Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Realme x2 pro arrived today.
    Impressed so far. Screen is a huge step up from the Poco F1 and the sound off the built in speakers is ridiculous.

Fast and the refresh rate makes the whole thing quite slick TBF.

Still don't know about the always in screen does it lead to screen burn?

Other than that and going to the wrong side for the volume buttons have to say feels like a good upgrade from the F1 glad to have the NFC now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

sioda wrote: »
    Impressed so far. Screen is a huge step up from the Poco F1 and the sound off the built in speakers is ridiculous.

Other than that and going to the wrong side for the volume buttons have to say feels like a good upgrade from the F1 glad to have the NFC now as well

Is it dual SIM + SD card or can you use an adaptor?

I was looking at the oppo zoom but doesn't seem to be many users etc

Dual SIM no hybrid card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

sioda wrote: »

Nice. I'm really impressed with mine as well!

Is yours running Android 9? Mine is, and I heard Android 10 has been rolled out for the X2 pro in areas. Just wondering is this something you need to download yourself or is an auto update that will eventually come? I'm a bit of an Android rookie.

^^^ Funnily enough, I just received got a notification saying there's an update to install Android 10 and Realme UI update. :)

• Advertisement

I'm on Android 10 just went to the software update in settings and checked.

Heard lots of giving out online about the software and bloat but I'm happy with the set up.

Using nova launcher as can't deal with no infinite scroll but the stock launcher is perfect otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I out poco launcher on my redmi note 5 I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

How often does honourbuy restock their phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    23. May 2020 08:54 Local time | DUBLIN REPUBLIC OF
    This shipment is handled by: DHL Express
    Estimated Delivery Date 25. May 2020 - By End of Day

Happy with HK Goldway / DHL. - Bought the phone on 2nd May and it will be delivered tomorrow .

Anyone thinking of going for the realme x2 pro have found Vs the pocophone that I am getting 4g+ where I used only get 4g so another plus for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

morally how can you buy Chinese phones now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Please enlighten us all

• Subscribers Posts: 41,361 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

you do realise that the vast majority of parts for ALL cell phones are made in china, yeah??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

Morally then how can we buy any non Irish product? Bit silly

massy086 wrote: »
    Please enlighten us all

Like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

How did you type this post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Can you point me to some Irish made phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Subscribers Posts: 41,361 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Suckit wrote: »

to be pedantic a lot the parts for most of these phones, and all cell phones, are built in china.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2019/08/04/why-china-is-dominating-lithium-ion-battery-production/

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2939662/qualcomm-partners-with-large-chinese-foundry-on-chips.html

so while the factory that actually puts all the parts together might not be in china, you can be sure that china has hand a hand in putting together a hell of a lot of the parts

Just got the Redmi Note 8 Pro . Very similar to my Redmi Note 5 . Stronger battery , type C charger , slightly larger screen plus Nfc. Not much else different.
    Avoided the Customs. Was delivered by DHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Any update on this pal? :)

I ordered a phone on April 28th from them and it finally shipped today, May 18th!
    Have never had that long a lead time with eglobal before and who's knows how long final time will be by the time I get the damn phone! :(

Actually just got an email of them yesterday:

Dear Customer,

Greetings from eGlobal Central!

Please be kindly informed, that the item you have ordered has run out of stock and we won't have this item any soon

We tried to get from suppliers, but they could not give us possible restock dates

Your order was cancelled and the amount will be visible on your credit card within 5-7 days

We would like to apologize that we could not fulfill your order

Finally managed to set up an RMA case looking for refund and scheduled emails to be sent daily every 4 hours. They're advertising stock that they don't have and then hopefully wait till they might get it in all the while leaving you in the dark about what's going on.
    Will wait and see what the refund comes back like!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

They did the same to me only made me take a colour I didn't want. Wouldn't give me a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

jfk247 wrote: »

Dear Customer,

Please be kindly informed, that the item you have ordered has run out of stock and we won't have this item any soon

We tried to get from suppliers, but they could not give us possible restock dates

Your order was cancelled and the amount will be visible on your credit card within 5-7 days

Finally managed to set up an RMA case looking for refund and scheduled emails to be sent daily every 4 hours. They're advertising stock that they don't have and then hopefully wait till they might get it in all the while leaving you in the dark about what's going on.

Good and bad result there man! Looks like you are going to get a refund though, so you can buy elsewhere :)

Would you believe that I still haven't received the one that I ordered on April 28th yet? Though it is in a DPD van, due for delivery in an hour!

Almost a full damn month :mad:

jfk247 wrote: »

Dear Customer,

Did the exact same to me Christmas,and it was a present for my teen son

Just got the Redmi Note 8 Pro . Very similar to my Redmi Note 5 . Stronger battery , type C charger , slightly larger screen plus Nfc. Not much else different.

What sites did you order from?? Were you waiting long??

Might be the wrong place for this (apologies if is) - I'm looking to buy a portable charger for my new phone, although I've heard some of these can possibly damage your phone? Does anyone know about this? Seen a 20000 man online for 15 quid but the last thing I want is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,361 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ Portable charger are fine, if you stick with a reliable brand (i.e. Xiaomi/Anker/Aukey etc).

Be-careful with cheap unknown brand versions.
    Link the version your looking at and people will share their opinion.

Edit: - Added links for example, won't ship to Ireland, possibly PM/AP/DPD drop shippers but risk them been refused by them

Lashes28 wrote: »

Ordered from Hong Kong Goldway on Aliexpress . Bought on 2nd May . I've used them a few times and all good .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Lashes28 wrote: »

I've bought two from honor buy and had them both within 6 days of ordering. Install honey if you want to try for discount codes. I got a fiver off each time.

Advertisement