Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

ah thanks! i think a brisk walk might help me chill...:D

yes i think a suitable name for this thread would def something like

"banana-hammock"

:D i think it could work??

ooh.. quick question? doind a joint honours with english and history in pestember, anyone have a roungh idea of how many hours i will have looking at the time tables here and i might aswell be reading the the back of a corn flakes box...

Very, very, little. ;)

Maybe 15-20 hours a week? Probably not even that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Orizio wrote: »
    Very, very, little. ;)

Maybe 15-20 hours a week? Probably not even that much.

sweet. thanks, good to know.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

ooh.. quick question? doind a joint honours with english and history in pestember, anyone have a roungh idea of how many hours i will have looking at the time tables here and i might aswell be reading the the back of a corn flakes box...

Yeah fifteen to twenty, but before all the "arts is such a doss course" start coming in I'd like to say...it totally is :D
    BANNED.

Now watcha gotta say? :p

Oops, popped my ban cherry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Evening all,My grant form hasn't been posted yet and i'm getting close to the deadline,Still waiting for all those bloody P21,45 etc etc forms...

Great!

Don't worry about it. I'm getting a grant as well and I was down at the social welfare office today. The Information guy said that the grants were backlogged and that Colleges will accept them even if they're 2-3 weeks late.

I'm waiting for those P forms too. Boring stuff :p

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. I'm getting a grant as well and I was down at the social welfare office today. The Information guy said that the grants were backlogged and that Colleges will accept them even if they're 2-3 weeks late.

I'm waiting for those P forms too. Boring stuff :p

Crap, is that going to affect how quick they're sent out

• Advertisement

Crap, is that going to affect how quick they're sent out

I believe so. They're backlogged because there are so many people now going for the grant because of the recession. I expect some of them won't qualify for it.

So for the rest who actually require the grant, we'll have to wait a bit longer.

Goddammit. More poverty, excellent

Goddammit. More poverty, excellent

It's not easy, but you've survived it :D.
    It might take longer but it'll feel great when it's received!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

anybody doing early childhood studies??

What exactly is Childhood studies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Evening all,My grant form hasn't been posted yet and i'm getting close to the deadline,Still waiting for all those bloody P21,45 etc etc forms...

Great!

im in the same boat!!!got most of the stuff today though thank god!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

I have it on good authority that it is the study of burping babies and singing lullabys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Off Topic Thread - What a Great idea! :D

Same As wrote: »
    Off Topic Thread - What a Great idea! :D

These kind of threads are the cornerstone of any good board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

CommieBaz wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that it is the study of burping babies and singing lullabys.
    They also learn about colouring books. True story. In fact, I think one of their assignments (or whatever the hell you wanna call 'em) was to draw a picture that a child could colour in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I have Geography repeats tomorrow (Wed) and again on Thurs. I'm sooo hoping that two questions in particular will come up. If they dont i'm doomed. Jesus i hate repeats. So much stress, when i should be lying naked on a beach in Greece or somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

grenache wrote: »
    I have Geography repeats tomorrow (Wed) and again on Thurs. I'm sooo hoping that two questions in particular will come up. If they dont i'm doomed. Jesus i hate repeats. So much stress, when i should be lying naked on a beach in Greece or somewhere.

Best of luck in 'em dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

repeats are the work of satin.....:mad:

thank god i narrowly avoided them!

repeats are the work of satin.....:mad:

thank god i narrowly avoided them!
    Oooooo, satin....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Hey all :p

• Advertisement

Howdy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hi,hey,howdee,hello,wassup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

O dear God this thread has descended to new depths!:pac: Wheres the meaningful discussion gone people? I'l get it back on track, Scarlett Johansson or Jessica Alba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

deisedude wrote: »
    O dear God this thread has descended to new depths!:pac: Wheres the meaningful discussion gone people? I'l get it back on track, Scarlett Johansson or Jessica Alba?

Yes Please.

Alba by a country mile.

Alba by a country mile.

I'm a Scarlett man meself. Wouldnt mind being lost in her translation!
    Note: I know that terrible pun doesnt make sense

deisedude wrote: »
    I'm a Scarlett man meself. Wouldnt mind being lost in her translation!
    Note: I know that terrible pun doesnt make sense

Waaayyyyyyy! :pac:

Do I have to choose one? Can I not have both?

Aodan83 wrote: »

You must pick one! It's a matter of life and death!

• Advertisement

No you cant have both. Thats greedy;)

Do ya really think you could take em both on? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Do ya really think either of them would take you on? :pac:

FYP :P

FYP :P

FIXED YOUR POST wooo

Pfft Jessica Alba is overrated.

I'm more of an Anne Hathaway guy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

I WANT MY ORIENTATION STUFF! boohoohoohoohoo :D

• Advertisement

I GOT MINE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Enjoy Orientation, was fairly boring though :P I met nobody from my class that day

I'm still waiting for mine :mad:

They're really leaving it to the last day. Their website said you'll receive the information by the 28th. I thought they'd send it sooner.

Think of what is involved in contacting all of the new incoming undergraduates and you'll understand why it's taking so long.

Same As wrote: »
    Think of what is involved in contacting all of the new incoming undergraduates and you'll understand why it's taking so long.

I understand it of course. It was the same for my brother when he went in 4 years ago.

I just can't wait :D

• Advertisement

Ok...I'm doing English, History and German (hopefully) as three of my modules, so should I pick Folklore or Celtic Civ for the fourth? Advice anyone? Preferably advice on which one gives me a small workload?

Oh no,It involves making decisions!I don't know what modules to pick:eek:#

Oh woah,It seems i've just found how much the fees are going to be for my course next year!

This year it comes to 1650

Next year somewhere in the region of 7415 :eek:

Ok...I'm doing English, History and German (hopefully) as three of my modules, so should I pick Folklore or Celtic Civ for the fourth? Advice anyone? Preferably advice on which one gives me a small workload?

Is Politics an option??

First Year Politics and First Year History are basically the same thing if you manipulate your essay titles a little!

Whatever you do, don't choose Celtic Civ. I've yet to hear a single person say anything positive about it!

Is Politics an option??

First Year Politics and First Year History are basically the same thing if you manipulate your essay titles a little!

Really? Tbh, I didn't even consider Politics. Thought it would be unbelievably boring. Hmmmm *strokes non-existant beard thoughtfully*

I was actually considering Celtic Civ cos I thought it might tie in with History. I hate deciding on things. :(

Really? Tbh, I didn't even consider Politics. Thought it would be unbelievably boring. Hmmmm *strokes non-existant beard thoughtfully*

I was actually considering Celtic Civ cos I thought it might tie in with History. I hate deciding on things. :(

Man if you think Politics is boring you're going to have some fun in History!!

Politics is a handy subject to take on. It's a bit difficult in places (Imo, Political Theory was tough) but Irish Politics and International Politcs tie in with History. There's Continous Assessment throughout the year which helps ease the Summer exam workload.

Greek & Roman Civilisation is decent enough too if you're stuck for something to pick.

Politics and History are a good duo, its what I did, they contemplate each other nicely and if you find one interesting, you'll find the latter interesting.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna have a look through the book of modules and decide between Psychology and Politics I think.

Politics and History are a good duo, its what I did, they complement each other nicely - if you find one interesting, you'll find the latter interesting.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement