Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-11-2011, 16:45   #61
GO_Bear

I am currently mostly solo queuing cause one of lads I gave a key too, his computer is quite old so he gets 15 fps in team fights so he still plays mostly hon and the other is a newish LoL player who I don't think enjoys the difficulty ( when I got in first with them there were few "new" players and most were "quite" seasoned )

My problem is I don't like playing hard carries, I hate ricing, I prefer semi carries, or team orientated heroes like Slardar, Razor, Tide or Sandking.

I have been trying to mid more, as my ongoing endeavor in HoN to get my MMR up has though me that the only way to do it is to dominate mid so hard that even if both lanes fail you can still pull it back, just difficult when a ruskie insta picks Tinker and proceeds to buy phase boots or something stupid like that.
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 17:04   #62
KaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev_o View Post
Yup combination of 5's and 3's and on average they'v lasted 40 minutes each and all of them it's been clear who's going to win by at least 25 minutes.
Hmm strange I play with a few decent players who will always emphasise a strat while playing over vent as annoying as it is to hear but it works. No going off to farm after genociding the other team push as far as possible. About 90% of my loses so far would be when I play solo! I'm average myself(around 1750 in hon) so can be annoying with the skill difference I'm flung into during inhouses etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_Bear View Post
I am currently mostly solo queuing cause one of lads I gave a key too, his computer is quite old so he gets 15 fps in team fights so he still plays mostly hon and the other is a newish LoL player who I don't think enjoys the difficulty ( when I got in first with them there were few "new" players and most were "quite" seasoned )

My problem is I don't like playing hard carries, I hate ricing, I prefer semi carries, or team orientated heroes like Slardar, Razor, Tide or Sandking.

I have been trying to mid more, as my ongoing endeavor in HoN to get my MMR up has though me that the only way to do it is to dominate mid so hard that even if both lanes fail you can still pull it back, just difficult when a ruskie insta picks Tinker and proceeds to buy phase boots or something stupid like that.
I'm a similar player, I like to play initiators or gankers. My best heroes would be Sank King or Earth Shaker but in both games DOTA & HON they can not swing a game in your favour no matter how well you play if you have a team full of spastics. The minute I see ||||||||||||||||||| in text I want to throw my monitor out the ****ing window.

There is a few of us that play on my vent so if you're looking for a place to come on to play a few games with five drop me a PM & I'll send you the vent ip & my Steam ID.
22-11-2011, 17:15   #63
Hercule

I am really not impressed with Dota2 so far - as a HoN player it just feels sluggish (not sure if this is just poor performance or the intentional speed of the game -aside from the originality and a few nice features HoN is still a superior game for me (at the moment)

Graphically or more specifically "presentation" wise the game reminds me more of LoL then HoN (thats a bad thing for me) - When heroes cast spells it just turns into a mish-mash of colour and effects - In HoN skills are clearly defined - its easy to see whats doing what damage and accordingly the game is more enjoyable/tactical - there is a strong emphasis on positioning as things move so quickly - its hard to tell whether you are in or out of damage range in Dota2 - to someone who doesn't know the heroes in detail its impossible to watch

The UI needs a lot of work (it IS beta so thats fair enough) - I am used to having certain information available to me without having to click open a drop-down menu etc.
22-11-2011, 17:30   #64
Stev_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
I am really not impressed with Dota2 so far - as a HoN player it just feels sluggish (not sure if this is just poor performance or the intentional speed of the game -aside from the originality and a few nice features HoN is still a superior game for me (at the moment)

Graphically or more specifically "presentation" wise the game reminds me more of LoL then HoN (thats a bad thing for me) - When heroes cast spells it just turns into a mish-mash of colour and effects - In HoN skills are clearly defined - its easy to see whats doing what damage and accordingly the game is more enjoyable/tactical - there is a strong emphasis on positioning as things move so quickly - its hard to tell whether you are in or out of damage range in Dota2 - to someone who doesn't know the heroes in detail its impossible to watch

The UI needs a lot of work (it IS beta so thats fair enough) - I am used to having certain information available to me without having to click open a drop-down menu etc.

Im the other way around, HoN's presentation always but me off it.
22-11-2011, 19:53   #65
Dreddybajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev_o View Post
Yup combination of 5's and 3's and on average they'v lasted 40 minutes each and all of them it's been clear who's going to win by at least 25 minutes.
imo it's too easy to fall into this attitude. Dota games are rarely decided at 25 minutes, but that's when people start to give up and then the game really is over because a few players on the team that's behind have given up already.
Advertisement
23-11-2011, 11:14   #66
GO_Bear

The twenty five minute mark is when Magina has just gotten his battlefury 6 towers down, 20 kills lagging, but if you stacked those camps for him and hold old till he gets manta/bkb/basher/whatever ! Chances are you will win :3
Thanks from:
23-11-2011, 22:20   #67
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

I am in! as are several of my friends! will add you go bear and whoever else wants some games.
23-11-2011, 22:23   #68
GO_Bear

I don't have a headset at the moment, must pick one up this weekend, broke my last one....

any recommendations for a good one in the Dublin city centre area ? I tried maplains but they suck .

Want to get it sorted for playing with a team ! Although probably good I didn't have it so far as the russians would get a peice of my mind ;o
23-11-2011, 22:25   #69
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

personally wouldnt get a headset in a shop, so wouldnt know. best bet is online and have it in a few days!

here is a guide a friend here on boards wrote.
http://www.vanillatf2.org/2011/07/gu...ld-headphones/
i have the JVC HA-RX700s there, very nice for that price

just added you but im not the one on my account now so wont be replying if you said anything.
Advertisement
23-11-2011, 22:26   #70
KaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
I am in! as are several of my friends! will add you go bear and whoever else wants some games.
I'll play a few tomorrow or over the weekend! Avoid playing by yourself starting off!
23-11-2011, 22:33   #71
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

ah yeah i had access to the game on another acc but just cba playing without some e-pals. Now that a good few people have them I'll start to play and be my usual bad self.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TarAldarion/
if anybody wants a game! Have a mumble we can use etc.
23-11-2011, 22:39   #72
GO_Bear

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998912472/

Mine,
23-11-2011, 22:52   #73
KaG

Added both, I won't have time tonight but should be about tomorrow or over the weekend for some SK ownage!
24-11-2011, 12:14   #74
GO_Bear

I find only rage comics can express what I feel

(2) thanks from:
24-11-2011, 12:18   #75
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
There's now a DOTA 2 channel on the boards.ie Teamspeak server.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion