Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

date night - late 30s

Options
  • 06-10-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I've managed to get a babysitter for this Saturday night so Im hoping to have a nice date night with my wife.

We are normally good to go for 9pm and just go out for some dinner and a drink, but just wondering if someone could offer some other suggestions that might include some activity/show ideally where we can also get food

tia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Any particular part of the world you want this recommendation for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zubinator

pwurple wrote: »
    Any particular part of the world you want this recommendation for?

yes, sorry I should have specified Dublin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Most shows would be starting at or around 9pm so I’m not sure that you’d even make it on time to one (on the assumption that “good to go for 9pm mentioned in your op meant that’s when you’d be going from your house to town)

Whatever you decide to do, if you’re getting a taxi into town on Saturday night, pre-book it as early as possible. If you only start looking on the apps/ringing round 15 minutes before go-time you’ll probably end up being delayed and disappointed.

Check social media pages for BGET/Olympia/Vicar St/Whelan’s/Lost Lane etc and see if anything in those venues is available and works with your timescale/interests/budget.

ETA The Stella Cinema in Rathmines might be an option, you can have your meal and cocktails while watching a film

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

ETA The Stella Cinema in Rathmines might be an option, you can have your meal and cocktails while watching a film

A big +1 to the idea of the Stella. I've only been once, but it was a great spot for a date night. The cocktail bar upstairs is lovely, and you as mentioned you can bring the cocktails to your seat. For ordering a bite to eat, you place your order at the counter before the movie starts, give them your seat number and when the food is ready, they deliver it to your seat (during the movie)

Advertisement