Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Jack is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Hey a wallsplat grab, well that suits his play style.

CH f+2 giving a true combo into ff+4 as well; just what Jack needed, given the removal of the back roll catch.

Macal wrote: »
    CH f+2 giving a true combo into ff+4 as well; just what Jack needed, given the removal of the back roll catch.

It already does that... (as of TR)

It already does that... (as of TR)

Never knew that. I've played less than 2 hours of TR.

• Advertisement

I decided to use it to get to know his moves (Jack's)
    I know him quite well at this stage, I was keeping one eye on what they might do for him in T7, it seems they've not messed him around too much.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/5/14/tekken-7-regarding-the-change-to-the-sidestepping.html

Hmm... this is a bit of questionable change.

First off, I do remember hearing JDCR saying something about there being lag in the online of the arcade version which was factor in there being certain moves that you couldn't ss like Kazuya's EWGF. I wonder if the actual sidestep nerf is somewhat less than what the arcade versions have.

In TTT2 I think ss is perfect the way it is. Was it an issue for anybody? Not for me at least. I do using like ss whiff punish setups a lot, mind you.

The worst part I find that is the possibility is re-learning the entire-cast again to see what tracks where and what doesn't. One of the appeals to T7 to me is to be nearly tournament-ready on Day One with the majority cast learnt already.

you kinda need to do that anyways, it's really only ever been tekken 3~TTT and T6~TTT2 that there hasn't been substantial reworks of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I heard you can't block during SS at all, so SS~B isn't possible anymore which ruins a LOT of option selects.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

The nerfing of SS coupled with the fact that almost every character's tracking moves now launch is a clear indication of their desire to stop lateral movement overall

@ Neil
    I think the SS in TTT2 is a little too good.
    I was recently talking with a few top Hwo players and they were all saying how they need to use B+4 (Hwo's tracking move) about 70% of the time because SS is such an issue.
    Overall, I think somewhere between t6 and TTT2 movement would be my ideal.

In the avoiding the puddle link they mentioned that it is necessary to to tap 'd' and then 'b'...
    I wonder if electric-SS cancelling is the way to go.

@ Aurongroove
    I disagree with the T6->TTT2 assesment. As a result of the improved SS a lot of attacks lost the partial tracking that they did.
    Everyone needed to be relearnt and I definitely had to change the frequency (and purpose) for a lot of the attacks that I used.

• Advertisement

Well yeah, I suppose that is true.
    The worst thing about going from one tekken to the next is the reams and reams of nearly-sort-of tracking moves; the ones that perhaps don't have tracking built in but connect sometimes due to a big hit box, or a funny distance or because of realignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Sidestepping in TTT2 is a bit overpowered IMO. Sometimes you can go into matches and just sidestep for the craic and your opponent will mostly not connect at all. Should force turtles to be more offensive as well. I'll welcome the change if it happens.

Some day one Jack gameplay from Zeugaru at Japanese arcades.

Spin-moves asides, Jack seems nearly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Some day one Jack gameplay from Zeugaru at Japanese arcades.

Spin-moves asides, Jack seems nearly the same.

See at 6:51
    it looks like he can now do a d+1+2 immediately after FC~df1+2 like at the end of his 10 hit string.

It looks like they're pushing his ff+4 for big damage (his forward thrusting kick), it's looks big in context to the rest of the damage scaling.

Hey look, it's a Mishima that Fergus might be able to play properly :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Tiger, Uppercut.

I was thinking the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kazumi's music sounds incredibly good. Speaking of music... anyone think Tekken Tunes will make a return for the eventual home-platform release?

And any news/updates on the home platform releases yet? I've got the seppuku starter kit ready for when I'm told it's not coming to PC. :pac:

Some Day One vids of Kazumi.

• Advertisement

Dat DF2

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/6/3/tekken-7-arcade-online-update-g15-is-now-active.html

Looks like we might be getting unique customizations again, a la T6.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/6/3/tekken-7-arcade-online-update-g15-is-now-active.html

Looks like we might be getting unique customizations again, a la T6.

Lucky Chloe with Idolm@ster customs, let's go!

I hope they continue the tradition of giving Yoshi the most ****ed up LSD customs from planet ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Which game would be best used to train for T7, TTT2 or Revolution?

Which game would be best used to train for T7, TTT2 or Revolution?

TTT2 has an excellent practice mode featuring all of the veteran characters that have been confirmed for T7. There is also a solo mode if you don't want to bother using tag.

TR has a bootleg practice mode and is missing some key veteran characters like Yoshi. I would go for TTT2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doesn't T7 play more like Revolution though?

Doesn't T7 play more like Revolution though?

Yes and no.

TR has the absence of back roll catch and the introduction of backwalk like T7.

Frames in TR are different to TTT2 and T7. A lot of attacks are much safer in TR where they would be normally punishable in other Tekken titles. Such to a point where I would consider it counterintuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Not gonna lie kinda excited for the customizations this time around xD

• Advertisement

If you wanna play Tekken, play TTT2.

If you wanna play Buckaroo, play TR.

61TOfbPGZHL._SY300_.jpg

Advertisement