Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

http://avoidingthepuddle.squarespace.com/news/2015/9/15/bandai-namco-entertainment-europe-announces-tekken-7-at-utxv.html

Europe finally gets some love. Two arcade stations of T7 will be playable at UT XVI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna explore T7 Asuka as much as I can for my TZ threads then be sad at how nerfed she got. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Not exactly hot off the presses but Tekken 7 was confirmed for a PS4 console release at parisgamesweekly expo recently.

It was announced for "Home Platforms" and although PS4 was the only one mentioned they did not say PS4 exclusive... which pretty much confirms it will be coming out for at least one other home platform. That is either XBO or PC... or both if we're lucky. They might got the SF way, who knows.

What is exclusive though is the VR functionality. Some virtual reality modes will be exclusive to the PS4 version with Project Morpheus the VR headset with the highest consumer brand awareness yet the most critical feedback from VR developers.

I'm expecting to be able to look under Ling's skirt and spectate fights either live of saved replays but as if I'm in the crowd in the backgrounds. So prepare to see Katarina's fat ass wall-splat on your face. None of this is announced to be what they're going to do with VR... but god damn is the only thing I want... mainly observing fights as a real spectator. Camera hacks are the thing I've wanted the most ever since I saw them in the Tekken 6 trailers. I always thought it would be amazing to see Tekken, one of the best 3D fighters, in an actual 3D perspective. We always got a split second of a bird's eye view when rounds just started and thats been teasing me for the longest time.

But... this is PS4 exclusive VR stuff so I won't ever experience or perhaps even get to play this game. If it gets a PC release hopefully we can mod it back if they leave the VR stuff in some files. Or do camera hacks to achieve something even remotely similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

So, will quirkeys be getting tekken 7 cab ? :pac:

^ If they do I'll definitely have to make a trip to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

There's a big Tekken 5 cab in Shannon airport.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

^ If they do I'll definitely have to make a trip to Dublin.

I was joking, they have VF5 though :rolleyes:
    Rob2D wrote: »
    There's a big Tekken 5 cab in Shannon airport.

True story.

word on the street there's one in superdome in palmerstown too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Explains a missing character in SFV anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Would love to see some Tekken chars join SFV

• Advertisement

ah, finally an considerable update to Tekken 7. New costumes, new stages, new graphic updates. Easily the prettiest-looking current fighter at the moment.

Only thing I was hoping for that was absent, was again, a release date. But I'm very confident it'll be out in Q3/Q4 of 2016 at the very latest.

Doyler01 wrote: »

You guys can get Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That would be so awesome, imagine if they made a whole game of crossovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Stop stop, now you're just talking crazy. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That would be some gem of a game.

That trailer was sick! I can't believe there's a SF guest character. What does this mean for The TekkenXSF sequel?

Too bad no platform or release date info at the end. I guess it's still hugely arcade focussed right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doriya!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

All we need to know is

BonyMarriedElephantseal.gif

Fergus_ wrote: »
    All we need to know is

I'd rather know how she's sliding her bike smoothly over all that broken wood. :pac:

tekken7-fated-retribution-screenshot5.jpg

That's some graphical upgrade.

• Advertisement

In fairness that model looks fantastic, much more impressive than "TTT2 with shinier bits" like it was. Surprised to see such an overhaul.

If only they'd stop cluttering the games with all this new nonsense that makes me not want to actually play them.

I wonder if physics and floor breaks dropping frames has been fixed. I'd also like to see floor break physics remain persistently volatile instead of freezing in place after some time. Would be awesome to see Tekken footwork push the environment around.

It's a bit crazy that the snow level doesn't have any movement either. No footprints, no snow being pushed around when someone gets floored. T6 had that on 7th gen consoles. With UE4 current hardware we should be seeing snow stick to the clothes. Oh well, whatever... As long as they release it on PC I'll be happy as a clown. :D

Now that projectiles are in there's no way Eliza won't be back, right?

I wonder if physics and floor breaks dropping frames has been fixed. I'd also like to see floor break physics remain persistently volatile instead of freezing in place after some time. Would be awesome to see Tekken footwork push the environment around.

It's a bit crazy that the snow level doesn't have any movement either. No footprints, no snow being pushed around when someone gets floored. T6 had that on 7th gen consoles. With UE4 current hardware we should be seeing snow stick to the clothes. Oh well, whatever... As long as they release it on PC I'll be happy as a clown. :D

Now that projectiles are in there's no way Eliza won't be back, right?

Maybe we'll see upgraded graphical effects on PC :pac:

Maybe we'll see upgraded graphical effects on PC :pac:

Hah. The kind of stuff I mentioned could be pulled off on consoles if done right anyway. I'm not too interested in graphic intesnity as I am presentation and features. That said higher resolution or detail in characters' skin and clothes could be nice and the ability to turn on/off certain graphical filters or post processing is important these days. DMC4:SE had disgusting motion blur that could only be turned off by hex editing the .exe.

Making the game scalable to lower-end machines is important for a FG too, though. If low-spec gaming laptops and desktops can play it easily it means more players and more portability for the game. So it would be cool to see deep scaling options and not just resolution which you;d really want to keep native to whatever the res is of display.

I'm curious about detailed specs of the arcade cabinets' displays and gut hardware, too. I do know they're running on a PC engine but I can't find the tweet. Here's a recent one I did find, though.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/676250245810917376

Would love to see that Playstation VR stuff come to PC. I always wanted to see a tekken fight from the perspective of background audience :D Although the VR sounds exclusive to PS4 so might have to camhack that one.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/1/15/tekken-7-fated-retribution-location-tests-being-held-on-feb.html

Loke tests being held on Feb 12-14. We'll be getting to see Akuma (and some other new chars, perhaps) pretty soon.

Looks like Harada has been watching some Kill Bill recently...

Looks like Harada has been watching some Kill Bill recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone care to guess when this will be coming out?

• Advertisement

Literal waifu. God bless the Tekken team.

Advertisement