Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Christmas Crackers - 12 days offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Where do these offers be located in store ? they were probably all gone by the time i got there anyway

Generally just inside the front door!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Where do these offers be located in store ? they were probably all gone by the time i got there anyway

3rd aisle over down the very back in mine

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

There will be queues before 8am in a lot of the stores, gone by 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Generally just inside the front door!

Most shops seem to have moved the specials further in store, the crisps were mid way on the 3rd aisle in two shops we visited (not for crisps btw).

bladespin wrote: »
    Most shops seem to have moved the specials further in store, the crisps were mid way on the 3rd aisle in two shops we visited (not for crisps btw).

The 2 I visited had them in 1 upstairs, outside their front doors by security and in the other, just inside the door beside the Veg on offer.

• Advertisement

septictank wrote: »
    The 2 I visited had them in 1 upstairs, outside their front doors by security and in the other, just inside the door beside the Veg on offer.
    None of ours have stairs!

bladespin wrote: »
    None of ours have stairs!

Lot of the newer ones have covered carparks and for security, so there's an escalator inside the front doors to bring you up to the shop entrance.
    There is often a display area outside these doors where they have the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

vicwatson wrote: »
    Afternoon tea and choc Kimberley - €4.99 tomorrow 20th

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/christmas-crackers/c1027

My favorite

My favorite

Best of luck, if they're gone I saw a Centra add with then for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 85,031 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was able to get the Milk Tray today for 2.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭kingshankly

There will be queues before 8am in a lot of the stores, gone by 10am.

People seriously queue to save a €3/4 on a tin of biscuits that they are probably only buying cause there cheap��then take in to account probably driving in for this specific item hardly money saved at all

People seriously queue to save a €3/4 on a tin of biscuits that they are probably only buying cause there cheap��then take in to account probably driving in for this specific item hardly money saved at all

Yeah, 1 of the stores I use is not in an industrial estate, it's in the middle of a street which has large footfall.
    There's a lot of "New Irish" that often queue with friends and family members early to get in at 8am for these offers.
    When we had the dirty water issue a while back, a member of staff told me 8.30am was the latest to come looking for stock, there were queue's from 7.30 for water.
    They could also sell tomorrows stuff on for profit on a stall.
    Myself and herself will drop in tomorrow at 8am as we are passing, and get 4 for presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

They will literally rip the roof off with a digger for a few loaves of bread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Afternoon tea and choc Kimberley - €4.99 tomorrow 20th

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/christmas-crackers/c1027

FFS! I haven't seen Afternoon Tea on special anywhere this year, so i bought USA Assorted ("normally €9.99"- right) at €8 in Tesco, and 3 more today in ALDI for €5.99, and now the ones I really wanted turn up at €4.99! Sadly it's 30 minutes drive in any direction (literally - NSEW) to a LIDL so I'll stay in the scratcher tomorrow I think.

LIDL really making the running this year - Dunnes very quiet on offers, and TESCO and ALDI offers are pretty tame. Even the BOGOF Prosecco - I think it's the same one that's only £4.99 in UK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    FFS! I haven't seen Afternoon Tea on special anywhere this year, so i bought USA Assorted ("normally €9.99"- right) at €8 in Tesco, and 3 more today in ALDI for €5.99, and now the ones I really wanted turn up at €4.99! Sadly it's 30 minutes drive in any direction (literally - NSEW) to a LIDL so I'll stay in the scratcher tomorrow I think.

LIDL really making the running this year - Dunnes very quiet on offers, and TESCO and ALDI offers are pretty tame. Even the BOGOF Prosecco - I think it's the same one that's only £4.99 in UK anyway.

The boom is back baby..and they know it,that's why theres eff all offers on anything except booze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Saturday 21st is Prosecco case deal 6 bottles for the price of 4 €7.99, 1 case per transaction.

When did it go up to 14% alcohol?

That's a misprint, 10.5% I think.

I'll still be getting some if any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Have these offers been available? Like would you get them biscuits at 10am today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you will in lidl fortunstown, but id estimate they will be gone by lunch.

everyone leaving the shop had the max 2 tins of biscuits

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Yeah, 1 of the stores I use is not in an industrial estate, it's in the middle of a street which has large footfall.
    There's a lot of "New Irish" that often queue with friends and family members early to get in at 8am for these offers.
    When we had the dirty water issue a while back, a member of staff told me 8.30am was the latest to come looking for stock, there were queue's from 7.30 for water.
    They could also sell tomorrows stuff on for profit on a stall.
    Myself and herself will drop in tomorrow at 8am as we are passing, and get 4 for presents.

"New Irish"? Is that code for something else? Can you only look for "bargains" if you're old Irish?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

All the biscuits were gone in the lidl beside me by 8.20 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

All the biscuits were gone in the lidl beside me by 8.20 this morning.

Same.

People queuing outside apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

8.06 in lidl near me.

One guy had a trolley with 8 tins in it, doing laps of the store.

must have been waiting for back up to get through the tills

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I’ve been going in every day after I drop off the kids at 9.30. This morning was the first time one of the deals had sold out before I got there - the chocolate Kimberley tins. There were still about 20 tins of the biscuits left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

amber2 wrote: »
    Saturday 21st is Prosecco case deal 6 bottles for the price of 4 €7.99, 1 case per transaction.

Is this 6 bottles for €8 or 6 bottles for €32?

Aldi are doing buy 1 get 1 free today which is €8.99 for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'd say my local would have been out of them all before 9am. I was there at 8:30 and everyone had two Kimberly's and many also had two afternoon tea, at least half the stand was gone by the time I got there. They were enforcing the 2 limit thought, a lady in front of me had four Kimberly and was told the other two would be full price if she wanted them. So she decided to hold up the entire queue to go to the back of the shop to get two afternoon tea.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

steves2 wrote: »
    "New Irish"? Is that code for something else? Can you only look for "bargains" if you're old Irish?!

I know this particular extended family. They live locally and are often in this lidl store for the special offers. They have a stall in Fairyhouse market, selling mainly cleaning products, food stuff and under the counter fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I'd say my local would have been out of them all before 9am. I was there at 8:30 and everyone had two Kimberly's and many also had two afternoon tea, at least half the stand was gone by the time I got there. They were enforcing the 2 limit thought, a lady in front of me had four Kimberly and was told the other two would be full price if she wanted them. So she decided to hold up the entire queue to go to the back of the shop to get two afternoon tea.
    I tried to get two of each but I was told on the till I could only have two total.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

All gone in a flash today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Obviously not such bargain hunters in Ranelagh, still a good few left when I just popped in

Advertisement