Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid paying for Eircom price after increase – Save more than 50%

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

testicle wrote: »
    Did you have an engineer visit?

I've done the same, engineer due Monday for some reason. I've the Vodafone connected, but I'm still getting an Eircom IP address for some reason.

A fibre install requires a home visit to replace the NTU (master socket). You will only get broadband from this socket when done and another phone extensions will be filtered from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

A fibre install requires a home visit to replace the NTU (master socket). You will only get broadband from this socket when done and another phone extensions will be filtered from it

I already have fibre. I'm moving from eFibre to Vodafone's Fibre.

I already have fibre. I'm moving from eFibre to Vodafone's Fibre.

Then they're most likely sending one to move you to another port in the cab, still requires a home visit to confirm all is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Did you have an engineer visit?

I've done the same, engineer due Monday for some reason. I've the Vodafone connected, but I'm still getting an Eircom IP address for some reason.

No engineer visit...just plugged in and getting a Vodafone ip

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

I switched to Vodafone too, saving €10 per month. The modem arrived quickly and a week later the eircom modem stopped working so I just plugged in the Vodafone one and I was away.

The only real concern I have is that, Eircom sent me a bill online, but when I log onto pay it, it says my account has ceased so I have no way of paying it. Also I insisted on being sent paper bills so I've no idea why they decided to send me an email about one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

How did you get the confirmation letter. Did you ask for it or did they issue it automatically.

I spoke to their call centre and the contact accepted the cancellation request. I asked that they send confirmation by email but they said that they couldn't. Wondering if I need to request confirmation by post.

They also mentioned that they will make a break charge but will out a note on my account and when I then call up, this charge will be removed. Sounds stupid.

I've phoned eircom to leave my contract as per price increase and they agreed to same and confirmed by letter. Vodafone won't even start the ball rolling on my switch because I'm efibre. They said they'd do it if I was on standard broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I switched from eircom to sky over a month ago and I am still getting billed by eircom(last pound of flesh).
    90euros for last bill typically 56 previously .
    nullifying saving somewhat!
    WTF???
    just got it today (sunday) in email.
    anyone else get stung like this?:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭seanin4711

seanin4711 wrote: »
    I switched from eircom to sky over a month ago and I am still getting billed by eircom(last pound of flesh).
    90euros for last bill typically 56 previously .
    nullifying saving somewhat!
    WTF???
    just got it today (sunday) in email.
    anyone else get stung like this?:mad::mad::mad:

I cancelled eircom prior to 12th feb(when sky took the line over) and according to them(because they have no record of me cancelling) I owe them money 2-3months worth!.
    their word against mine!

crowd of eejits.

I called eircom after i got off the phone with sky and requested cancellation and they asked me was i moving to another provider and i stated YES!!!

DO I have to record all my conversations with utility companies as the could tend to loose conversations when it suits them?

Bills kept on coming throughout up until recently when i called them and explained that
    I cancelled eirom upon receipt of the email and had 30days to do so.
    Then signed up with sky .
    hunky dory or so it would seem,They "ahhem" forgot to cancel me.
    Not a penny am i paying them.
    GOt off the phone with a rep and she said it would be cancelled there and then and they cannot waive the outstanding monies until the final bill.
    bad bad customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I've had billing issues since leaving eircom. First was the early cancellation but we all knew about that and they refunded it as soon as the bill arrived but they continued to bill me for the phone even though I was most definitely with sky since then.

Said it was held in limbo and they couldn't be more helpful. 5 minutes later I got a call back to say it's credited back and my account is closed.

Yes they're a lot of people out there who might bin the bill without reading it and the dd would leave their account.

Quick call to 1901 and it was sorted in mins.

My dealings with Eircom were the complete opposite Beer Baron, as were my 73 year old fathers. The many months of hassle and hardship which they put me through while trying to receive a service which I was already paying for were minor in comparison to the harassment and bullying which my father had to endure.

For the latter reason I swore that Id never give Eircom my business as long as I live.

But Id love 10 mins with the wánker who tortured and bullied my father....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Sorry to hear all the bad news. I'm only here to see what deals you boardsies are lining up for me when my 18 month Eircom Friends and Family contract runs out at Christmas :). I can't fault the service-the eFibre broadband really does its stuff and the eVision tv is fine (when I get to use it). But I too have an Eircom story (store employee signed me up to the wrong pay plan) that meant that I ended up ringing the unhelpful customer service dept too many times, feeling helpless as 'it's not on my computer madam', and the store not giving me evidence of their mistake. I won't bore you with the story. The problem was fixed instore eventually (even the employees seemed interested to know how I was getting on with customer service?!?), but the whole episode has left me willing to drop Eircom, again 5 years later, like a hot potato.
    So keep us posted.
    Apparently we'll have a new superfast broadband option too by the end of the year thanks to 'the ESB' and Vodafone. I'll be watching....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just a note to peeps on here (and from a long long previous experience with eircom)

If you are switching from one company to another, do NOT rely on the new company dealing with your account cancellation with the old company.

It is the customers job to inform a company if you are leaving their service and this is only solid if done in writing and only writing. A phone call will not suffice in most instances as recordings can be "lost" as previously stated on here.

It takes a couple of minutes to bang off a letter or email and worth the hasstle if any problems arise later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭padair

Access wrote: »
    Just a note to peeps on here (and from a long long previous experience with eircom)

If you are switching from one company to another, do NOT rely on the new company dealing with your account cancellation with the old company.

It is the customers job to inform a company if you are leaving their service and this is only solid if done in writing and only writing. A phone call will not suffice in most instances as recordings can be "lost" as previously stated on here.

It takes a couple of minutes to bang off a letter or email and worth the hasstle if any problems arise later.

