Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

New Dark Knight Rises trailer to air during England Vs France
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/new-dark-knight-rises-trailer-to-air-during-england-vs-france

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this??

Saw it in passing. Didn't notice any footage I hadn't seen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

New Dark Knight Rises trailer to air during England Vs France
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/new-dark-knight-rises-trailer-to-air-during-england-vs-france

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this??
    This is the first time I've regretted not watching sports.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

can we all leave andy alone surely his entitled to his opinion as much as everyone else? juts reading the last few pages and the guy's been defending himself from like 5 people the whole time lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

caspa307 wrote: »
    can we all leave andy alone surely his entitled to his opinion as much as everyone else? juts reading the last few pages and the guy's been defending himself from like 5 people the whole time lol

Maybe if he wasn't so antagonising in his posting style he wouldn't be getting half the **** he's getting.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Maybe he wasn't so antagonising in his posting style he wouldn't be getting half the **** he's getting.

While I stand by what I say, I'm being far from antagonistic; even though I've wanted too, considering Mwnger3 is the one that is actually being antagonistic and repeatedly went for the 'were you asleep', 'were you even paying attention' jibes. I didn't lower myself, and yet someone is still saying I did! Lovely. :) Might have made some blanket statements along this lines of 'If you like xxx then you are xxx' :pac: but nothing personal.

I never noticed that it was a fire engine on fire, that's pretty funny. Must have missed that from the high-angle they shot at. Still makes no sense that they fell for the one tactic they were incredibly aware of.Did some people see it in an IMAX? ;) I'm hoping to see TDKR at an IMAX. Watching the IMAX footage on a Apple screen is crazy, such a sharp image, and lovely colours.

Good to see some heads popping up on the last page that prefer BB ;)

Gonna have to finish The Prestige tonight.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Scarecrow was underused in the first film

Yeah, actually, I'd agree with this. I guess it was because he was just a tool of Raz as well. I wouldn't agree that he was unworthy as a central villain, I think one of the strengths of BB is that Nolan didn't go with the more obvious villain choices. I think he was evil, and involved enough, to be worthy. And I love that grey suit/makeshift mask get-up, and how they gave the mask a function. I love BB for how it grounded the fantastical and made it seem so tangible.
    I still find it very odd that Raz and Scarecrow never even appeared in the same scene. Did they even speak on the telephone? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I much preferred BB to TDK. I could watch BB multiple times but find it hard to even get through TDK and I don't know why. from the cinema to seeing it at home, I just got bored watching it. Gonna watch it again before TDKR so maybe i'll come around to it but not a good sign when i'm already looking forward to the reboot without bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The soundtrack for The Dark Knight Rises has been detailed.
    Composition titles possibly provide an insight into what to expect in Christopher Nolan's film.

The full tracklisting is as follows:

The Dark Knight Rises
    01. A Storm Is Coming (0:37)
    02. On Thin Ice (2:55)
    03. Gotham's Reckoning (4:08)
    04. Mind If I Cut In? (3:27)
    05. Underground Army (3:12)
    06. Born In Darkness (1:57)
    07. The Fire Rises (5:33)
    08. Nothing Out There (2:51)
    09. Despair (3:14)
    10. Fear Will Find You (3:08)
    11. Why Do We Fall? (2:03)
    12. Death By Exile (0:23)
    13. Imagine The Fire (7:25)
    14. Necessary Evil (3:16)
    15. Rise (7:11)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I could watch BB multiple times

Four times in the cinema for me, not sure how many times on DVD.

I have a problem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mwnger3

Andy!! wrote: »
    While I stand by what I say, I'm being far from antagonistic; even though I've wanted too, considering Mwnger3 is the one that is actually being antagonistic and repeatedly went for the 'were you asleep', 'were you even paying attention' jibes. I didn't lower myself, and yet someone is still saying I did!

Actually, you were being antagonistic to others long before I posted my comment...

Taste of your own medicine doctor? :D

I've just noticed your post count... time for a mod to run an I.P. trace and ban for multiple accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Please quit the bickering and stay on topic everyone. You know, The Dark Knight Rises? If you want to continue to debate Andy's opinion of TDK then take it to PM or start another thread - they are easier to lock. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You think it's realistic that blueprints for the Batmobile were somehow placed in accounts records? Crap, hopefully they haven't been using batarangs as paperweights in the HR department... :pac:
    They weren't in accounts records. The accountant noticed some abnormalities in the records. Specifically, the applied sciences division disappeared. So he went to the archives and went through the old files and came across the tumbler plans.

That's made pretty clear in the movie.
    Of course they were to know, Gordon and Batman intentionally set up the transfer to lure the Joker. And Gordon was driving the vehicle, he was more in the know than most, he was in the loop with Batman. So he had a sudden memory lapse and panicked? Seems to me he should have been in complete control, and telling the rest of the vans to stop and use the opposite COMPLETELY EMPTY LANE. Whole roads were blocked off. Just had a look at it this morning.
    When you looked at it this morning did you also notice that the other cop exclaims "Lower fifth! We'll be sitting ducks down there". Why did Gordon ignore this??
    Well, you've already pointed out why. He was working with Batman, who was following the convoy. They were expecting the Jokers attack, they went along with it to try catch him. Ultimately, given the level of planning for the Jokers' plans throughout, I don't think it matter much which street they took to get from A to B.

By no means a TBK fanboy, i just found it strange that you were able to point of very specific flaws, yet missed some really obviously points.

To get back on topic with TDKR, got an email this morning about tickets going on sale soon. I'll be going to IMAX for this one. I can confirm the rumour about studios forcing USA screenings to be first isn't true. As the first showing here is 12.01AM on July 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

The soundtrack for The Dark Knight Rises has been detailed.
    Composition titles possibly provide an insight into what to expect in Christopher Nolan's film.

