Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I was reading some of the earlier advice in this thread and there was a lot of praise of this product for instant relief from ring sting and barse burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why would you want to minimise flatulence?

Fart Proudly

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arthur Fent

Maybe not...

Post edited by Arthur Fent on

In the audience at the final frame of the snooker world championship. In a car with irritable children. Making small talk with your mother-in-law as she boils the colour out of the sprouts. Lots of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I presume this is for “external” use only. Sometimes and I’m sure we have all been there but it’s a bit of an elephant in the room but sometimes you need to breach the balloon knot with a “first knuckle” of sudo for relief from the auld arse itch… a bit like watering a marigold and petunia hanging basket you’ve to let it soak in… just a thought but seeing as Rennies are for heart burn could they be powdered up for arse burn? Just brainstorming here. I’m sure the good folk of this thread will understand with Christmas nigh, people should consider I guess “alternative medicines” in their quest for comfort, and who are we to judge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’d recommend some Ivomec pour on if you have an itch internally on muzzle.

Might have some sort of tape worm.

Was talking to a kiwi the other day, he was telling how he went on a stag do and they had random suggestion cards as some are inclined to do.

He drew the card for colonic irrigation. Said it was the strangest most shameful thing he has ever done. When the nurse pulls the pipe out there’s a worm hanging out of the nozzle. Dirty git must have picked it up off the sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 34,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

In a car with irritable children is when your best work is required.

I now know dads in fact draw their energy from laughing at their children’s non-life-threatening discomfort. You can witness this any time a male relative rips a fart and giggles as other members of the family in the vicinity gasp and cry out in horror at a smell so bad it could constitute a war crime.

The advent of electric windows, the kind the driver could put up and lock, was not a technological advance welcomed in our family. One of my dad’s mates was truly an innovator in this field. He would innocently ask the car, “Does anyone smell petrol?” causing the passengers to inhale panicked lungfuls of air. Air that was filled with the flatulence dropped strategically seconds before. We should have called child services looking back.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

The old Yuletide Log can be a highlight of any year tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Saw this on twitter and thought the gone patrons of this thread would appreciate

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well Gentlemen, and Ladies if you are here.

It's that time of the year again; to blow the dust off the old Telex machine, warm up the valves and draft a message to Ringsend and give them the 30 minute warning for the first onslaught, from those that opt for the early Christmas Lunch.

The poor wretches that drew Christmas night duty, for being tardy once too often during the year, are about to pay their dues.

May God have mercy on their souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A lot of the regulars in this thread are probably starting to wake up about how. Good scratch of the cluster, a quick check to see there was no leakage overnight, then into the shïtter to make room for the dinner.

Visual inspection of the boxers to see if they are ok for another day, liberal spray of Lidl antiperspirant, then off down to the pub for an afternoon of slurping back pints and backing complete no hopers in Limerick and Wetherby.

Disgusting animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Visits today

7.00, 8.00, 10.00, 11.30

Heavy food day yesterday. Triple helping of sprouts.

On a Mexican diet atm. Yesterday’s main was chicken fajitas, pork in blueberry sauce with chilli, pork in orange sauce, meatballs in achiote sauce with chilli, chicken in chocolate sauce, refried beans, beans with chilli, and a nice fiery sautéed green chilli. Started was beef belly soup with chilli. Dessert cakes with fruit topping.

As I am re-plumbed and don’t have h0le plumping so to speak, not a bother on me today, not a single issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭You the man

Impressively 'meaty' consumption. Particularly dense and like a lead weight I'd imagine..

The works were never so good on all that. There’s tons of other options, veggie stuff, some vegan stuff. After that consumption the output from ileostomy (no colon to give the fermentation process) has the pleasant aroma of fruit with distinct overtones of blueberry.

Re the facilities here in Mexico, super clean, as if nobody had ever used them, and a gentle swirling flush action that’s entirely effective at getting rid of evidence of a previous visitor. Some flushes foot operated. Always a lady who inspects & cleans the trap after you. I noticed same re flush action in Malaysia etc, flushes that actually flush. European/Irish/Brit jax make a lot of water noise and action without always fully wiping the canvas clean for another painting, so to speak.

Over at the mother-in-law’s for her infamous ham and turkey pie. I’d rather eat a pair of old slippers to be honest, but getting nicely pissed here so my senses are numbed come dinner time.

My brother-in-law is a serious unit, talking 20 stone, 20 pints, 20 cheeseburgers sort. Anyway he had a head on him like a boiled shïte when he arrived at the door.

