Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

It appears to be the Common Furry Ray, and it points at the fireplace, like the opposite of a Fire Escape sign.
    Revenge for Steve Irwin!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

josip wrote: »
    Would be an ideal location for a sole trader whose business was conducted on a hourly basis at flexible times.

Indeed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Christ. The great big entrance hall and grand staircase and then the scuttery little door in the middle.

The one detail:
    ZDgwNGE0NWZiNjMwYzM0ZThjYTJiMzIxZTU4MmVhYWEmDGQav6Jt20N3vKo2dF-WaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzkvOC85ODExMjYzYmRkOTRjZmFkNWQ4ZWM5M2M2MWJlZGI3My5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

God only knows what poor animal this was or what purpose it's fur now serves.

I fear it was a cat. Gazing at the fire.... front legs cut off. Poor baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The one detail:
    ZDgwNGE0NWZiNjMwYzM0ZThjYTJiMzIxZTU4MmVhYWEmDGQav6Jt20N3vKo2dF-WaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzkvOC85ODExMjYzYmRkOTRjZmFkNWQ4ZWM5M2M2MWJlZGI3My5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

God only knows what poor animal this was or what purpose it's fur now serves.

I suppose that skin is glued to the floor, if not it's just a slip hazard on a floor like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

KevRossi wrote: »
    I suppose that skin is glued to the floor, if not it's just a slip hazard on a floor like that.

You're right, you could have a terrible fall on that animal skin. Could someone Photoshop this into it to satisfy my OCD

wet-floor-caution-sign-vector-illustration-yellow-triangle-falling-man-modern-rounded-style-isolated-81333770.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You're right, you could have a terrible fall on that animal skin. Could someone Photoshop this into it to satisfy my OCD
    [/IMG]

Here you go....

550886.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Not only that, but if it's Kangaroo, it could hop up at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Would love to see that place furnished, can only imagine how cramped it would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Would love to see that place furnished, can only imagine how cramped it would be!

I've seen apartments that have less space go for quite high rent. I'd imagine there would be someone out there willing to rent it. You couldn't live there for a very long time but for a few years it'd be grand.

I doubt whoever buys it will live in it.

Grayson wrote: »
    I doubt whoever buys it will live in it.

Absolutely, its only fit for rentals. Will be interested to see what it sells for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

josip wrote: »
    Would be an ideal location for a sole trader whose business was conducted on a hourly basis at flexible times.

It's a swizz. Pay for an hour and get two minutes :P

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

It's a swizz. Pay for an hour and get two minutes :P

Less if you decide on an "over the bannister" position and fall to an inglorious death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Irish times were shilling this place a few days ago -

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/peaceful-and-pleasant-portobello-pad-seeks-520-000-1.4539298
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/5-the-daintree-building-portobello-dublin-8/4496052

Over half a million for a 80sqm 2 bed apartment with a C2 BER rating
    €3,200 annual service charge!
    Won a sustainable energy award 16 years ago ???
    "Near the action but quiet enough to hear the birds sing on weekend mornings" - its going to different types of birds you'll hear singing on weekend mornings once the pubs/clubs round the front open back up again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Looks like it got its inspiration from Tokyo.. :D

retalivity wrote: »
    Irish times were shilling this place a few days ago -

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/peaceful-and-pleasant-portobello-pad-seeks-520-000-1.4539298
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/5-the-daintree-building-portobello-dublin-8/4496052

Over half a million for a 80sqm 2 bed apartment with a C2 BER rating
    €3,200 annual service charge!
    Won a sustainable energy award 16 years ago ???
    "Near the action but quiet enough to hear the birds sing on weekend mornings" - its going to different types of birds you'll hear singing on weekend mornings once the pubs/clubs round the front open back up again...

A good friend of mine who works in the media told me that 8/10 of these featured houses were mates of people in the paper. In fact they were pulled up on it a couple of times by management as they were ignoring obviously more interesting places to promote their buddies.

Same goes for gushing reviews of foodie places, almost always a connection there. But it's worth a fortune in free publicity.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

242df67bb5b5285bbeacc49ea7242451.jpg

And now for something completely different.... A bunker.

https://www.funda.nl/koop/oostburg/bouwgrond-41376404-tragelweg-6/

Translation of the description
    Unique building plot in Oostburg! Also watch the video:

Have you always dreamed of realizing your home in a special location? Then this is your chance! On a very spacious and wooded plot of 3,792 m2 in the middle of a residential area, there is an underground nuclear bunker, on which a house may be built!

The new house must be built on top of the bunker. The maximum content of the house may be 800 m3 and it is allowed to start a Bed and Breakfast! The realization of an outbuilding is also possible.

The bunker (20 x 20m) was built in the 1950s by the National Population Protection Organization, when the Cold War was at its peak. The bunker had enough facilities to allow approximately 50 people to stay for 2 weeks, but the bunker was never actually put into use and is still in good condition.

Layout: fixed staircase gives access to the underground floor with various rooms and rooms, one of which is furnished as a canteen, two bedrooms, shower and toilet areas, storage rooms and technical rooms.
    via google translate from Dutch to English

Free foundations, well that's good to hear.

Even in a nuclear winter the Dutch still want to cycle their bikes!

833_1440.jpg

I'd love to buy that and do something with it. Not sure I'd build a house on top, but it would make an excellent hostel, or Air Bn'B, adventure games or just a great swingers club.

From that angle, it looks like the bikes are connected to the ventilation drive shaft.
    Free Air, just keep peddling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

I'd love to buy that and do something with it. Not sure I'd build a house on top, but it would make an excellent hostel, or Air Bn'B, adventure games or just a great swingers club.

I assumed the bikes powered teh place :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I assumed the bikes powered teh place :D

not a totally crazy idea.

63f8ad8043e5a54f5c666adfba650eff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-pearse-street-dublin-2/3192495

Can be all yours for just over 1k p/m! Some people really do take the piss...

MjUyYjBkZTg4MmQ2NjlmNjkyYzYyODY3NGQxZjk1Y2FjHDiGT6pyyiDqeR7sHinzaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzgvYi84YjQ0M2U1YmQ2MmE3ZGU0ODZiZTQ1ZTQ4MGFkNmRmMy5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Ski slope makeshift table and not enough room to manoeuvre to wipe your arse FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

is there actually a bedroom or is the room with the sofa bed and the chair the bedroom?

is there actually a bedroom or is the room with the sofa bed and the chair the bedroom?

It mentions a small double bedroom but no picture. I'd imagine the bed is wedged between the walls and a picture was best omitted.

sterz wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-pearse-street-dublin-2/3192495

Can be all yours for just over 1k p/m! Some people really do take the piss...

Where is the bed? Is it a pull out sofa?

Edit: nevermind, question answered before I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

833_1440.jpg

I would love to buy that place but I dont like the colour on the kitchen units, & it looks a bit too industrial too.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd love to buy that and do something with it. Not sure I'd build a house on top, but it would make an excellent hostel , or Air Bn'B, adventure games or just a great swingers club.
    Yeah, after seeing the "Hostel" movie, I don't think so.

Also, that flat. Communal clothes washing facilities? You'd pick up less pubic hairs in an orgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

sofa bed I'd say, if its so small why so much furniture, no need for 2 stools an arm chair and a table if that's it I'd want them gone. its not like you will be having people round.

• Advertisement

sofa bed I'd say, if its so small why so much furniture, no need for 2 stools an arm chair and a table if that's it I'd want them gone. its not like you will be having people round.

Can you rent a place without wash facilities, or are you supposed to stand in the toilet and flush? :rolleyes:

Advertisement