Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominicon-2013, Sat Nov 16, 2013. UMvC3, SSF4AE, TTT2 & SSBM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

J (Sorry Tekken people but I don't have a TTT2 disc if a patch is needed).

slow-lol-zoom.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I don't think any of us uses DLC characters tho (Kuni is there already isn't she?) And I dropped Miharu so she's not an issue anymore.

I'm taking my PS3 as well anyway.

No Kuni was one of the pre-order characters so to get her you need to have the game patched and I aint playing unless I have Kuni, she's ma gurl.

But you can't really run a tournament on an unpatched machine going by the logic that nobody plays the DLC characters. That's just bad etiquette.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

1. It's a non game so it doesn't matter

And B, needs must. if you bring a patched console with all the schtuff on it, things become easier. We literally don't have it. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

Has it been fully decided what console we are running Tekken on yet? Kuro said that he is bringing his ps3 so we can run it off that.

Since people are bringing PS3's for it, I see no reason not to have Tekken on that console.
    Just to confirm I will be bringing a lagless monitor and an xbox patched for SSF4AE2012 and UMvC3 (Sorry Tekken people but I don't have a TTT2 disc if a patch is needed).

I will basically just be using my own set up smile.png

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

Useful Links for people travelling to Dominicon:

Train
    http://tinyurl.com/nhqmbq7 - map with directions from stations to union on campus

www.irishrail.ie

Bus 66 & 67
    http://tinyurl.com/n4qdbnx - timetable 66

http://tinyurl.com/nmnuz79 - timetable 67

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Will Tekken be on PS3 or on Xbox? I can't really work an Xbox controller!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

spriral wrote: »
    Since people are bringing PS3's for it, I see no reason not to have Tekken on that console.
    Newaglish wrote: »
    Will Tekken be on PS3 or on Xbox? I can't really work an Xbox controller!

Looking like PS3.

However for your own sanity, I would suggest looking into something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/xbox-to-ps3-controller-adapter

Otherwise you're only preventing yourself from joining in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Well not exactly because the extra chars are technically part of the patch so you need the most up to date version to have all the characters.

Has it been fully decided what console we are running Tekken on yet? Kuro said that he is bringing his ps3 so we can run it off that.

I am confirmed bringing my PS3 with Tekken completely up to date. You're welcome to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I will as well with TTT2 up to date for casuals or w/e.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

Nice one Fergus and Kuro, you can count me in on Saturday for TTT2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and perhaps drunkenly heckling Fergus during winners final or something in Tekken!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and perhaps drunkenly heckling Fergus during winners final or something in Tekken!

I like the idea of this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Starting to get pretty hype about this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Damn, can't make this. Looking forward to the replays.

D:<

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Damn, can't make this.....

s-GAY-VIDEO-GAMES-large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Can't make this.
    **** SUSI.

I've to spend the wkend back home sieving through documents before the deadline of next wednesday.
    I should be around in the morning if you guys need any extra gear, or whatever, so that offer's still open to you, but I'll be out of maynooth by 2~ish I'd say.

Best of luck to everyone and hope everyone has a great time.

Oh that sucks :(

I might be 15-20 mins late since I arrive in Maynooth at 1:30, can someone sign me up for ae and ttt2? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

If someone could put me down for AE that'd be sweet. I'm on the way now but I expect to get a bit lost on the way.

• Advertisement

GGs to everyone, especially Kuro, really nice play in the end, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Fergus_ wrote: »
    GGs to everyone, especially Kuro, really nice play in the end, well deserved.

Get bodied, Scrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

Hey guys I just want to thank everyone who turned up. Glad that everyone enjoyed themselves and hoping that more are interested and or able available to come next year. Though I'm sure us hosting Tekken had to do with a good amount of the turn out.

Standings as far as I can remember.

Marvel
    1. Danny - I think. Someone confirm.
    2. Bento

AE
    1. The beast magee
    2. Aj

Melee
    1. Japanese dude. Name unknown
    2. Deadeyedave

Tekken
    1. Kuro Tao
    2. The beast magee

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Deadeyefraud! What happened man?

No one went for Marvel then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Deadeyefraud! What happened man?

Melee had a pretty good turnout (which seems to be Melee's thing), and we got a ringer in the form of Mr Kohei Yokobori.

I put him in losers, but then he beasted his way back through the bracket, and reset the grand finals.

It was a great series of games that I ultimately lost, but it was probably the best set of melee I ever played. Very enjoyable.

Marred only by the fact that when my back was against the wall and I was one life away from being clean swept in the reset.... Kohei accidentally killed himself.

THEN when I brought it back to tournament point for the both of us, in the last game, last stock, "next kill wins the tournament situation"....I accidentally killed myself.

Take out those two anticlimactic suicides, and it would have been a perfect set.

Still a great day though!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No one went for Marvel then?

No I just totally and legitly made my way into grand finals. Definitely didn't fraud my way there by playing a bunch of guys who don't play the game, that definitely didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

So pissed that I missed this.
    You've actually no idea how sick I was that I had to sacrifice a tournament in a pub!, in my back-garden (so to speak) for a wkend back home sieving through ****ing documents and going through government legislation with a fine-toothed-comb....

Anyways,
    Just wanted to say that the Tekken final was really great to watch lads.
    Some great play and intense moments.
    Really gotta give major props to Kuro for bringin it back!
    I really thought 'ol Gussy had it in the bag after the Winners Final match.

Congrats to both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I just got a place in Maynooth if you're ever up for some games dude?

I have to seriously practice after an 8 month dry streak..... Just need 1 month to kick everyone's asses again!

• Advertisement

And I've been rinsing ever since! Let's go! :D

Advertisement