Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

Separate threads for film & TV
    John Dies at The End is a real under rated gem. Hopefully he'll get around to doing the sequel as the first on does a great job of introducing you to a totally strange and ****ed up universe.

His plans right now are to get Phantasm V out in the coming months and after it there's plans to finally shoot Bubba Nosferatu. The John Dies at the End sequel is from what I understand, aiming for a 216 release.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

His plans right now are to get Phantasm V out in the coming months and after it there's plans to finally shoot Bubba Nosferatu. The John Dies at the End sequel is from what I understand, aiming for a 216 release.

I love the Phantasms. Childhood movies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Man Of Steel on the Danish Netflix now my fellow hermits.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Corvo wrote: »

That's pretty impressive for a big blockbuster not released even a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched End of Watch. Gritty slowburning cop drama with Jake Gylenhall. Really enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

krudler wrote: »
    That's pretty impressive for a big blockbuster not released even a year ago

well sky are now showing it in the UK and ireland , so netlix ireland missed out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Barna77 wrote: »
    Started watching Suits last night. Really good. Loving Harvey's one liners :D

thanks for this, starting watching, very good!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I watched Suits for a while and loved it but it gets very repetitive after a while. Plus I always found Mike annoying and terribly unlikable and could never figure out why everyone is always risking their own necks to save him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Started on The Tudors on Sunday, I'm almost on season 3 already, brilliant show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

I watched Suits for a while and loved it but it gets very repetitive after a while. Plus I always found Mike annoying and terribly unlikable and could never figure out why everyone is always risking their own necks to save him.

Ya, absolutely loved it but got midway through season 3 and haven't resumed watching since not because the show was bad just that it was repetitive. I wonder will I enjoy it more after a bit of a break from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Crossing lines on most non-irish regions, good European made cop show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_Lines

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Person Of Interest season two has now arrived on Irish Netflix. I've watched fourteen episodes of season one and there's not a single bad one so far by my reckoning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I watched Suits for a while and loved it but it gets very repetitive after a while.

Watched 4 episodes of this to try and see what all the fuss is about and I couldnt get into it. Very over-hyped show.

Wereghost wrote: »
    Person Of Interest season two has now arrived on Irish Netflix. I've watched fourteen episodes of season one and there's not a single bad one so far by my reckoning.

Im presuming season one is there too? ;) I might give this a shot as I love Michael Emerson, a great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Im presuming season one is there too? ;) I might give this a shot as I love Michael Emerson, a great actor.

It is and you really should it is one of the best tv shows going at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just watched The Family, written and directed by Luc Besson and staring Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones on US Netflix. About a mob family who move to a small village in France under witness protection. Remember seeing the trailer last year and thinking it could be a bit of fun and most of Luc Besson's films I've seen, I've enjoyed but this wasn't great tbh. Whole thing just felt a bit lazy or something. Would give it a miss tbh unless you've not got anything better to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Corvo wrote: »

Hadn't actually watched this myself at all yet and had missed it in the cinema. Really really didn't enjoy it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don Jon is up on the American site. Heard good things.

Also, for anyone watching the Fargo TV series, the episodes are being added to the Netherlands Netflix as they come out each week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Short Term 12 also up on the US site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just watched Rapture-palooza and Some Guy Who Kills People. Must come in to this thread more often!! Enjoyed both!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

It is and you really should it is one of the best tv shows going at the moment.

Hmmm. I tried two episodes last night.

And ... hmmmm!

So far so average.

Will try one more over the weekend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Hmmm. I tried two episodes last night.

And ... hmmmm!

So far so average.

Will try one more over the weekend

It's a slow burner to start with but once the series arc kicks in everything from episode 1 on is linked even if you don't see it till season 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

dictator now on Irish netlfix, prefer baron cohen's unscripted or loosely planned stuff and I believe this is a regular scripted movie

Watched Mud on the american site the other night. Thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 southern red

Is homeland series 3 on netflix yet ,anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Is homeland series 3 on netflix yet ,anyone??

I don't think so. Definitely not on the Irish one.

Argo is on the Swedish netflix. Great film!

Community is on the Canadian netflix. Only a few episodes in but it's hillarious so far.

Argo is on the Swedish netflix. Great film!

Community is on the Canadian netflix. Only a few episodes in but it's hillarious so far.

Season 2 is epic! Drops off a bit after that but still worth a watch.

Disney's Lone Ranger film is on the dutch site, I might give it a watch as I've heard loads on here say it's much better than the reviews made out.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »

Disney's Lone Ranger film is on the dutch site, I might give it a watch as I've heard loads on here say it's much better than the reviews made out.

Give it a chance I say, it looks gorgeous, it's got a great score and the climax is brilliant. Just tired of Depp's shtick now.

I dunno how long it's been on there but White Men Can't Jump is on the Irish site, haven't seen that in aaages.

I'll definitely give it a look so!

John Cameron Mitchell's Rabbit Hole was added to the Irish site today, it's heavy going but well worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Just watched "Cropsey" on American netflix - documentary about a string of child abductions that occurred on Staten island in the 70's and 80's. Very interesting, quite creepy and unsettling too though

Really good little doc with a surprising and fairly shocking turn.Can't recommend it enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement