Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-07-2019, 20:55   #7381
Thecageyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonftw View Post
More stupid questions coming.

Got an Aspire Speeder mod for my Cleito 120 tank. Quite enjoying it so far (coming from Innokin Prism T20s) but have a couple of questions:

The coils are rated 100-120W but I can't vape near that without burning. I'm generally bouncing between 50 and 60W. Would using a much lower wattage than the rating be normal or a sign I'm doing something wrong?

And the other question is about juice. It seems to be absolutely flying through juice compared to when I was MTLing the other yoke. And I'm finding the flavour a bit too strong. Is it straightforward enough to find flavours for making your own juice? I don't want to end up spending a grand a year on juice.
I have this tank, I only use it as an RTA these days with the RBA base, but when I did buy coils for it I certainly never went to 100w, I think like you I used them in or around 60-80w max. You should try the mesh pro coils for it, they're much better from what i remember. They suggest vaping those between 60-80w so more in your typical range.

Only other thing I can think is that you might have fired the coils up before they were fully saturated? After filling the tank with a fresh coil you want to let it sit for about 5 minutes or more to let the coil get fully saturated with e-liquid.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-07-2019, 21:05   #7382
Dr Bill V1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonftw
The coils are rated 100-120W but I can't vape near that without burning. I'm generally bouncing between 50 and 60W. Would using a much lower wattage than the rating be normal or a sign I'm doing something wrong?

Ratings on coils are really a general max wattage, I wouldn't take them as a figure you have to hit. Everyone is different when it comes to finding that sweet spot in a vape,where you have a satisfying flavour and/or cloud. Best to start low,on that coil say about 50w and work your way up gradually till your happy with the vape your getting.
In relation to juice consumption, your going to notice a sharp increase in juice consumption when you move from mtl to dl. This is as a result of using lower resistance coils and higher wattage thereby burning more juice.
It certainly would be a good time to look at mixing your own as the savings are substantial.
Thanks from:
25-07-2019, 08:10   #7383
youdipstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublic View Post
I’m living in Ireland and I own 2 juuls and an aspire breeze 2 that I use salt nic with but it’s frustrating only being able to use 20mg salt especially when tpd regulations only really apply to freebase nicotine in any capacity. I was hoping to find a website or retailer that stock between 36mg and 50mg salt nic available in Ireland, does anyone know if these exist?
As far as I know,any salt nic above 20mg can only be bought in the USA,other members here have been looking,may be they can help you.
25-07-2019, 14:54   #7384
Buttonftw

Thanks all. Yeah I think I'm just not used to the higher wattage. Getting enough at around 60W anyway.
I know it's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question but I was looking at Brews Bros and they don't look that cheap (£1.50 for 10ml ready to vape). Flavour boss looks more reasonable but doesn't have info on dilution ratios. Any handy guides for mixing at home?
25-07-2019, 15:15   #7385
Dr Bill V1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonftw View Post
Thanks all. Yeah I think I'm just not used to the higher wattage. Getting enough at around 60W anyway.
I know it's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question but I was looking at Brews Bros and they don't look that cheap (£1.50 for 10ml ready to vape). Flavour boss looks more reasonable but doesn't have info on dilution ratios. Any handy guides for mixing at home?
If you check out this site

https://diyeliquidireland.com/produc...rews-brothers/

Based in Cork, excellent service and good selection of diy juice etc.

As example, 250 ml of a Brews Brothers shot contains approximately 50 mls of concentrate, add your required nic shots pg based,about 4 will give you 3mg in 250mls. Top up the balance with VG so you end up with 250mls of juice with 3mg nic content and approximately 80/20 vg/pg.

So you'll need to purchase, your concentrate, nic shots and vg.

Discount code is VAPECHAT10 for 10% discount.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-07-2019, 16:48   #7386
conjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bill V1.5 View Post
If you check out this site

https://diyeliquidireland.com/produc...rews-brothers/

Based in Cork, excellent service and good selection of diy juice etc.

As example, 250 ml of a Brews Brothers shot contains approximately 50 mls of concentrate, add your required nic shots pg based,about 4 will give you 3mg in 250mls. Top up the balance with VG so you end up with 250mls of juice with 3mg nic content and approximately 80/20 vg/pg.

So you'll need to purchase, your concentrate, nic shots and vg.

Discount code is VAPECHAT10 for 10% discount.
Just to add to bill's post, flavour boss have a mixing calculator on their website.
On brew bros 250 mill bottles are a tenner. You just need to add your vg, pg and nic.
Thanks from:
25-07-2019, 17:21   #7387
Dr Bill V1.5

Check Flavour Boss and Brews Brothers own site as well,there can be good deals to be had.

Discount code for Flavour Boss is DIYFB.
Discount code for Brews Brothers is BREWSBROS.

Don't forget to add your delivery charges for Parcel Motel or Addresspal.

This calculator is pretty easy to use.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/create
Thanks from:
30-07-2019, 07:50   #7388
youdipstick

Quote:
I have one on it's way from ecigone,got the rba also. Ecigone are doing 20 per cent off everything till the end of July,code is 20OFF
Hiya Doc,did you manage to do a build on that small RBA yet,I had to order one from 101 vaping because ecigone was out of stock.Should arrive Friday...

I have been watching alot of youtube reviewers trying to build this RBA & the moans & groans of the reviewers were hysterical

The best way of doing that build I found was from this Guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYj1J4GNVI

I'll keep looking,it is a brilliant pod kit,we learn by our mistakes,I made a major one but you've got to laugh
I pushed the coil in first & then began to fill it with a gorilla bottle,filled easy because you can put the nib of the bottle down the side of the coil because the coil moves over to give us more space for filling,easy peasy I thought

I didn't have my finger under the coil,as I was filling,a fly hit me in the eye & I lost vision for a few secs & the nib of the bottle pushed the coil through & bluddy juice went everywhere
When filling,make sure your finger is holding that coil in,I bet it happened to some reviewers but they are not letting on,the bastoods
Thanks from:
30-07-2019, 09:53   #7389
Dr Bill V1.5

Hey youdipstick, I got the kit last Wednesday, got a build onto the rba without much difficulty, used a fine mtl Clapton wire, came out around 0.5+/-, the little 510 adaptor that allows you to fit the rba to a mod is a godsend. Got it wicked and checked for shorts. Installed into pod and the pod was as dead as a doornail, checked for shorts again or something else and nothing. Pod itself was faulty. Contacted ecigone, sent them a short video of the issue and they said return it for a replacement, full postage refund.
I'm expecting it hopefully by the end of this week.
I was raging as this is only the second time that something like this has happened but at least there was no issue with a replacement being sent out.
Good tip on filling,I can see how easily that could happen.

https://imgur.com/rzdgOJE

https://imgur.com/kuuxW1n

https://imgur.com/Mzc0PLc
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-07-2019, 15:46   #7390
JohnnyFlash

Bought an Aspire Tigon recently and was enjoying using it. Top loader for the juice and you could replace the coil without having to empty it. However it went through the wash at the weekend. Does anyone know if you can buy a spare one anywhere or is there some alternative that would cater for the type of lad who doesn’t want options or screens - just a button that fires.

Thanks.
03-08-2019, 12:28   #7391
Dr Bill V1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdipstick
Hiya Doc,did you manage to do a build on that small RBA yet,I had to order one from 101 vaping because ecigone was out of stock.Should arrive Friday...

Pasito #2 has arrived 😠RBA coil is installed, vandyvape superfine mtl Clapton wire, 0.5.
After playing around with the various power and afc settings I've found the afc about half open and power set to 3 lights on gives a very good restrictive DL vape, flavour is very good,clouds galore.
Afc practically closed and power set to 2 lights on gives a very good but slightly more airy mtl, still great flavour.
Early days but I'm well impressed with this little device, the only other pod I've used was the Aspire Breeze 2 and the Pasito beats it hands down in every area.
There's a rubber thing in the tank that restricts capacity for TPD I assume so that has to go.
03-08-2019, 13:15   #7392
youdipstick

Quote:
Pasito #2 has arrived 😠RBA coil is installed, vandyvape superfine mtl Clapton wire, 0.5.
After playing around with the various power and afc settings I've found the afc about half open and power set to 3 lights on gives a very good restrictive DL vape, flavour is very good,clouds galore.
Afc practically closed and power set to 2 lights on gives a very good but slightly more airy mtl, still great flavour.
Early days but I'm well impressed with this little device, the only other pod I've used was the Aspire Breeze 2 and the Pasito beats it hands down in every area.
There's a rubber thing in the tank that restricts capacity for TPD I assume so that has to go.
I'm looking at my rba at the moment,I must get round to doing it,I'm enjoying the vape from the 0.6 mesh coil.
I didn't see any reviewers talking about that rubber thing you mentioned,would be handy if there was a bigger capacity.
I just bought 2 Innokin EZ Watt kits on ebay,I heard they were great MTL tanks,the mod has bottom air flow channels for bottom air fed clearo's which I have plenty of & it can take any tank with sub-ohm coil,the power on mod can go up to 35w.
When you find out let me know about that rubber ting.
03-08-2019, 13:35   #7393
Dr Bill V1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdipstick
I'm looking at my rba at the moment,I must get round to doing it,I'm enjoying the vape from the 0.6 mesh coil. I didn't see any reviewers talking about that rubber thing you mentioned,would be handy if there was a bigger capacity. I just bought 2 Innokin EZ Watt kits on ebay,I heard they were great MTL tanks,the mod has bottom air flow channels for bottom air fed clearo's which I have plenty of & it can take any tank with sub-ohm coil,the power on mod can go up to 35w. When you find out let me know about that rubber ting.

I haven't done it yet but if you prise off the top of the pod with a flathead screwdriver you can just whip out the reducer, capacity with the rba is increased to 3ml. Might seem a bit scary but apparently it works and all goes back together again nicely.
Thanks from:
13-08-2019, 00:06   #7394
Grayson

Today I'm trying out the cthulhu hastur mtl rta and the cthulhu hastur mtl mini rta.
I also picked up the Vaporesso Aurora play.

The Hastur is ok. Good deep drags, easy to coil and wick. Flavour is quite muted. The Mini is a lot better. Smaller build but not hard to buld. Flavour is a lot better.
The surprise winner is the Aurora play. Great flavour from it. Pity it's a pod device. I hate having to keep a stock of coils or pods. Still, it's pretty and small with a kinda variable wattage so it'll stay in my pocket as a backup.

(BTW, I'm using 20mg nic in all three).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion