Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brand loyalty

Options

Comments

Grimebox wrote: »
    I'm surprised by the loyalty to branded washing up liquid. Why bother?

Because I've bought loads of the other ones and fairy does last longer :D

I don't have an Aldi close enough to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I only now buy M&S own brand and the quality is pretty good.

you might as well buy the real brand so,m&s is probably more expensive than the real crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Essentials stuff from Superquinn is usually good, like their bread & Jaffa Cakes. But there are a lot of non branded products that just aren't as nice. I've noticed Aldi has their packaging/names very similar to the popular brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I just don't enjoy any of that cheap crap, I don't mind the Tesco Finest own brand some good stuff there, and i'd buy the supermarket own brands for certain things, but all that blue white and red, and aldi/lidl ****e I just cant eat, Ive tried and tried so many times, but its all horrible.

Don't know why people buy say Oggie Boogie Beans for €0.10 cheaper than Heinz, then they say it tastes the same, But YOU KNOW IT DOESNT
    of course it doesnt taste the same, its a different recipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Because I've bought loads of the other ones and fairy does last longer :D

I don't have an Aldi close enough to me.

ye the tesco 60c 500ml washing up liquid is watered down, probably false economy, tho I always use too much no matter which one I use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I don't understand why people buy branded fruit. "Fyfe times better than other bananas"; no they're not.

One thing that's worth spending money on is brand name printer ink. I don't have a working printer now because I tried to save about €8.00 by buying Tesco ink which ended up destroying my printer..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Ballymaloe relish is really the only branded thing I buy*
    Other relishes just don't cut it

EDIT: As in I won't accept a replica version even it was available- obvo I buy more branded things than that but its the only conscious one I do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I am extremely loyal to brands.

I would never eat anything for breakfast other than Wheatbisk. Fancy a rectangular salted cracker? Aww yeah, Snacky Cracky. Feeling thirsty? a glass of Freeway cola please! and don't be shy with the ice!

I must say though. Lidl have a ground coffee called Bellarom Italian blend...for less than €3. Really tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Brand Loyalty ?

I went right off him when he divorced Katy Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

TheUsual wrote: »
    Brand Loyalty ?

I went right off him when he divorced Katy Perry.

He was always a kant though, to be fair to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

There is absolutely nothing branded in my shopping - I have no loyalty to God or Country, and I'm supposed to look out for fcking Heinz?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

The aldi cereals make me shìt myself. Disgusting things altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

Weird that you give this as an example because in reading your post it's the first thing that came to mind. I bought Aldi's Bixies last month and ended up throwing half the packet away because they were awful. Unlike Weetabix they turn into a soft mush straight away and there's a definite difference in taste

It was on Ireland Am last week that Weetabix make Aldi's Weetabix

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

I can't eat / drink the nonbrand copies of coke and chocolate. Cadburys and coca cola just win hands down

+1 with the coke but Cadburys is ****e with low cocoa %.The chocolate in Aldi is much better.The whole nut actually has nuts in EVERY square!:D Aldi cereals are muck.You cannot beat Kelloggs,Alpen etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

It was on Ireland Am last week that Weetabix make Aldi's Weetabix

Yea, most own brand stuff is made by the main brand, but they use a cheaper process and ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Carrolls do lidls ham too, but Carrolls are sh*t. My sister used to work for them so she got loads of free stuff. We used to throw the ham on the ceiling and see who's would stay up the longest, or slide it down the fridge :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phasers wrote: »
    much thicker and longer lasting.

Huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

aldis choceur chocolate is amazing,no other store can compare to them for cheap chocolate.
    they used to do a awesome choceur bar that had milk chocolate on the outside and white chocolate on the inside-it tasted and looked like the lindt one of the same concoction.

also,a lot of their biscuits and cookies are awesome to,disco biscuits for example- only aldi coud have named em after the street name for ecstacy,the fools have just changed the name to 'groovy biscuits',godawful name; fur kin lovely biscuits,stuffin self with a pack was bought today now. :cool:

cant stand most food and drink under the cheapest end stuff like asda smart price though,its what this place only orders and its disgusting because am not able to afford any food of own.
    asdas coke is like toilet cleaner [and yes as someone with pica,have tried toilet cleaner before to make that comparison]. :pac:

I buy herbal essences shampoo and conditioner, tried lidl but I spent the whole day scratching my head.

I love lidls rashers actually. I don't care about brands otherwise.

I was in Tesco today buying some bottles of Hennessy and Jameson to give out as presents and I notice Tesco do their own brand Whiskey and Vodka.Has anyone tried this stuff.The bottles look minging so I am wondering if this range is just for alcoholics

• Advertisement

repsol wrote: »
    I was in Tesco today buying some bottles of Hennessy and Jameson to give out as presents and I notice Tesco do their own brand Whiskey and Vodka.Has anyone tried this stuff.The bottles look minging so I am wondering if this range is just for alcoholics

AFter the third glass it stops tasting like paint stripper and burning your throat.

I drink it sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

About the only brand I'd show loyalty to is Tayto. Apart from when I'm in England, which is most of the time.

Other than that, it's whatever is half price this week in Tesco.

Aldi is great, you walk in and there's f**k all brands so there's no decisions to make. You don't spend ages deciding which kind of jam to buy (for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

The aldi cereals make me shìt myself. Disgusting things altogether.

Eventually all cereals make you shít yourself.

Mickey H wrote: »

Eventually all cereals make you shít yourself.

Nope it was a disaster. The ex misses was always mad about saving money and she got them a few times. Every morning in work I'd have to spend 30 mins on the jacks with a severe case of skutter jocks. Not nice.

No problems at all with all other Aldi/lidle stuff it's justthe cereals!

Suppose I know what to eat now if I ever suffer severe constipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Buy green tea,knock off special k,fruit juice,cold meat,bread,milk and vodka in Aldi.Their own brand beers are grand too.

Buy what little veg I eat in the veg shop in our village,fish in the fishmongers as he usually has good deals.

Wouldn't be arsed being loyal to any brand.Remember reading somewhere about a lad who bought some Apple product and that he was ''excited to be joining the Apple community''.Feckin ridiculous!

Nope it was a disaster. The ex misses was always mad about saving money and she got them a few times. Every morning in work I'd have to spend 30 mins on the jacks with a severe case of skutter jocks. Not nice.

No problems at all with all other Aldi/lidle stuff it's justthe cereals!

Suppose I know what to eat now if I ever suffer severe constipation.

Did you bin the ex because she wouldn't buy Kelloggs? Now that is brand loyalty!:D

repsol wrote: »

Did you bin the ex because she wouldn't buy Kelloggs? Now that is brand loyalty!:D

Hats off but the reality is I binned her because she was a horable kant!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Grey Nike zip up hoodie... €65
    Grey zip up hoodie (without the tick) from Pennies... €15

Moral of the story? Fools and their money are easily parted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dunnes Stores / Aldi Coco Pops variations are fookin' delicious.

Same with those Titan bars, om nom nom.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

aldi gourmet jelly beans!! Nomnom! My addiction! And the specially selected pizzas in the fridge section, beautiful! Their wine is good, and their veggie burgers are awesome!
    And their white chocolate is good, but the Tesco branded one is better for cooking with.
    Aldi's selection of dried herbs isn't great though. Generally hit up Tesco for those and the Tesco branded ones are normally 60c at most!

Also there is a thread on the beauty forum about lidl perfume that is a dead ringer for Chanel. People are buying it in their droves!!

Advertisement