He hauled himself up off the couch about 20 minutes after arriving and headed into the jacks under the stairs. We were all in the living room having canapés etc when the grunting started. Then the farting. Then the noise that sounds like a box of old shoes being thrown out of an attic. Then the crop duster. Then a few more farts and some sighing. Then about a 10 minutes of hearing the toilet paper holder squeaking every minute or so.

Then the whiff started to move downwind. Absolutely fetid. Hot and moist and clinging. We all had to abandon the living room and head out to the porch.

He was pulled aside by his mother and 3 very irate sisters and is currently getting a no jury trial in the kitchen. Poor bastard.

Know the feeling Bobby…. Very proud of myself over Xmas during visits to ‘loved ones’ .

Plenty of sprouts and stuff ..however dropped a load like a slipper of ham in the downstairs.

Sluiced out like a four man bob,, held her shape and lodged in U nice and snug.

Fcuker looked so well I left her there undisturbed but later saw the females in ‘conclave’ as to who blew that big boy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Hope my fellow pillars of society and community are enjoying the festivities and not being held back with the balloon knot ruining Christmas. All is good on my end, did have to “knuckle up” some sudo one time but nothing serious at all just a touch of a dry cough and was afraid incase an over the counter cough bottle “made it drowsy”. Been a good Christmas really, although was in an upmarket drinking emporium recently and one of the lads dropped a silent killer. ‘‘Twas so bad I’d say chuck Norris would even wince at it…” filthy kernt denied and tried to go along with the complaints around him but I noticed out of the corner of my eye him doing a bit of an on the spot fox trot like you’d see on dancing with the stars (I’d say he was afraid incase he cha cha cha’tted himself), probably to get the waft out of his Penney khaki chinos the rotten kernt. Smelled like Cabbage that had been boiled two weeks ago and forgotten about, and that sharp stench you get when you lift the lid… I hope he stayed away from the sprouts or the khaki chinos will be no more…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

.…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Baba Yaga

oh yes,the Stevens Day dump...had the usual Christmas Day of turkey,ham,spuds of all different types,carrots,peas,sprouts etc,deserts of trifle,tiramisu,cheesecake,was fit to burst,had to unbutton the trousers and have a power snooze on the couch,by all accounts from the mrs,sister,brother in law and my mother the farts were loud and im told i cleared the sitting room at one stage....anyway on to Stevens Day morning,got up,made the usual pot of Italian coffee and a pan of warm milk,hitting the spot nicely...got the stirring and a good twinge in the bomb bay area,time to hit the crapper,settled in with a book in case it was a long sitting(Jack Reacher in case anyone is curious)a long,soulfull fart,like one of those trumpet players hitting a high note,then the push,fcuk me i felt like i was giving birth to the whole feckin turkey and the ham!!! starting to sweat a bit but that final push,must rate high on the pleasure scale! surprisingly not a lot of paper work for the size of the round,took several flushes to clear it but job well done,the mother was waiting to use the facility but had to tell her to give it a good 20minutes to clear the air....

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Sweet Jasus ..’’that post was like my recent dump…. dense solid load,marbled at the ridges and dropped like a stone.

Fokking hoop was twitching for an hour after the event.

Got one of those Guinness Nitrosurge yokes, so said I'd try it out this evening with a 10 pack. Don't know if it was it, or having to watch Callan Kicks with my parents, but I'm just after firing out a messy load of pitch black shíte. You could set an atomic clock to how regular I am with my morning abulation, so having to visit the small room at 11PM is very disconcerting.

Very messy business altogether. I was going to "leave a note in the guestbook" but the mother really wouldn't appreciate that so had to do some brushwork.

The pints are nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’m sure there’s a fair few lads here with a hairy arsecrack. How do you clean the hole?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Shove it deep in there and swirl it around the orifice. Multiple applications until you get the all clear.

Make sure never to draw the paper up the crack, you'll get a smear that'll dry in and then you'll have to deep clean in the shower.

good advice space, disturbed a nest of winnitts in the shower this am and had trouble toeing them down the drain.

Fcukkers were like a shake of dead flies out of the curtains in early Spring.

They say a careful application of the hairdryer helps but would not agree as it tends to worsen the issue.

End up with a hoop like a Ginger Nut biscuit coated in Nutella...nah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m really enjoying my recent sit downs .A good sign I’m over my stomach bug . Good strong heavy lads that splash when they hit the water and dive like a U-boat . Happy days .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ah yes, when the splash is more like a fun day out at Clara Lara, rather than the box of old shoes tipping over, you know all is right with the World.

Poseidon's Kiss is always a risk though. Deeply unpleasant experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Advertisement