Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England V Argentina. Sat 14th. 14:30. SS2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If only Brian Moore was commentating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Stev_o wrote: »

Listening to the game on BBC radio. They've just apologised on air for comments Moore made which "some people might have found offensive before the match". Know what he said?

toomevara wrote: »
    Listening to the game on BBC radio. They've just apologised on air for comments Moore made which "some people might have found offensive before the match". Know what he said?

Probably more of this i assume

God, if this is international standard rugby I'm the shah of Iran...shocking, shocking stuff, Christ I'm glad I didn't pay £65 to see this dross.

God, if this is international standard rugby I'm the shah of Iran...shocking, shocking stuff, Christ I'm glad I didn't pay £65 to see this dross.

Shall be updating this thread today me thinks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658746

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This is woeful

*shrug* What did you expect? Its England and Argentina. Neither are known for setting the world alight. Its all about the beef and 10 man rugby. Nothing new here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

score?

9-9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Finally a score in the second half, a try for England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

score/time update?

score/time update?

England 16 Argentina 9, 71minutes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

big time. its complete and utter tosh.whats worse is that it will be even more conservative and defence oriented come 2011 world cup as the stakes are higher

*shrug* What did you expect? Its England and Argentina. Neither are known for setting the world alight. Its all about the beef and 10 man rugby. Nothing new here.

Yeah, must be the eternal optimist in me, but you'd expect full time professionals to, at the very least, be able to perform the basic skills of the game with some facility....alas not here...

Argentina time only together since Sunday for first time in 4 months lads. Was never gonna be a huge performance from them.

England are shocking.

Wooden spoon 6nations looms if they don't sort themselves out

Yeah, must be the eternal optimist in me, but you'd expect full time professionals to, at the very least, be able to perform the basic skills of the game with some facility....alas not here...

yea fair enough. Englands mid-field was shocking, even by their standards. It seemed to be a case of shuffle it along to Banahan or turf it in the air and hope for an Argy mistake.

Then again, one needs to take stock of their multitude of injuries. To keep it respectable against Australia and win today was kinda impressive, all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Monye.

/facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭little173

Johnsons selection of Moyne at full back really is a terrible bit of management. With the over reliance on Kicking from deep in rugby games now, the most important thing a FB needs to do is catch and field balls and then kick them back. That is what makes Kearney such a good player, he is superb at high balls and his error count is maybe one per game.

England were poor, but their forwards kept at it against a pretty decent Arg pack, and their back row is still pretty talented, but their decision making at half back was woeful and their backs were very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Missed game.

How was Paul Hodgson/Wilkinson/Geraghty axis today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

It was a dismal game and Jonno's field kicking was fairly woeful, Hodgson makes 'Two Steps' Whitaker look like Speedy Gonzalez but Geraghty was OK. Moody, Wilkinson and Cueto were the only English players to acquit themeselves with any dignity. Monye couldn't catch a cold and should be dropped from the squad and Martin Johnson should get the push before the 6 Nations - fat chance! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Was that the worst game of international rugby of the professional era? My eyes were bleeding by the time it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Ireland Argentina last year was also up there for the worst game of international tennis/rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Argentina displayed some of the finest defensive performances I've seen for quite some time. They committed to everything, their wingers were exceptional.
    Lobbe was close to MOTM although I agree Moody was fantastic again today, Lobbe showed what a world class leader does, leads from the front, put O'Connell's lions display to shame imo.

With Re: to England, they are unlucky that they have the Tomato Salad maker in charge, would in my opinion would infinitely better used as a forwards coach, rather than a head coach.

Stev_o wrote: »

Just for you Stevo, BBC 3 now... This could make for comedy viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Regardless of performance, it was a winning performance against a team ranked above them in the world and i am disappointed the players were booed off the field by their own fans.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I heard them mentioning on Sky that argentina brought 4 amateurs and a good few uncapped players. Were the amateurs playing against england?

Argentina displayed some of the finest defensive performances I've seen for quite some time. They committed to everything, their wingers were exceptional.
    Lobbe was close to MOTM although I agree Moody was fantastic again today, Lobbe showed what a world class leader does, leads from the front, put O'Connell's lions display to shame imo.

With Re: to England, they are unlucky that they have the Tomato Salad maker in charge, would in my opinion would infinitely better used as a forwards coach, rather than a head coach.

"The finest defensive performance for quite some time". Are you sure?? England hardly attacked, aside from Banahan occasionally coming down the middle their back play was lateral, I dont think either of their centres threatened the whole game. I dont think the England forwards were particularly dynamic, Haskell ran a few times and was taken down.

"Wingers were exceptional" - I want to play in your team:), obviously we have different definitions of exceptional. They did okay but what did they do exactly??

Just when I thought that comment was misplaced, The comment about Lobbe and POC and the lions comes along, which frankly doesnt even warrant a response.

little173 wrote: »
    Just for you Stevo, BBC 3 now... This could make for comedy viewing.

On again on BBC 2 now before the Ireland game

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

I heard them mentioning on Sky that argentina brought 4 amateurs and a good few uncapped players. Were the amateurs playing against england?

Four amateurs started i think and two were on the bench could be wrong but thats what i think i heard!! certainly didnt play like amateurs!! some of the english looked like amatuers at times!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭twinytwo

It was a dismal game and Jonno's field kicking was fairly woeful, Hodgson makes 'Two Steps' Whitaker look like Speedy Gonzalez but Geraghty was OK. Moody, Wilkinson and Cueto were the only English players to acquit themeselves with any dignity. Monye couldn't catch a cold and should be dropped from the squad and Martin Johnson should get the push before the 6 Nations - fat chance! :mad:

thats because they are the only ones with half a clue... its a shame that the 2 best running backs they have in strettle and tait dont play

Advertisement