Canceled eircom myself and the bill kept coming. I got my final bill but can't login to pay it as my account is closed. Can't even look at the bill and not living g at old address so can see the bill. They won't email me a new one. Spoke on twitter with customer service but they seem to have to interest in taking my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

If ye're having issues with Eircom, I'd suggest using their "Talk To" forum on boards.

It's all well and good ringing up one-on-one, but when it's posted on their own public forum, they tend to be a bit snappier sorting stuff out.

Soarer wrote: »
    If ye're having issues with Eircom, I'd suggest using their "Talk To" forum on boards.

It's all well and good ringing up one-on-one, but when it's posted on their own public forum, they tend to be a bit snappier sorting stuff out.

I have found the opposite to be honest, they normally reply with a pm stating that they cannot talk about the account due to data protection and as they would have to verify who you are etc. The talk to forums are a waste of space in my opinion, unless you have a non account based query that they can answer quickly.

Phoning 1901 is the only proper way of contacting eircom i have found. If they dont help, a quick ring to comreg gets things back on track.

padair wrote: »
    Canceled eircom myself and the bill kept coming. I got my final bill but can't login to pay it as my account is closed. Can't even look at the bill and not living g at old address so can see the bill. They won't email me a new one. Spoke on twitter with customer service but they seem to have to interest in taking my money.

Twitter is useless for contacting them for specific account related help. Just ring their 1901 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Eircom are a terrible company to deal with.

Shocking service and they do nothing they say they will.
    I have been billed incorrectly and am been charged €60 a month for broadband.

Have tried to cancel numerous times as out o 12 months and no joy bills keep coming and money was taken without permission off my credit card nearly €500. Yes €500.

I sent a letter to cancel 3 months ago no joy.

Emailed loads and no joy.

Emailed twice to their complaints department and called after didn't hear anything back after 15 working days and they are to get back within 10 working days.
    Rang to be told oh we see you sent the email but nobody attached to the account so rep says she will put it through again on priority.

This was Friday 2weeks ago and wait for it.....
    No I have not been contacted.

I am deeply concerned and shocked at the whole situation as I expect more bills for a service I have no use of as they have now disconnected which is what I want but not to be charged for it.

Stay clear of eircom.

Absolutely rubbish service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Eircom are a terrible company to deal with.

Shocking service and they do nothing they say they will.
    I have been billed incorrectly and am been charged €60 a month for broadband.

Have tried to cancel numerous times as out o 12 months and no joy bills keep coming and money was taken without permission off my credit card nearly €500. Yes €500.

I sent a letter to cancel 3 months ago no joy.

Emailed loads and no joy.

Emailed twice to their complaints department and called after didn't hear anything back after 15 working days and they are to get back within 10 working days.
    Rang to be told oh we see you sent the email but nobody attached to the account so rep says she will put it through again on priority.

This was Friday 2weeks ago and wait for it.....
    No I have not been contacted.

I am deeply concerned and shocked at the whole situation as I expect more bills for a service I have no use of as they have now disconnected which is what I want but not to be charged for it.

Stay clear of eircom.

Absolutely rubbish service.

They are shocking to deal with alright and seem to have a practice of trying to dupe people into longer contracts by sending letters for a minor change but then when you talk to them they say "Oh dont mind that".

Idiots.

Comreg is the only way to go.

I got a mobile phone number of a guy in there who rang me after complaining to Comreg. Let me know if it's ok to pass that on.

By the way, Comreg are a useless shower of a "company" as well. Fair enough they seem to have a hotline into these companies to get your issue sorted but when it comes to actually putting some manners on these companies they do nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Eircom didnt offer me a cent to stay im glad anyway i now have 82mbs with vodafone and never under 69mbs id imagine that price hike cost them some amount of custom its a shame i was a strong advocate for eircom...their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Access wrote: »
    I have found the opposite to be honest, they normally reply with a pm stating that they cannot talk about the account due to data protection and as they would have to verify who you are etc. The talk to forums are a waste of space in my opinion, unless you have a non account based query that they can answer quickly.

Phoning 1901 is the only proper way of contacting eircom i have found. If they dont help, a quick ring to comreg gets things back on track.

Well each to their own I guess.

I've found their forum to be excellent, and they've always discussed my account once I've verified who I was. Can't see why they wouldn't tbh. Surely that's the whole point of their forum?

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Well each to their own I guess.

I've found their forum to be excellent, and they've always discussed my account once I've verified who I was. Can't see why they wouldn't tbh. Surely that's the whole point of their forum?

This may be in your case but on boards the rep didn't reply for 4days then said he would look into the problem never heard back from after that.

Problem still here.

No broadband as its disconnected but still been billed.

I can't believe how I have been treated and never have I come across any company that's meant to provide a service that is so bad at what they are meant to be some of the best at.

Keep well clear of eircom.

Shocking customer treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Peter File wrote: »
    vodafone do fibre broadband with no line rental for €35 per month. Eircom force you to pay for phone as well.

I have had fibre broadband(naked broadband) only since August 2013 with eircom, no landline, they were charging €40 a month. Advantage is they charge a one-off fee for static ip's, Vodafone charge monthly rental on each static ip.

Mylow wrote: »
    I have had fibre broadband(naked broadband) only since August 2013 with eircom, no landline, they were charging €40 a month. Advantage is they charge a one-off fee for static ip's, Vodafone charge monthly rental on each static ip.

Yes, €6 a month, the reason I refused to sign with them and stuck with Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭randombar

Yes, €6 a month, the reason I refused to sign with them and stuck with Eircom

Yup rip off all right I was signed up to the same.

I've now switched to a VPN service with static IP, cheaper than €72 per year and extra security.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Where's the bargain alert?

Should be Caution STAY AWAY alert.

Advertisement