Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options
1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Shoog

Xiomia have fairly much rendered it impossible to flash custom roms to their phones at this stage. Whole disk encryption is what makes it difficult. You are allowed to unlock your bootloader but then it becomes very challenging. Last time I tried to flash TWERP it destroyed my recovery partition.

So don't buy if you intend to flash custom ROMs or unless you are a technical wizard.

Harvey Norman sell them as SIM only phones for the same price as buying direct from China so there is no benefit to going direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi, having some problems with a relatives Redmi Note 12.

When WiFi is not available, it is not able to use the data to connect - it states 'No data connection'. There is currently 12GB of data available on the sim card. Currently they are unable to receive What's App messages until they are back on a WiFi connection.

What I've noticed is that when I switch off the WiFi connection, there is no 3G/4G indication beside the signal strength indicator. I've tried a few thing to sort this, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas as to how I can resolve this as it is wasting unused data and they are unable to communicate with others using their data allocation?

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭jj880

Im on Xiaomi x4 pro 5g. Had a quick look at my developer options. I dont have this issue but maybe enable this option and reboot the phone. Might solve for redmi 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

That seems to have worked after a brief check!

Will report back if any issues.

Many thanks.

Advertisement