Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v New Zealand match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ANY SPARE TICKETS THERE

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

I'm a little worried about this one. All the hype in the build up saying Ireland can win I fear is going to help bring out the best in the All Blacks.....

That said, normally when I have a bad feeling about a game they go and prove me wrong!

Come on Ireland!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

awec wrote: »
    Enough of this lamenting of players who are injured.

The team we have out today is good enough to win.

Ireland by a score.

I don’t think so but hopefully I’m wrong

Big crowd outside the Shelbourne right now!

Excitement building...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Most certainly the pressure is on the ABs. They may well be able to bear it, but it is a situation they are not used to, normally going into games an a clear league above the rest, and weight only by the volume of superlatives being used about them.

They are still no doubt - they are the best. But are the most beatable ABs for some time. And beatable by 4 or 5 teams potentially.

Having said that, am really worried about Ireland defence holding together, and them winning by 30 points would now surprise me. Irish pack needs to, and possibly could, have they edge over theirs, and stifle quality ball. The more the game is dull, limited, forwards pick and go dominated, the more Ireland simply kicks as far down the field as they can with a bit of luck in the contestible recoveries, and the more time they can waste with scrums rests, messing, ref queries, etc, they higher Ireland chances.

When was the last time Ireland lost by 30 plus points never mind at home. Unless there is a red card or something that won’t be happening. This All Black team score but also concede a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Who came into the replacements for VDF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Who came into the replacements for VDF?

Nordi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

ANY SPARE TICKETS THERE

HATS SCARVES BADGES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Zzippy wrote: »
    Pressure is for tyres! ;)

And pregnant women's bra straps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Big crowd outside the Shelbourne right now!

Excitement building...

My mate is in the ground since 4 o clock :P:P:P:P

• Advertisement

HATS SCARVES BADGES

JUH AV ANY SPARES OR WHA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭sojustrutz

Betting thread seems dead and time is of the essence. Anyone got a tip for the match around 3/1 that would entail a favourable Ireland result.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Is there no C4 HD on sky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

sojustrutz wrote: »
    Betting thread seems dead and time is of the essence. Anyone got a tip for the match around 3/1 that would entail a favourable Ireland result.

Ireland + 6.5 points and over 45.5 total points at 11-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Another miserable evening in eastern europe hunting for reliable streams. The end of Geoblocking cant come soon enough

Hansen passing pieces of paper to Joe?

Illuminati confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Illuminati confirmed.

Was going to ask what was that all about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Illuminati confirmed.

That’s the all blacks coaching job application form......

Gonad wrote: »
    Was going to ask what was that all about ?

The location to where the cash is buried. #CrookedAllBlacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

My stomach is in knots.

I can only imagine what the players are like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Just watching RTE news.Is it the World Cup Final with all the over the top hype ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lost count of the 'NZ will be looking to get us back for Chicago' comments..

Sure they 'got us back' two weeks after Chicago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

My great decision today was to take the power lead of the tv box out and put it in the car so my daughter had no wifi (I'm a prick)....now I'm out for dinner and the car is outside....with the lead in the boot. FML

Where's the ****ing hype on here??? Where's the pashun?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

This is bizarre. I’m pumped up to feck, but I’m also left minding the 10 month old on my own after the wife got a last minute ticket. So I’ve to keep myself in check. If we win this I’ve no idea how I won’t frighten the s**te out of her with my reactions. I’m going to have to put her to bed at half time. No idea how I’m going to be able to tear myself away from the game in order to do that. Even at half time.

COME ON TO F*********CK!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

GRRRRRRRRRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Its all being absorbed, Rogue-like, by POM at the moment, ready for him to unleash the entire hype and pashun of a nation all by himself.
    Needles are flickering in the offices of the various world authorities monitoring seismic activity, nuclear energy bursts, and the mysterious energy of death-stare rays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

molloyjh wrote: »
    This is bizarre. I’m pumped up to feck, but I’m also left minding the 10 month old on my own after the wife got a last minute ticket. So I’ve to keep myself in check. If we win this I’ve no idea how I won’t frighten the s**te out of her with my reactions. I’m going to have to put her to bed at half time. No idea how I’m going to be able to tear myself away from the game in order to do that. Even at half time.

COME ON TO F*********CK!!!!!!

Live pause, and turn off your phone. Sorted. (For bedtime, your pumpedness, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Like seeing Ringrose talking like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I hope that fate is good for us to let Ireland win today. I don't know if the performances for our team last week should give us some idea about what way Ireland will play. But if Ireland throw out that style of play against a team like the ABs; we could see a vastly different Ireland team who are ferociously gearing up for a big win against them which may throw the ABs off the rails without asking for it. Either way; I do hope that this game will be a classic in more ways than one.

Come on Ireland!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement