Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2012, 23:57   #1
mayo51

holland and barrett whey protein

Hey...
Im already on protein but im just wondering is the holland and barrett whey protein any good? It does be half price regular enough and i might get a tub? Anyone have any experience with it.
Thanks
Advertisement
03-11-2012, 17:18   #2
double GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo51 View Post
Hey...
Im already on protein but im just wondering is the holland and barrett whey protein any good? It does be half price regular enough and i might get a tub? Anyone have any experience with it.
Thanks
Quality sees okay but horrendously overpriced compared to other companies.

Check out myprotein.ie, Discountsupplements.ie or bulk powders for much cheaper.
03-11-2012, 22:47   #3
generic2012

Here Here. Myprotein.ie, great site. Whey, creatine and caffeine cheap as chips, all you'll ever need!
04-11-2012, 00:19   #4
mayo51

Quote:
Originally Posted by double GG View Post
Quality sees okay but horrendously overpriced compared to other companies.

Check out myprotein.ie, Discountsupplements.ie or bulk powders for much cheaper.
Are they good quality though? Are they reliable to deliver?
04-11-2012, 08:55   #5
Gummy Panda
Rub my belly!

Quote:
I find myprotein great. Takes two days to deliver from UK e.g. ship on Monday, receive on Wednesday.
Advertisement
04-11-2012, 19:50   #6
MikeC101

Quote:
Originally Posted by generic2012 View Post
Here Here. Myprotein.ie, great site. Whey, creatine and caffeine cheap as chips, all you'll ever need!
Just to point out, myprotein.ie actually redirects to http://www.hpnutrition.ie/ (sneaky isn't it!)

I think the site you probably mean is http://www.myprotein.com/ie/
04-11-2012, 20:09   #7
vard

I try to avoid buying ANYTHING from H&B. Overpriced - everything. Even when they might run any of their deceptive deals.

Staff in Ireland are generally friendly, but in the UK I've noticed they're consistently miserable and mostly inept.
05-11-2012, 13:24   #8
rubadub

Quote:
H&B is usually the one singled out as poor quality, being hard to mix and not a great taste.
05-11-2012, 22:49   #9
Amprodude

Don't want to hijack thread here but just wondering can you use whey protein if you do running cycling and weights?
Advertisement
06-11-2012, 13:09   #10
rubadub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amprodude View Post
can you use whey protein if you do running cycling and weights?
Of course you can, its up to you if you think you need it, by no means is it essential, many lifters would get protein from other sources, so you could say they "supplement" their diet with extra chicken.

There is nothing magical about whey, its just another dairy product, its used in several foods you probably eat already, like ice cream and some biscuits. I would drink whey shakes whether I lifted or not, I like the taste, just like I eat cheese & chicken since I like it.

Some people go on about it like its a steroid like drug, I remember a woman in work saying her cousin was "on protein shakes", though some will have other substances in the mix.
Thanks from:
07-11-2012, 02:14   #11
Bikerguy

i bought the Whey from H&B myself. 3 weeks a go to be exact - 40€ for 2. i choosed the natural flavour - or in another words with no flavor added. it taste like a strong milk, but i am trying to be inovative. You can shake it with fresh pure OJ (orange j.) for better taste, but i do use blender for each shake, slices of mango with slim milk + whey form H&B omg... what a taste!! pure power... or just a slim milk after training. r.. i had whey from biotech as well. i am not talking about price but i like more the H&B... + just for flavour.

they maybe better priced products but you cant go wrong as far as i am concerned.
07-11-2012, 02:15   #12
Bikerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubadub View Post
Of course you can, its up to you if you think you need it, by no means is it essential, many lifters would get protein from other sources, so you could say they "supplement" their diet with extra chicken.

There is nothing magical about whey, its just another dairy product, its used in several foods you probably eat already, like ice cream and some biscuits. I would drink whey shakes whether I lifted or not, I like the taste, just like I eat cheese & chicken since I like it.

Some people go on about it like its a steroid like drug, I remember a woman in work saying her cousin was "on protein shakes", though some will have other substances in the mix.
yeh... the women in the shop in H&B was saying similar story to me... like his cousing is on shakes and he feels great ... "lol"
Thanks from:
07-11-2012, 21:13   #13
Amprodude

[Quote=Bikerguy;81622527]

yeh... the women in the shop in H&B was saying similar story to me... like his cousing is on shakes and he feels great ...

looking for a bit of advice here. I am wondering should i order some whey protein? I dont want to bulk out or anything but would it give me additional energy before workout?
07-11-2012, 22:59   #14
Mars Bar

My understanding is energy from carbs and protein for repair of muscles.

So if you're looking for energy, carbs are the way to go.
07-11-2012, 23:59   #15
Bikerguy

[QUOTE=Amprodude;81637096]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerguy View Post

yeh... the women in the shop in H&B was saying similar story to me... like his cousing is on shakes and he feels great ...

looking for a bit of advice here. I am wondering should i order some whey protein? I dont want to bulk out or anything but would it give me additional energy before workout?

bro i am not pro by any means, but i am 90% positive whey is only like a extra support for better recovery. there are better products for power/energy gain.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion