Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarification/Apology.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dudess wrote: »
    :confused: - Yes there has...

Dudess, I never thought he was having a dig at Neil. In order for that he would have had to take into consideration someone else's feelings. No I don't think he considered anyones feelings besides his own before he made that post. Yes, I definitely think it showed a complete lack of thought, even the tiny amount required to intentionally insult someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

:confused: - Yes there has...

Has there? I think most people can see it as callous, ghoulish and pathetic. There were very few posts interpreting it any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Look we're never all going to agree happily on this matter. What's done is done so why don't we all just move along and leave this matter behind us. If you have an issue with TerrorFirmer bitching about it here isn't going to help you or what's been already done.

Lock the thread, keep our opinions about the OP to ourselves and get on with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Talliesin wrote: »
    Has there? I think most people can see it as callous, ghoulish and pathetic. There were very few posts interpreting it any other way.

You forgot "worthy of the deepest contempt" from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

nesf wrote: »
    You forgot "worthy of the deepest contempt" from the list.

Give it a rest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I find it ironic that if TM were talking about any other randomer on the street then most would probably be giving him the thumps up.

He chose to post the wrong thing in the wrong thread. Big woop!

Chill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Thats the entire point, he wasn't talking about some random bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

For ****'s sake, this is just dancing on a man's grave. I hope to Christ none of his family are reading it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

For ****'s sake, this is just dancing on a man's grave. I hope to Christ none of his family are reading it.

I agree - so much for the new feedback mods.

Fair play to TF for the apology but letting this bickering continue is just downright disrespectful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Yes it is.

Both sides have spoken, everyone is raw, emotions are high. OP has apologised, it may not be accepted by some, but whats done is done.

If its not going to be locked or deleted can we at least let it die.

This is achieving nothing but highlighting and airing private and personal information regarding a member of the community on a public forum. There was almost 2000 people on boards last night, i think, a fraction would have seen this, if you keep the thread alive another fraction may see it tonight and so forth.

This is highly inappropriate and to echo Dudess i hope the fcuk his family are not reading this. There doesnt have to be a last word in this, all points are taken, the bigger person will let it go and if there has to be a last word let it be this.

Rest In Peace Logic1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Jesus, some saturday night you lot are having. Delete the threads imo. Respect.

Give it a rest.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The only person thats not dragging this sad issue along any further is TF. One post only in this thread.

It appears that it is others here who are hell bent on not giving it a rest.

Maybe a lot of you should practice what you preach.

nesf wrote: »
    I agree.
    :rolleyes:
    SteveC wrote: »
    so much for the new feedback mods.
    To be fair to them, it's the Saturday night of a bank holiday weekend. Obviously if even one of them were online tonight, something would be done about this.

:rolleyes:

I was indicating that he was right and I was taking it too far rather than just staying silent and not having to admit I was wrong. I can see how that was misread.

Oh right, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Apologies and Clarifications are two very different things.

One is centered on other peoples feelings he other is centered on your own feelings.

If you want to apologize, then say sorry, I shouldn't have posted that and leave your feelings out of it.

If you want to defend yourself, done't dress it up to be an apology, it is insulting, in this context it is disrespectful and it just annoys people more and makes you look worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

muffler wrote: »
    The only person thats not dragging this sad issue along any further is TF. One post only in this thread.

It appears that it is others here who are hell bent on not giving it a rest.

Maybe a lot of you should practice what you preach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've read TerrorFirmer's posts over the years on this site, and he seems to be a fairly level headed, honest person.

I don't think he meant anything bad at all. He was simply pointing out the reality of the situation. I don't think it was the right thread to do that, but he's hardly evil or a bastard for doing what he did. Maybe a bit insensitive, but that's hardly a reason to shun him.

Too many people take things way too personally on this site.

He's sorry. He acknowledges he was in the wrong. It's time to accept and move forward.

Yep. And sometimes a clarification is simply an explanation to people who might want one - it's not always about someone only taking their own feelings into account. It smacks of cynicism to say that.
    TerrorFirmer has never struck me as an unreasonable poster either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yep. And sometimes a clarification is simply an explanation to people who might want one - it's not always about someone only taking their own feelings into account. It smacks of cynicism to say that.
    TerrorFirmer has never struck me as an unreasonable poster either.

You know what Dudess, you have more posts in this thread than anyone else. How about you stop posting and let it die.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement