Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019/2020 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,894 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    They couldn’t over turn it, it’s already been reviewed by VAR, they’d effectively be saying the VAR lads who looked at it don’t have a clue

That’s what they did with the Son red card against Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

CSF wrote: »

It was clear enough that day that Son had no malicious intent in that challenge. Ref gave him yellow but changed his mind based on the severity of the injury.

On the other hand hopefully more clubs will challenge some VAR decisions as some are ridiculous.

Think it was Brian Kerr saying that Mourinho wants Spurs to be more physical in challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »

No it’s not, VAR didn’t make tHt decision

• Registered Users Posts: 32,894 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    No it’s not, VAR didn’t make tHt decision

Correct but VAR reviewed it and saw no error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

It was clear enough that day that Son had no malicious intent in that challenge. Ref gave him yellow but changed his mind based on the severity of the injury.

On the other hand hopefully more clubs will challenge some VAR decisions as some are ridiculous.

Think it was Brian Kerr saying that Mourinho wants Spurs to be more physical in challenges.

It was clear enough son had absolutely no intention of playing the ball
    He only wanted to play the man
    That’s malicious Intent
    It was dangerous play and while he could have gotten a yellow I felt he also couldn’t complain too much about a red either

What got me was the after math . Gomes has a broken ankle but somehow son got all the sympathy as he “is not that type of player “
    And here we are again
    And again he appealed

Bit of a pattern emerging

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

km79 wrote: »
    It was clear enough son had absolutely no intention of playing the ball
    He only wanted to play the man
    That’s malicious Intent
    It was dangerous play and while he could have gotten a yellow I felt he also couldn’t complain too much about a red either

What got me was the after math . Gomes has a broken ankle but somehow son got all the sympathy as he “is not that type of player “
    And here we are again
    And again he appealed

Bit of a pattern emerging

There's a big difference between playing the man and maliciously trying to injure him. I agree with you on the he's not that kind of player argument, I think he trades on it. No more mister nice guy Son.

For me though a lot of defensive players nowadays don't have the defensive instincts to play the man, to foul him, to gain an advantage. Mourinho needs to improve Spurs poor defensive record. He needs players to stop being polite, trying to play football at times when they don't need to and not to hesitate to foul a player if it means they win. Same goes for Ancelotti and Arteta. Entertaining football is overrated if you don't get results.

Seen a video of Dele Alli after the game yday where he held his groin the whole way down the tunnel
    Did a twitter search

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1210569810632957953

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1210569812147134464

Yellow flagged now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If he's gonna miss 2 games all season, I'd take my 4m defender to miss Man City and Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If he's gonna miss 2 games all season, I'd take my 4m defender to miss Man City and Liverpool.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways

Pogba owners look away now
    Also what were ye thinking

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1212034637079429120

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

km79 wrote: »
    Pogba owners look away now

Anyone still owning Pogba has been looking away for a long time.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Anyone still owning Pogba has been looking away for a long time.

People got excited after he nearly assisted on his comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Has Kabesele's red been overturned already? Showing as available to play next week today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Has Kabesele's red been overturned already? Showing as available to play next week today

FA Cup suspension.

dsmythy wrote: »
    FA Cup suspension.

Not 3 games for a straight red?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not 3 games for a straight red?

Has to be violent conduct

• Registered Users Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dinnery tweeted there that Wesley is out for 6-9 months with a cruciate rupture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Dinnery tweeted there that Wesley is out for 6-9 months with a cruciate rupture

Could that mean Kienan Davis (4.3 oop mid) starting up front? I stuck him in as an enabler in my WC the other day, hopefully he gets plenty of gametime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Could that mean Kienan Davis (4.3 oop mid) starting up front? I stuck him in as an enabler in my WC the other day, hopefully he gets plenty of gametime now.

Nah I reckon they’ll want an experienced player up front to provide the goals in a relegation battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

Bring Gabby Agbonlahor out of retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Terry using his Chelsea connections to get Batshuai on loan would be my bet

dsmythy wrote:
    FA Cup suspension.

Showing as missing the next league game now, appeal seems to have failed leading to an extra game being added to the suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Showing as missing the next league game now, appeal seems to have failed leading to an extra game being added to the suspension

Seems it was already a two match ban before the appeal. Stays two matches after. Dissent can get you a two match ban for a red. Maybe his reaction to it being handed out by VAR caused the two match ban. I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Terry using his Chelsea connections to get Batshuai on loan would be my bet
    More likely Giroud actually I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Apparently Batman is on circa 90k a week and last year wanted 160k a week to go on loan. Giroud might be a more reasonable bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Heaton out for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Colking wrote: »
    Apparently Batman is on circa 90k a week and last year wanted 160k a week to go on loan. Giroud might be a more reasonable bet.

He's more likely off to West Ham.

I also brought in Davis on my WC, hopefully he can stay injury free. He would be gold as a 4.3m mid playing as a striker

Advertisement