Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Not a bad house at all. I'd happily live in it. Aside from the 10,000 cows who died in the furnishing of that house it's quite nice. I'm guessing the owner is/was a butcher seeing as there are piles of cow hides and a butcher's block table in the kitchen.

How the hell do they not break their necks falling over those hideous cow hides though. They must also have a forrest because firewood is piled up everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Those cowhide cubes just scream "Gateway Computers" :pac:

id371kkpsiy01.jpg

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

flazio wrote: »
    Not the worst garage conversion I've seen but I sure hope the landlord plans to put some curtains on the front window.
    https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/11-Sycamore-Drive-Highfield-Park-Rahoon-Galway-City-Co-Galway/4570996/

I walk past that house most days. Will keep a look out for curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Grayson wrote: »
    I can't view that without the cookie popup repeatedly appearing.

So I googled the address and found this.
    https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/house-101-saint-maelruans-park-tallaght-dublin-24/3194088

the house in front is up for rent too.

The rent on the main house is 2500, so that's 4k they're making from the whole property.
    2.5k is mad rent for that location, but I'd have to give them some kudos on the layout. They've managed to make something bright and roomy from your bog standard 3-up, 2-down 1980s house.

Ugly as sin on the outside though and by jesus you'd need to see the engineer's certs after all of the walls they've removed downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Not a bad house at all. I'd happily live in it. Aside from the 10,000 cows who died in the furnishing of that house it's quite nice. I'm guessing the owner is/was a butcher seeing as there are piles of cow hides and a butcher's block table in the kitchen.

How the hell do they not break their necks falling over those hideous cow hides though. They must also have a forrest because firewood is piled up everywhere.

So would I. After getting rid of the curved table top/chopping board, the cow stuff, and a lick of paint other than white on a few walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They all seem to be cow hide. I assume they died for the food that many of us eat, rather than specifically as furnishings.
    A few sheep gave their lives as well!

I stayed in a boutique BnB/hotel in Kerry a while back that had cowhide rugs in the room - and I absolutely loved them! I've never had the nerve to get one for my house (not sure it'd suit an Edwardian city terrace tbh) but they've always stuck in my mind. Maybe I need to buy a house to suit the furnishings I want......

Not so sure about them as chair coverings though, they're slippery as feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

seamus wrote: »
    2.5k is mad rent for that location, but I'd have to give them some kudos on the layout. They've managed to make something bright and roomy from your bog standard 3-up, 2-down 1980s house.

Ugly as sin on the outside though and by jesus you'd need to see the engineer's certs after all of the walls they've removed downstairs.

80s? Go again.

1500 a month to live in a shed in a back garden in a 1960s council estate in Tallaght.

A few years in prison couldn't be that bad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/flat-cabra-road-phibsborough-dublin-7/3193063

It's er, cosy? :rolleyes:
    It looks like it's on a landing, with the 'kitchen' partly over the stairs.

C8-F9-DFBB-2768-4-B00-BB61-C88443-DDE0-E4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You wouldn't want to sit up suddenly in the bed, but at least you could get dressed on the loo. Handy to have the wardrobes beside the toilet really, I'm surprised more don't do it ...

Where's the rest of upstairs? It's like Harry Potter, but over the stairs instead of under them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/flat-cabra-road-phibsborough-dublin-7/3193063

It's er, cosy? :rolleyes:
    It looks like it's on a landing, with the 'kitchen' partly over the stairs.

C8-F9-DFBB-2768-4-B00-BB61-C88443-DDE0-E4.jpg

Ah, FFS :eek::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

At least it meets the new "dual aspect" regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Imagine, being able to pick out your clothes for the day while you take your morning sh*t

Well, this one is special. Want your rice crispies in the morning, lean out over the stairs to open the cupboard. Likewise, heating up your lunch in the microwave also over the open stairs.

Small mercies, there's a Separate Bathroom to the rest of the "apartment". I wonder if there's even a shower.

Can this really be within regulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Where does the mystery door, partly blocked by the bed, lead to...

does it not go to the bathroom?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Where does the mystery door, partly blocked by the bed, lead to...so many questions!

does it not go to the bathroom?

AKA the walk in wardrobe.

Complete with toilet. Luxury, I tell you, luxury!

Ah jeepers though, the likes of that 'apartment' is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what could possibly go wrong with storing your clothes in a bathroom.

what could possibly go wrong with storing your clothes in a bathroom.

Nothing, who doesn't love to smell musty after brushing mould off their clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Where does the mystery door, partly blocked by the bed, lead to...so many questions!

That’s the main door into the apartment, no? Has a lock, the intercom is beside it.

• Advertisement

nibtrix wrote: »
    That’s the main door into the apartment, no? Has a lock, the intercom is beside it.

You're right! You must have to go down stairs to the loo/walk in wardrobe and hope you don't impale yourself on the 2 feet of extra handrail sticking up in the air.

How do you get to the door when it's obviously upstairs? That looks like a makeshift stairs too.

It's an enigma!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

nibtrix wrote: »

Yeah, think the toilet and wardrone are in the downstairs landing

retalivity wrote: »
    Yeah, think the toilet and wardrone are in the downstairs landing

And what kind of building is it in? A house?

Anyone in Dublin willing to go for a viewing?

Also, notice the bed... You wouldn't want to wake up in the morning forget where you were and lift your head. CONCUSSION!

Who the F redesigned this FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

hope you don't impale yourself on the 2 feet of extra handrail sticking up in the air.

I think the extra long handrail is on the wall side, ie screwed to the wall.
    How do you get to the door when it's obviously upstairs? That looks like a makeshift stairs too.

Probably the building was converted into flats and they had a small space left over on two floors, not big enough to be separate rooms/flats. So they threw in a stairs between them and called it a “studio apartment”. The main door into the apt could be any floor of the building with the bathroom a “blind” space on the floor below with no other entrance other than the stairs. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was in a basement actually.

Also, notice the bed... You wouldn't want to wake up in the morning forget where you were and lift your head. CONCUSSION!

Who the F redesigned this FFS.

Chair under a shelf just in case you manage to get out of bed unscathed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Surprised the agent isn't trying to sell it as "Canal Long Boat inspired"

Chair under a shelf just in case you manage to get out of bed unscathed too.

:D

I don't know why there's an intercom needed because I don't think the occupier will be having many visitors.

I see it also mentions, garden, patio and balcony on the ad. :D

I don't know why there's an intercom needed because I don't think the occupier will be having many visitors.

That would be the plant on the shelf. A Studio Garden. :D

• Advertisement

You could line guests up on the stairs and easily pass things down from the kitchen by leaning over the bannister or makeshift barrier.

"Line up in height order please, tallest on the bottom step."

Then when you need to go to the loo "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, John put your arms by your side until I pass, excuse me, excuse me..." Mighty craic.

Advertisement