The full tracklisting is as follows:

The Dark Knight Rises

12. Death By Exile (0:23)

This pretty much confirms the rumored
    kangaroo court scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

WatchWolf wrote: »
    This pretty much confirms the rumored
    kangaroo court scene

yup i say that explains why gordon is in such a bad state in the teaser trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Hi all i've just checked and emailed a few cinemas and found out none are showing TDKR at midnight??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hi all i've just checked and emailed a few cinemas and found out none are showing TDKR at midnight??!!
    It got a bit buried in all the pissing in handbags, but it seems they want the premiere to happen in US time so screenings are being delayed until later in the morning or day.

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't think it matter much which street they took to get from A to B.

Course it matters, that's the point. Why just have a batmobile at your disposal when you can have that, AND a helicopter with machine guns? AND then you're not driving a SWAT van full of dudes that ended up careening into the river beside the tunnel. The point is, they knew that they were going to need air calvary; and yet for some crazy reason took a route that took that out of the equation. If someone is trying to shoehorn you into something, especially if it's some who is considerably psychotic, stop for a bloody second and find another route entirely! There was a police-cordoned completely empty lane right beside the flaming fire engine.

But anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I don't think it matter much which street they took to get from A to B.

Course it matters, that's the point. Why just have a batmobile at your disposal when you can have that, AND a helicopter with machine guns? AND then you're not driving a SWAT van full of dudes that ended up careening into the river beside the tunnel. The point is, they knew that they were going to need air calvary; and yet for some crazy reason took a route that took that out of the equation. If someone is trying to shoehorn you into something, especially if it's some who is considerably psychotic, stop for a bloody second and find another route entirely! There was a police-cordoned completely empty lane right beside the flaming fire engine.

But anyways.
    I'm sure there's a Dark Knight thread?Every time i see an update notice for this thread, i hope its news.. Not nit picking a four year old film

It got a bit buried in all the pissing in handbags, but it seems they want the premiere to happen in US time so screenings are being delayed until later in the morning or day.
    As I posted above, that's not true.
    It's released in the US on the 20th.
    It's released in Australia (and a few other countries) on the 19th. there's definitely midnight showings in Oz. With time zones, that means it'll be nearly two days ahead of the US premiere.

So if cinemas in Dublin aren't having midnight showings, its not because of the american premiere being first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

But anyways.

Dude...

It's a movie about a billionaire philanthropist playboy ninja vigilante orphan who at night dresses up in tights and beats the snot out of criminals. You're focusing on a cordoned off road not being utilised, somehow I feel there are other plot points which are less believable. Chill.

ON TOPIC: booked my tickets for the BFI IMAX. aw yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Does anyone know who the black fella who pushes the man down the hole at 1min 16 sec in the third trailer is? He is also standing behind Bane a few seconds later.
    You can clearly see his nose and mouth. So it's not Bane.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

MJ23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the black fella who pushes the man down the hole at 1min 16 sec in the third trailer is? He is also standing behind Bane a few seconds later.

I think I read somewhere that this is Christopher Judge (the guy from Stargate SG-1 who played Teal'c). He is listed as part of the cast and I'm assuming he's one fo Bane's gang.

There is a TNA wrestler who is called "the pope" might be him ?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

phil1nj wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that this is Christopher Judge (the guy from Stargate SG-1 who played Teal'c). He is listed as part of the cast and I'm assuming he's one fo Bane's gang.

Aye it's him all right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

As I posted above, that's not true.
    It's released in the US on the 20th.
    It's released in Australia (and a few other countries) on the 19th. there's definitely midnight showings in Oz. With time zones, that means it'll be nearly two days ahead of the US premiere.

So if cinemas in Dublin aren't having midnight showings, its not because of the american premiere being first.

Cinemas in Ireland aren't having midnight shows, earliest they can show it is 5am. It's a bit bizarre.

You're right about Australia having it two days before us, sister gets to see it before me. Life's not fair! :mad:

(just checked the e-mail, it definitely says we can't have a midnight show due to New York showing it at midnight and that's the word from the distributors. Whatever is going on that's the official line.)

It's Christopher Judge

judge_darkknighttrailer-e1335951334840.jpg
    Cinemas in Ireland aren't having midnight shows, earliest they can show it is 5am. It's a bit bizarre.

You're right about Australia having it two days before us, sister gets to see it before me. Life's not fair! :mad:

(just checked the e-mail, it definitely says we can't have a midnight show due to New York showing it at midnight and that's the word from the distributors. Whatever is going on that's the official line.)

I'm not saying that its not the official line from the cinema. I'm saying that its makes no sense. Sydney IMAX will be 38 hours before New York's midnight showing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's Christopher Judge
    Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Mail From The Odeon..
    Dear Squ,

Tickets are now available to book on our website or by calling the number below for the following dates and times:

The Dark Knight Rises (Isense)

Fri 20-Jul 12:30 16:15 20:00
    Sat 21-Jul 12:30 16:15 20:00
    Sun 22-Jul 12:30 16:15 20:00
    Mon 23-Jul 12:30 16:15 20:00
    Tue 24-Jul 12:30 16:15 20:00
    Wed 25-Jul 12:30 16:15 20:00
    Thu 26-Jul 12:30 16:15 20:00

We currently do not have plans to show a Batman Marathon however this could change, therefore I would advise you to keep an eye on our website for further news.

Regards,

Lisa
    ODEON Guest Services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

earliest showing I could find is the point village (which is odd as cineworld usually has showings from 10am onwards for big films but their first showing is 1pm)

Advertisement