Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

my 4 year old.
    Getting ready to Montessori.
    Daddy is busy to drop her of so i suggest that i will drive the car.
    She turns around so shocked " NO mammy! You cant drive the car, only boys can drive the car..."

Made my day up.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

its my sons birthday and me and his daddy brought him out and got him Jurassic world dinosaurs :) the smile on his face all the way home was priceless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My little fella's new thing when he's annoyed with me is to say "I love you mammy, but stop *whatever it is that is annoying him*"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Was gently bouncing my 3 month old girl on my knee this morning and she laughed for the first time. Its contagious :)

my other 3 year old made me laugh the other day when her grandad asked her where she is from. She said "Ireland". He looked at her proudly and said "oh really" and she said "yea its near tescos"!

She has a cold at the moment too and she said she has a tummyache in her nose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Bad day in work, not happy in the job, stuck in traffic, but the minute I see her face it will all be forgotten <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

My 2 year old rubbed my face in bed this morning. Then sat up with a serious look in his face and says your beautiful mammy. I wanted to cry 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

my little boy (just 2) asks to see dino****s. (Dinotrux is netflix series). Hard not to smile...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Watching the rugby yesterday with my 3 1/2 year old daughter on my lap. Went to check something on my phone and turned back to the telly to see Australia with a penalty, said out loud "how did they get that" daughter replies "the 'Genteena' guy knocked it on". Replay confirmed she was right. The last few weeks of rugby have sunk in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

My DS2 and his teammates won their county minor hurling final today, he's absolutely thrilled with himself and they're gone out celebrating the year's hard work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My little girl is 7 weeks old today and she's currently smiling away to herself in her sleep. I love watching her and wondering what she's thinking about. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I had a mega busy day yesterday and didn't get to see much of my 6 month old then her daddy was up with her this morning. When I walked into the sitting room and said good morning to her the huge bounces and laughs she did in her jumperoo were the cutest things ever <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 21 month old just said "mama best ever" :)

I just told my 3 year old that she is so cute. She was not happy with this. She said "no I'm not cute" so I said "well what are you then?" and she said "bootiful".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

So this morning I have my head down the toilet courtesy of my 21 mth olds future little sibling. My little boy comes in and puts his hand on my shoulder and then starts rubbing my hair. Awh

Then he sticks his head down the loo and starts coughing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

So this morning I have my head down the toilet courtesy of my 21 mth olds future little sibling. My little boy comes in and puts his hand on my shoulder and then starts rubbing my hair. Awh

Then he sticks his head down the loo and starts coughing!:D
    theres nothing like some sympathy from a child, they are so sincere when giving it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yesterday we were asking our son who he played with in school. I asked him if he plays with D any more and he said that D went to Africa then he said no, in fact he went to China. My 2.5 year old daughter says I've got a China (she's obsessed since she learned she's got a vagina!). She then says I've got 2 Chinas and so do you mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Spread the love

My 2 year old has started making Chicken Hurry in her kitchen for dinner. I just can't seem to tell her that it's Chicken Curry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My almost one-year-old had his first full day at the childminder's yesterday. I wasn't sure how he'd be as we've only left him with family before, but he had the absolute time of his life! It's a big relief :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm working all weekend to a deadline so my husband went with my 3 year old to the in-laws. Before they left, L gave me a hug, patted my head and said "Don't worry mammy, I'll never forget you! Don't cry when you're by yourself in the house, I'll call you on the phone!"
    I melted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 4 1/2 year old was singing Queen We will we will rock you in the car the other day.
    Gets in the car last night and there was a fella asking for Queen WWWWRY as his kids have been singing it lately.Well teh little fella started singing in the back it was gas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

dubstarr wrote: »
    My 4 1/2 year old was singing Queen We will we will rock you in the car the other day.

Haha. Yesterday in the car our 20 month old was head banging to Radio Gaga. He also joins in on the clapping parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Queen resurrected haha

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Haha. Yesterday in the car our 20 month old was head banging to Radio Gaga. He also joins in on the clapping parts.

Funny, you know I was watching a queen documentary before and apparently Rodger Meadows Taylor was inspired to write the song because he heard his son saying "radio ca-ca" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

My 5 year old informed us he was going to be an elf when he grows up & work in the toy shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Funny, you know I was watching a queen documentary before and apparently Rodger Meadows Taylor was inspired to write the song because he heard his son saying "radio ca-ca" :)

You left out the important bit - that his wife was a furriner, so ca-ca means;

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/caca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

My 6 yr old came to me recently and said "mammy I don't want to get married when I grow up. I just want to stay in this family forever". Really adorable moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My almost three year old gave me a hug the other day while saying:

"I cuggle [cuddle] mamma cause I love her"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

My two year old saw that I had writing on the back of my hand and thought I'd hurt myself, he got very concerned, then kissed it and said 'now, all better'.

xalot wrote: »
    My two year old saw that I had writing on the back of my hand and thought I'd hurt myself, he got very concerned, then kissed it and said 'now, all better'.

Awh children are so sympathetic.

When I was having my first scan for my now 4 month old, my then two and a half year old came with me.

So I got up on the table and the doctor started doing the scan and my child looked shocked and seemed to have a realisation and said "your a broken toy"

She'd been watching a bit too much Doc McStuffin at the time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

My head might just explode with the cuteness of this!

It's a side-by-side comparison of my son with my dad's dad (he died long before I was born) at the same age.

They are identical! And adorable. Lookit the little dress!!!

Advertisement