Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering where boardies are going to get their PS4's? Are they going to buy it online? Buy it from the likes of Gamestop/Smyths/HMV/Xtravision? Or going Amazon/other online retailers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I've pre ordered mine in Smyths toyshop:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Smyths is usually good for the bundles. Got the PS3 launch with them and a new one 2 years ago and worked out cheaper than Gamestop XtraVision etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pre ordered today in gamestop.

Payed twenty off it was told can pay the rest as much as like whenever up until week comes out.

Was also told not to worry to much about bundles because they might not even be doing them??

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Smyths is usually good for the bundles. Got the PS3 launch with them and a new one 2 years ago and worked out cheaper than Gamestop XtraVision etc.

Too true buddy, I found them great always.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Payed twenty off it was told can pay the rest as much as like whenever up until week comes out.

So you can't just show up and pay on release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Got mine at the usual Gamestop in Dun Laoghaire. Closer than town for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I pre-ordered on Gamestop online.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Couldnt we order this from the US? The PS4 isnt region locked - $399 = €299

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Going to go to Gamestop Friday to pre-order. Hoping to pay 20 or so euros a week of it so ill at least have the console mostly paid for come the release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

simons104 wrote: »
    Couldnt we order this from the US? The PS4 isnt region locked - $399 = €299

Delivery would be expensive then it will get stopped by customs on the way in. It then gets hit with a customs handling charge and then the Irish VAT rate on the system price including the shipping costs. Better buying it here.
    Also you'd need an EU power lead for it too.

Including shipping from the US, VAT and the customs fee you are looking at over €400 in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

just pricing a 12gig ps3 there for a friend and it's €177 in Argos, but in Smyths its a whopping 229? Makes me worried about what Symths are going to charge on the PS4!
    Also I've a funny feeling stock is going to be limited on launch due to demand being greater then supply and with the influx of 360 users jumping ship! If demand is great in US/Japan Europe might get pushed out until next year like they did with PS3.

just pricing a 12gig ps3 there for a friend and it's €177 in Argos, but in Smyths its a whopping 229? Makes me worried about what Symths are going to charge on the PS4!
    Also I've a funny feeling stock is going to be limited on launch due to demand being greater then supply and with the influx of 360 users jumping ship! If demand is great in US/Japan Europe might get pushed out until next year like they did with PS3.

No announced release date or time for Japan, it's the US and EU first and then they'll release it in Japan.

shuhei yoshida said that so on a podcast a day or 2 ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Pre-ordered mine at Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Pre-ordered mine in Gamestop as i want to pick it up Day 1 at mid-night release. Plus i used to work there for a bit so they know me, I also told them that i won't be continuing my with my pre-order if i can't get it Day 1 at midnight.

I secured my Pre-order 2 days after the reveal in feb. I'll be damned if little timmy decides he wants a PS4 a day before release and daddy gets him one! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

SMYTHS.

Sony boss speculating that PS4 demand may outstrip supply and there could be shortages after Sony raised their projects PS4 sales following Mondays reactions.
    PlayStation boss Andrew House confirms sales projections boosted ahead of launch following "favorable reaction" to Monday presentation.
    Consumer enthusiasm for the PS4 could lead to supply issues, House noted, saying, "Demand may well outstrip supply."

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/sony-raising-sales-projections-for-playstation-4-6410071/

That's not good news for us Playstation Fans, you would really want guarantees from whoever you pre-order the console from that they will actually have a confirmed supply to cover any pre-orders they may have taken! Maybe if Microsoft change their DRM demands on Xbox 1, some of the 360 fanboys might stick with their Xbox 1 orders!

That's not good news for us Playstation Fans, you would really want guarantees from whoever you pre-order the console from that they will actually have a confirmed supply to cover any pre-orders they may have taken! Maybe if Microsoft change their DRM demands on Xbox 1, some of the 360 fanboys might stick with their Xbox 1 orders!

Guarantees mean nothing at shop level, Sony have final say. Remember PS3 in 2006? Sony pulled the stock ready for the EU launch at the factory level changed it for the US and shipped it there due to shortages in the US. Leaving us to wait till March '07. I can see it happening again. Right now the majority of console gamers in the market for a new console want a PS4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

So we're back to the bad old days of 10 units per store?....no matter i'm 1st on the list in Childers Rd. Limerick.......:D

So we're back to the bad old days of 10 units per store?....no matter i'm 1st on the list in Childers Rd. Limerick.......:D

Nah, we have far less shops now. Look at all the ones that have closed up. We have far more per store than ever.:D

• Advertisement

I wonder would you be better pre-ordering from the likes of Amazon, as if they push out the launch in the EU till next year, you won't have to leave €20 sitting in Gamestops or Smyth''s account!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Preordered from Gamestop in Limerick City centre. I have over 200 paid off it in trades and I'll probably have it all paid off in trades come release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Pre-ordered mine in Smyths, 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Pre-ordered mine in Gamestop with a €20 deposit a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

pre-ordered mine today at Gamestop Tallaght. Said that I should definitely have it at launch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Pre ordered mine in Gamestop.

Anyone know what'll happen if I order now on the gamestop site with bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you know somebody who lives in the US you could order it on an American website, have it delivered to them and then get them to ship it to Ireland for you. That way you would avoid irish VAT and import duties. I have done this with other stuff in the past. I haven't worked it out for the PS4 but even including shipping it should work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Waiting on it to be out a few months to skip what will be inevitable hardware issues and a completely slack launch catalogue of titles.

Then I'll order from Amazon.com since the console is completely region free.

Also the retail stores never have enough stock to fit demand, where as Amazon have never let me down yet. Comes in at €299 including delivery from Amazon, a solid €100 cheaper which means I can factor in a game or two ( remember that obviously the games will be that little cheaper too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you know somebody who lives in the US you could order it on an American website, have it delivered to them and then get them to ship it to Ireland for you. That way you would avoid irish VAT and import duties. I have done this with other stuff in the past. I haven't worked it out for the PS4 but even including shipping it should work out cheaper.

Using the likes of Parcel motel or one of those services, you can have delivered direct via Amazon. And you normally don't get touched with any customs or charges.

I've had tablets, apple products and laptops delivered without issue from Amazon US via Parcel Motel. Also on occasion Amazon US ship to Ireland, changes from time to time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement