Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019/2020 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Potter confirms Aaron Connolly "should" be ready for the weekend. "He's trained this week," following his recovery from a dead leg. "We have no other problems from Monday, and of course, Dale Stephens back [from suspension] too." Only March and Jose Izquierdo ruled out. #BHAFC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks like Fabianski is back for West Ham, should be available for the Palace game on Stephens Day

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1208015163590422529

Captaincy back on Jiminez now

Poor auld Norwich have been cursed with injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bad flooding in Brighton apparently, probably won't affect the game but I might stay away from buying any more players from either team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bad flooding in Brighton apparently, probably won't affect the game but I might stay away from buying any more players from either team.
    I’ve 3 in that game nightmare scenario if it was called off with Dendoncker my only sub who might play

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rico suspended for next game for reaching yellow card limit

Raging. Home to Arsenal. Guaranteed clean sheet missed out on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Rikand wrote: »
    Rico suspended for next game for reaching yellow card limit

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place altogether if Cook is back from injury with Francis shifting over to lb.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place altogether if Cook is back from injury with Francis shifting over to lb.

Howe was only praising him the other day so don't see him losing his place any time soon.

Howe was only praising him the other day so don't see him losing his place any time soon.

Perhaps he won't lose his place but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

• Advertisement

Perhaps he won't lose his place but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

How come? Has he been poor recently? I haven't watched them play for a while.

How come? Has he been poor recently? I haven't watched them play for a while.

He isn't a great defender anyway, Francis is better and Bournemouth need to tighten up at the back. Francis was aheadof Rico last season but has been injured for a lot of this, he is currently playing CB as both Cook and Ake are injured. If Cook comes back soon he will go straight in a CB. Like I said, I just wouldn't be surprised if Rico lost his place to Francis.

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1209093338864984064

Zaha points incoming
    Might even captain him .......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Zaha points incoming Might even captain him .......

Triple Captain Benteke. It's destiny.

Triple Captain Benteke. It's destiny.

It’s was my most magical night in FF when I had him captained in a DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Spurs are appealing Sons red card.

Can’t see it being overturned - but might be worth holding the transfer for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Benimar wrote: »
    Spurs are appealing Sons red card.

Can’t see it being overturned - but might be worth holding the transfer for the moment.

Literally the only way I could be more pissed off about captaining Son is if he somehow had it overturned after I already used my FT to get him out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Well unless the appeal's heard tomorrow, he plays Brighton on Thursday right?

Markx wrote: »
    Well unless the appeal's heard tomorrow, he plays Brighton on Thursday right?

Appeal will be heard before Brighton game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He isn't a great defender anyway, Francis is better and Bournemouth need to tighten up at the back. Francis was aheadof Rico last season but has been injured for a lot of this, he is currently playing CB as both Cook and Ake are injured. If Cook comes back soon he will go straight in a CB. Like I said, I just wouldn't be surprised if Rico lost his place to Francis.

Francis is a pretty awful defender. I'm surprised he's still playing at this level

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭siblers

COH wrote: »
    Literally the only way I could be more pissed off about captaining Son is if he somehow had it overturned after I already used my FT to get him out again!

I transferred him out yesterday to avoid price drop, didn't even consider the appeal. Hopefully it won't be overturned for my own sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    I transferred him out yesterday to avoid price drop, didn't even consider the appeal. Hopefully it won't be overturned for my own sanity

Having seen replays, I can’t see how it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

CSF wrote: »
    Having seen replays, I can’t see how it would be.

Could even be extended to 4 ?

If they do appeal I hope/reckon it’ll be increased to a 4 game ban to deter other frivolous appeals.

If they do appeal I hope/reckon it’ll be increased to a 4 game ban to deter other frivolous appeals.

I can’t understand the basis of any appeal tbh

Didn't he get the red against Everton overturned despite the severity of the injury caused. Nothing would surprise me with the FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

In this case, he has blatantly kicked out at the lad. He probably would have avoided a retrospective red in previous years. But with VAR having spotted it he has no case to get it rescinded.

Didn't he get the red against Everton overturned despite the severity of the injury caused. Nothing would surprise me with the FA.

Severity of an injury has nothing to do with it. The Everton one wasn’t a red card challenge. The one against Chelsea is by the current letter of the law, so hard to see it being overturned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    In this case, he has blatantly kicked out at the lad. He probably would have avoided a retrospective red in previous years. But with VAR having spotted it he has no case to get it rescinded.

They couldn’t over turn it, it’s already been reviewed by VAR, they’d effectively be saying the VAR lads who looked at it don’t have a clue

Advertisement