Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip Hop 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Always mad under-rated, one of the best rappers to come out of the south the last decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm delighted to see that STS is being mentioned on here. It seems a lifetime ago that I watched him on the SXSW stream in 2012.

I'm playing the album now. It sounds great so far. I love how he sounds. Everything he has put out is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

http://time.com/3891896/lady-gaga-kendrick-lamar-paryt-nauseous-track-leak-collaboration/

Kendrick Lamar ft Lady Gaga - Partynauseous (Leftover from GKMC )

Not sure whether this belongs in Hip Hop 2015 or 2012 :P

Love kendrick on this and the beat is excellent!! Gagas voice is just annoying though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

pone2012 wrote: »
    http://time.com/3891896/lady-gaga-kendrick-lamar-paryt-nauseous-track-leak-collaboration/

Kendrick Lamar ft Lady Gaga - Partynauseous (Leftover from GKMC )

Not sure whether this belongs in Hip Hop 2015 or 2012 :P

Love kendrick on this and the beat is excellent!! Gagas voice is just annoying though :/

I am almost a fan of everything Kendrick does, and this is no different. The beat is excellent, very ethereal.

GaGa does hooks like nobody else, she is a genius hit maker and I like her input on it also. It's good to see two very different styles mesh together so well. Although, given Kendrick's latest album, he is proving to be more than your run of the mill rapper in terms of stylistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

A$AP Rocky's new album is up on Spotify today, anyone give it a listen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

A$AP Rocky's new album is up on Spotify today, anyone give it a listen?

Just finished it there. I'm impressed, a few very nice tracks on it I must say, defiantly worth a listen. Joe Fox who features on a fair few songs is very impressive too, kills the hooks. Btw listen out for the Rita Ora diss on " Better days", rocky doesnt hold back at all :pac:.

In all one of the better albums of 2015, standout tracks so far for me:

Pharsyde
    Max B
    Excuse me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It has been a crazy 8 months for this guy, he's gone from nothing to being No.2 for 3 consecutive weeks on the Billboard Hip Hop Charts;

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I dont think I'll be listening to Fetty Wap again, that was torture for me to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Haven't heard from Wax in a while but damn it was worth the wait. He beat up this track like it owed him money!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I dont think I'll be listening to Fetty Wap again, that was torture for me to listen to.

Glad I'm not the only one. Usually I can tolerate the mainstream trap stuff like Bobby Shmurda and the like but that was hideous.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I would strongly suggest, no, no, implore that everyone listen to the Donny Trumpet & The Social Experiment album called Surf that was released yesterday. This is Chance The Rappers latest project. It is incredible listening.

http://www.datpiff.com/Donnie-Trumpet-The-Social-Experiment-Surf-mixtape.712394.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Ditto on the SoX album, well worth a listen.

http://www.djbooth.net/index/news/entry/2015-06-02-social-experiment-surf-liner-notes a who's who, good to put names and associations to the the people (like sulamain for example)

Also remember jay-rock https://soundcloud.com/topdawgent/money-trees-deuce

Really like the new Jedi Mind Tricks album. Stoupe is a beast and its nice to hear Vinnie switch up his flow on a few tracks. Seems like he didn't want to be outshined too much by RA and Afro on that track they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Need to listen to JMT new ish ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Really like this new Seth Sentry album (!).

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Need to listen to JMT new ish ASAP.

My God what a class album! I couldn't believe the amount of references to Horror Author (and my favourite author) Clive Barker.
    Nearly lists all of his books in the first verse and the track title is a definite nod.

I'm afraid to listen to the new JMT album, I kind of get excited, listen, realise it's just Vinny Paz shouting again and repeating the stuff over and over again. Then never really return to the album.
    Is this any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm afraid to listen to the new JMT album, I kind of get excited, listen, realise it's just Vinny Paz shouting again and repeating the stuff over and over again. Then never really return to the album.
    Is this any different?

Not really, but like the new snoop at least there is better production/beats.

• Advertisement

The new Czarface album is good...liked it a lot better than the first one.

Finally new material from Fort Minor. Though what's most interesting about this is the technology used for the video. 360 degree technology that lets you look about by moving your phone as you would when taking a photo or by swiping your finger on the screen.

Oh, and the songs not too bad!

Yay Fort Minor! Nice tune but that video is amazing!

The new Large Pro album is great. Superb production and great rapping as is to be expected.

The new Large Pro album is great. Superb production and great rapping as is to be expected.

I'm hesitant about listening to it, but with that glowing report I'll give it a spin

You should kind of stop what you are listening to and listen to the new Vince Staples album, it's pretty farking good.

http://www.npr.org/2015/06/21/414701194/first-listen-vince-staples-summertime-06

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

Any word on Pusha T's latest effort? I think the most recent due date announced was June 30th, though there's been little or no mention of the album in the last few weeks, haven't seen much in the way of promo of any sort. It doesn't appear to have dropped yet anyway :( Psyched for this release, absolutely loved MNIMN.

Just listened to the Large Pro album. It's exactly what I expected, great beats, decent raps....but nothing stellar.

Listening to Dom Kennedy by Dom Kennedy at the moment (and last night), pretty good album, fairly smooth and laid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

This is what happens when Method Man watches too much Breaking Bad:

His new album "The Meth Lab" drops August 21th.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't be fair to showcase Mef's new video without showing the ying to his yang Redmans video

Advertisement