Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tusk's Walrus

13»

Comments

Baby shark do do do do do do, if you have hear it enough times it eventually will brain wash you into liking it

Why oh why oh wwhhhyyy did I open this thread. It'll be a week before I get that outta my head :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Baby shark do do do do do do, if you have hear it enough times it eventually will brain wash you into liking it

Why oh why did I Google that..... You bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Spook_ie wrote: »

:pac:

Walrus: the gift that keeps on giving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,554 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Spook_ie wrote: »

Why why why...

Delilah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In

that hurt.
    The Black Hole alone - almost every song I know qualifies.... jesus. But I've got a good feeling about it, today's your day, Orion!

Banjo wrote: »
    In

that hurt.
    The Black Hole alone - almost every song I know qualifies.... jesus. But I've got a good feeling about it, today's your day, Orion!

You think you're in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

In

that hurt.

pm your entry to me when you've finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

...And I'm out, because I sent it to Tusk :(

...And I'm back in!
    This reminds me of my wedding night.

Because our first dance was the hokey cokey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

...And I'm out, because I sent it to Tusk :(

tenor.gif?itemid=5619337

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I can think of nothing better than submitting Orion only to get slated then have Banjo submitting Orion and winning.

Seriously, would be fine.

Absolutely ****ing fine.

• Advertisement

Actually can't wait to get this kicked off!

So wow, much excite.

3dDoge.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

When does it close? How long will you need to listen?

Which leads to most important question of all - when does reveal start?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Will get something in deffo this weekend

quickbeam wrote: »
    When does it close? How long will you need to listen?

Which leads to most important question of all - when does reveal start?????

Sunday is the last day for entries. Let's say 5pm cut off.

sKeith can then send me on the list whenever he's ready.

I plan to listen to each track a minimum of 3 times (but probably more tbh) so not sure when reveal will start.

I'll listen to a category at a time. So listen, reveal, listen, reveal and so on.

REMINDER!

Final cut off for submissions is 5PM today!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And first reveal tomorrow eve amirite ;)

My apologies to Tusk for not getting an entry in for this, the last few days have gone by in a hectic flash.

Not that you're stuck for entrants anyway, tusk :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m in!

My apologies to Tusk for not getting an entry in for this, the last few days have gone by in a hectic flash.

Not that you're stuck for entrants anyway, tusk :pac:

There is a Brexit style extension I've been informed until 6pm if you wanna fire off a PM super quickly ;)

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    There is a Brexit style extension I've been informed until 6pm if you wanna fire off a PM super quickly ;)

Cheers Necro, I'm trying but coming up short. There are too many tunes!

We'll see, I have 13 minutes.

In.

Okay, all entries taken in.

26 in total.

anonymising and sending them onto tusk now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bah i missed it. Completely forgot about sending it in till just now

Submitted to keith there now anyways, but if its too late, no worries :)

one sneaky one just squeezed in , 27 in total now.

sKeith wrote: »
    one sneaky one just squeezed in , 27 in total now.

Seriously lacking in verbosity, but I tried my best with the available time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Seriously lacking in verbosity, but I tried my best with the available time :pac:

Zero verbosity on my side, since sKeith won't be passing anything but the songs on to Tusk. I'll verbose during the reveal :)

quickbeam wrote: »
    Zero verbosity on my side, since sKeith won't be passing anything but the songs on to Tusk. I'll verbose during the reveal :)

Oh really? Cause I went TLDR with a couple of the submissions since I felt I needed to write something.

I like that though - Just the songs, they should speak for themselves relative to their categories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

27?!! Wow!

I also assumed comments were being passed on, I put some real work into mine :p

27?!! Wow!

I also assumed comments were being passed on, I put some real work into mine :p

Tusk will eventually get all your words, just not before he finishes sorting and grading.

Words? Comments? Wut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Words? Comments? Wut?

Pleas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just gave a list :pac: the music speaks for itself

For most of them I'd say just let the song speak for itself, although "The Pinger" (ie song that has huge emotional effect on you) probably needs a bit of explanation.

Say for example if your whole family was murdered in front of you while "Baby Shark" was playing in the background then that song would understandably have an emotional effect on you, but without any context it would seem like an odd choice!

For most of them I'd say just let the song speak for itself, although "The Pinger" (ie song that has huge emotional effect on you) probably needs a bit of explanation.

Say for example if your whole family was murdered in front of you while "Baby Shark" was playing in the background then that song would understandably have an emotional effect on you, but without any context it would seem like an odd choice!

It's ok Homer. You can tell us all what drove you to this madness :pac::pac:

I had a stressy weekend and didn't get to finish my entry :( aw well I'll still try to tune in for the reveal. My favorite bit is hearing new songs anyways! :)

I had a stressy weekend and didn't get to finish my entry :( aw well I'll still try to tune in for the reveal. My favorite bit is hearing new songs anyways! :)

Aw sorry to hear that BB. You probably would have won anyway, so better to let the others have a chance

tusk wrote: »
    Aw sorry to hear that BB. You probably would have won anyway, so better to let the others have a chance

Haha yes that's exactly right! :D

Stabby shark do do do do do do do

love that version

Might help to point people in the direction of your reveal thread Tusk :pac:

Trigger wrote: »
    Might help to point people in the direction of your reveal thread Tusk :pac:

Nah if they really want to find it they will come...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058022851/1/#post111511083

• Advertisement
Advertisement