Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A MESSAGE TO COUNCILLOR KEVIN KIELY

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

kevin i just want to say that i dont share your passion for this new bus lane.when it opens, i plan to take off my pants ,get on to my bicycle and p**S on it as i cycle by:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Normalperson

Can the skater kids use the bus lane to wheel into town seeing that Kevin Kiely wants to shut down their park on them?
    He says that it and their Graffiti art is an "eyesore"...well I believe I am expressing fair comment when I say that HE is the biggest eyesore this side of the Shannon Bridge has ever seen...
    So much for the oul' hand-shandy's in the Kileely handball alley huh? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

anti_c wrote: »
    kevin i just want to say that i dont share your passion for this new bus lane.when it opens, i plan to take off my pants ,get on to my bicycle and p**S on it as i cycle by:)

Classy
    Does the bus lane affect you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭anti_c

:rolleyes:
    Can the skater kids use the bus lane to wheel into town seeing that Kevin Kiely wants to shut down their park on them?
    He says that it and their Graffiti art is an "eyesore"...well I believe I am expressing fair comment when I say that HE is the biggest eyesore this side of the Shannon Bridge has ever seen...
    the skater kids councillor kevin kiely wants to shut down their park. SHAME ON you kevin kiely dos kevin kiely want to build a handball alley on it maybe? shut down the town hall and turn it into CIRCUS there a pack of clowns in town hall most of the councillors are a joke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

anti_c wrote: »
    :rolleyes: the skater kids shut down their park SHAME ON you kevin kiely dos kevin kiely want to build a handball alley on it maybe?

How did the skater kids shut down their park?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭anti_c

bigpink wrote: »
    Classy
    Does the bus lane affect you?
    yes bigpink the bus lane will affect me.we do not need a bus lane in this area "CUTTING DOWN trees for god dam bus lane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

brillant ^^^:D:D

where did normalpersons post go

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I would pay no heed to anything that Kevin Kiely says, much less take it at face value.

He was one of the ones who was against the Ballinacurra Road bus lane for a long time, especially when in from of members of the public, then flip flopped on his opinion and was suddenly all for it.

If memory serves right he was all for the skate park at one point. So no shock to hear that he is now saying the opposite of what he said before yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Mod Edit: FFatboyslim requested that his post be removed,
    There ya go..:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gene Parmesan

everybody besides residents want the bus lane, democracy was victorious, GET OVER IT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

He has a team of highly trained monkeys that screw his pants on in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

everybody besides residents want the bus lane, democracy was victorious, GET OVER IT

Actually +1 sorry but if you want Ireland fixed, then you have to give up NIMBYism. Within reason of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Kevin Kiely is a cúnt,

Mod Edit, provide evidence of your claims or don't post them

Sorry, but that makes him a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

Melion wrote: »
    Kevin Kiely is a cúnt, he has tried to get a clamper arrested twice in the last 2 weeks

there are ways of overcoming a clamp, but your waist line needs to be a tad trim to succed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I dont want a bus lane and I aint a resident what I want is a proper road that there isnt a flippin set of traffic lights every 5 metres...there is no need for a bus system...build proper roads and every 1 will get there in time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FFfatboyslim

To anyone who is in agreement to this stupid bus lane
    - have you SEEN Limerick City Centre over the past two or so years???
    It's now possible to cross O' Connell Street without even looking now!
    As thousands are now unemployed and have gotten rid of/had their cars repossessed, there isn't any traffic to calm and those who still have jobs are now walking to work - many suits cross the bridge, armed with golf umbrellas and besides, who'd want to share a bus with a tracksuit-tucked-into-a-pair-of-socks travelling on a stolen bus pass anyway???
    We dont have a traffic problem, never had, never will.

Perhaps if Kevin's mates on the council purchased a couple of dozen houses around Bellfield there wouldn't be a need to bus it to town at all as the (re)generation scum could WALK to town, eradicating the need for buses altogether!

Oh wait - MAYBE HE COULD LAY ON FEW HUNDERED OF MARTINS OLD DELL BUSES TO TRANSPORT PEOPLE IN TO THE DOLE OFFICE EVERY MONTH - how about dole-queue lanes around Upper Cecil Street directing signers to the correct hatch???
    This imo is the ONLY new lane needed in Limerick.

Obviously you havent tried to go to work by car lately. Traffic is as bad as ever.
    By suggesting that only scum use buses you are perpetuating a stereotype that stops people from using buses.
    The more routes they add, and the faster they get there the better. Plus its also a cycle lane. Win/Win.

Needs of the many etc.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Obviously you havent tried to go to work by car lately. Traffic is as bad as ever.
    By suggesting that only scum use buses you are perpetuating a stereotype that stops people from using buses.
    The more routes they add, and the faster they get there the better. Plus its also a cycle lane. Win/Win.

Needs of the many etc.

Kevin? Is that you Kevin???

Plus its also a cycle lane. Win/Win

So you reckon Kev & co have grand plans for Limerick City to become the next Oxford? Can you really really see it? Can you though?!
    Black high-nelly's all over William Street transporting our many arty-types up and down Parnell Street, Whickham Street and following DA BUSSS up ta
    O' Malley??? Cos so many Limerick people cycle don't they?
    And why would they? After all you say our traffic prob is so great that we NEED a bus & bicycle lane!
    BUT...this will happen WHEN we get the bus lane! We'll all be peddling en masse and the common car will feel like an outcast!

• Advertisement

Its a bus lane. Not a nuclear weapon.
    If you are affected by it, then it sucks. But you are one of a small minority that may need to build a driveway or park elsewhere.
    Its about time a politician pandered to the masses rather than the minority.

Its a bus lane. Not a nuclear weapon.
    If you are affected by it, then it sucks. But you are one of a small minority that may need to build a driveway or park elsewhere.
    Its about time a politician pandered to the masses rather than the minority.

OK dokey - I call a poll! Stand by!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Slagging off, people who take the bus + cycle + the unemployed.

Must be a bus lane coming to a neighbourhood near you.

Slagging off, people who take the bus + cycle + the unemployed.

Must be a bus lane coming to a neighbourhood near you.

I WAS unemployed for a substantial time and when I was I took the bus in to town. I used to cycle until a bus nearly knocked me down. there you go.
    oh, and I'm from O' Malley Park originally btw in case you jump on that one.

Just in case any one needs reminding, here's a little list of the great and good proposals that Kev Kiely has gone public on:

1) insulted the Polish community when he said that they should all go back home if they became unemployed

2) the skater kids should not have a home in Limerick either

3) death penalty should be re-introduced - did he mean for the Polish and the skaters?

4) bus lane would be great he thinks

5) said his wife would not be accompanying him to Boston on St Patrick's Day but alas she did in the end (and who's dumb enough to believe THAT wasn't on the public slate?) and then they took off a fortnight later to San Fransisco (as they must have been saving real hard and took the bus around Boston)

6) on said trip to Boston he later defended himself by saying it was not in fact for a ruddy great p**s-up but for an investigation in to Boston's Housing Department's strategy on handling anti-social behaviour yet had he met with some REAL people here in Limerick who are experiencing it HERE in his own City then there wouldn't have been a 'need' for thousands of tax-payer €'s to fund his little p**s-up sorry 'mission' in the first place...
    just so happened this had to occur in and around Paddy's day eh?

Also - how in the hell does Limerick need a bus lane when it's a City so small it needs a shaggin BOUNDARY EXTENSION??? :confused:

Its used to get buses around.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

FFfatboy,

Take a breath before you collapse. :rolleyes:

You don't want a bus lane but the city and society in general needs the bus lane.

No - what LIMERICK society needs is SAFE STREETS AND ESTATES TO WALK AND LIVE IN - why create a route into a DEAD CITY CENTRE (apart from thriving trash shops and junkie tappers) and invest money in to start-up business' to fill the derelict units.
    THEN, if Limerick ever recovers from the The Day After Tomorrow THEN might there be an ACTUAL need for a bus lane!

Also, this bus lane will serve serve THE CRESCENT SHOPPING CENTRE VERY WELL indeed and deflect all attention away from Limerick City Centre which is in desperate need of life support, just as well really, the state they've run it in to, who'd WANT to shop here?
    And when they allow this s**t to happen in public view, just think...what goes on behind closed doors in City Council?
    Mastercard 'Schools Out Forever' ad on a Friday, "SUCKERS electing us and paying our wages!!!" jumpin in pools ect???

• Advertisement

Not to mention seriously inconveniencing you eh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement