Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings [History Channel - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Another excellent episode and only 2 more to go this season. Cant understand how this show isn't more popular.

I think this season is fairly poor compared to Season 1. The quality of acting has divided with some of the uspport characters being excellent (eg Jarl Borg, King Egbert) and some being terrible (eg Bjorns new girlfriend).

Overall season 1 felt more like a story, this season is more like a soap opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Dermighty wrote: »
    I think this season is fairly poor compared to Season 1. The quality of acting has divided with some of the uspport characters being excellent (eg Jarl Borg, King Egbert) and some being terrible (eg Bjorns new girlfriend).

Overall season 1 felt more like a story, this season is more like a soap opera.

Have to disagree with you, I think they have raised their game on all fronts this season, if it feels less personal a story that's down to them having to, like all shows entering their second season, expand the scope of the series. I think they have managed it admirably tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

couple of eps behind, always wonder in this show why our sympathies should be with the blood thirsty vikings who kill everyone in their path

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

couple of eps behind, always wonder in this show why are sympathies should be with the blood thirsty vikings who kill everyone in their path

Cos they're the stars of the show ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

I've watched this as far as ep.7 season 2. the 'blood eagle' execution :/ you could almost feel it. you'll find info about it online, horrific. you can see the persons back as the camera rises up, the ribs all pushed out like wings.

not bad show, cheesy at times, they're making a third season and maybe more.
    they go to paris. no point in raiding dublin, we've already been looted, nothing here, move along now.

Ragnar really wants his ex to join him in the sack with his new wife.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Really enjoyed this season so far. It has a bit of everything. Looking forward to the remaining episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

le la rat wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this season so far. It has a bit of everything. Looking forward to the remaining episodes.

and more of Lagertha, i can see a threesome in the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Fantastic action in the latest episode but if Floki get's any camper I'm gonna punch the screen.

Graham Norton would stand out less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Temaz wrote: »
    Fantastic action in the latest episode but if Floki get's any camper I'm gonna punch the screen.

Graham Norton would stand out less.

Thanks for that, from now on I'm going to be seeing a hairy Graham Norton with a wee axe whenever I watch. He'd be up for guesting I'd imagine.

Thanks for that, from now on I'm going to be seeing a hairy Graham Norton with a wee axe whenever I watch. He'd be up for guesting I'd imagine.

I'm hoping Floki get's axed down as the actor playing him is awful and I don't know why he's making the character so camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Does anyone know why there is no blood in any of the battles? We always see both sides swinging axes and swords and hitting each other but there never seems to be any wounds as you would expect to see.

Is it aired early on in the day over in the US or something?

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Does anyone know why there is no blood in any of the battles? We always see both sides swinging axes and swords and hitting each other but there never seems to be any wounds as you would expect to see.

Is it aired early on in the day over in the US or something?

I think the Blu Ray and RTE versions had all the gore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Temaz wrote: »
    I'm hoping Floki get's axed down as the actor playing him is awful and I don't know why he's making the character so camp.

Camp?

I'm not seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Dermighty wrote: »
    Camp?

I'm not seeing it.

Nor I - he is great.

How long is the journey for Ragnar from England back home?

At the end of the latest episode, it seemed to me (based on Ragnar's reactions) that the scene showing the Viking women tending Rollo's wounds was showing that this was the first medical treatment he was getting since the battle.

King Ecbert was quite clear that he wanted Rollo taken good care of and I would imagine that if the Vikings had better ways they would have treated him at the camp in Wessex.

Or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

really going to miss this show when the season ended and i was surprised as season 1 was a bit rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Does the Sear tell Ragnar everything? As Ragnar crucified Kal Borg with the blood eagle execution. Previously the Sear told Borg he would be like an eagle..
    Not the eagle he had hoped though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I love Floki, he is the brother of Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood) and the son of Skellan Skarsgard (Avengers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Really thought
    Loki had betrayed Ragnar there for a bit,great twist of events

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Very dull episode until the last 5 minutes. I prefer it when they're playing politics in England. Linus Roache is such an honest man he is obviously going to go on to become a TD. Good riddance to the king - he was just a dirty auld bastard anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hey have watched all 3 seasons. Great show. Can anybody tell me who sings the song "everybody rules the world" currently advertised on history channel.

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    Hey have watched all 3 seasons. Great show. Can anybody tell me who sings the song "everybody rules the world" currently advertised on history channel.

Funny that, i've seen every episode but have only just finished Season 2

Dude I am telling you 3 seasons exist. Just watched them on tablet. If ya want i can tell you how it ends. Anyhow any chance you can answer the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Dude I am telling you 3 seasons exist. Just watched them on tablet. If ya want i can tell you how it ends. Anyhow any chance you can answer the question?

Just out of interest how does season 3 end? By any chance is it with
    Ragnar killing King Horrik and becoming king himself
    ?

i don't know the answer but i do know that season 3 DOES NOT EXIST...YET

Filming is starting this month

scudzilla wrote: »
    i don't know the answer but i do know that season 3 DOES NOT EXIST...YET

Filming is starting this month

Ok I am probably gonna get in a setious domestic over this but heading up to get tsblet off wife.....bac in 5

P_1 wrote: »
    Just out of interest how does season 3 end? By any chance is it with
    Ragnar killing King Horrik and becoming king himself
    ?

Thats how season 3 ends for me on the tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Thats how season 3 ends for me on the tablet

That'd be season 2 so. Sounds like someone mistitled the copy ye have on the tablet.

P_1 wrote: »
    That'd be season 2 so. Sounds like someone mistitled the copy ye have on the tablet.

Apologies scudzilla and to you p

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

If Floki didnt betray Ragnar, why did he stuff Rollo with the mushrooms? No-one guarded Rollo either when they were under attack.
    Just for the craic ?!

• Advertisement

royster999 wrote: »
    If Floki didnt betray Ragnar, why did he stuff Rollo with the mushrooms? No-one guarded Rollo either when they were under attack.
    Just for the craic ?!

You see him picking 2 different mushrooms. I assumed that they were healing mushrooms of some sort

Advertisement