballot may be correct...see the conditions that were put up (part of them here)

Verified Fan Terms and Conditions Electric Picnic 2020
    Presale Eligibility Terms

1. In making a decision on your eligibility to be entered into the ballot to access Electric Picnic loyalty codes, we will assess the data you provide to us. As part of this assessment we panalyse the contact details you provide, in order to verify and authenticate these. Together all such data is your "Eligibility Data" and will be used to determine whether, in our opinion and based on our criteria, you are a "Verified Fan" who has purchased for one or more previous Electric Picnics online.
    ....etc.

Another thing....they are saying it's random, but what if they are rewarding the people who have their 3 past purchases, plus a shed load of other tickets bought in the past from TM??? I mean, I have a gnikcuf gargantuan amount of tickets bought from them in the past, what with me and my kids all going to events.

(I received a code).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Luck of the draw is not the same thing as loyalty, is it?

here is what the email says:
    Three or More Picnics Loyalty Offer
    Electric Picnic returns to Stradbally Co. Laois from Friday 4 – Sunday 6 September 2020.

In recognition of the fantastic support and the wonderful times that Electric Picnic and its followers have had together we'd like to reward our longstanding fans with a Loyalty Discount between Saturday 7 September at 09:00 and Sunday 29 September at midnight.

You are receiving this email because we have a record that you purchased 3 or more previous Electric Picnics and are eligible to get your Weekend Camping tickets at an incredible price of E170 until Sunday 29 September.

To purchase your tickets at this amazing price please click Find Tickets at 09:00 on Saturday 7 September and enter the code provided below on the Weekend Camping, Weekend Family or Instalments event to pick up your tickets.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Tickets for this offer are limited to 2 per person, per transaction, per household, per credit card. Bookings over the limit will be cancelled. Weekend Camping Tickets at the standard Presale price have a ticket limit of 4.

Please note that tickets are subject to availability. The loyalty scheme (and use of discount codes) will end at midnight on Sunday 29 September, or in the event of a sell-out of the allocation, whichever comes first. A discount code or request for a discount code does not guarantee a ticket purchase and tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis. The number of available discounted tickets are limited and receipt of a discount code does not guarantee a purchase of a ticket(s). Tickets may sell out before the stated deadlines. The use of discount codes will end once the loyalty tickets have sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭fourmations

i got my 3 picnics code, didnt know it was a ballot! thats fcked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

Emailed TM but if its a lottery i’l get nowhere.

Any spare codes, would be very welcome !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement