Exactly the same gmail issue as ve
I'd like to get to the bottom of this too.
- I cleared the contact list and the contents of the account (I was in a position to), and changed the password.
- I've added a single account to contacts to see if it activates again
- I can't say for certain that I was logged into the account at the point that the mail was sent
- The account details are used for other services - blogger, at least.
- Gmail does not appear to say what IP messages originate from, so I can't tell if it was my own machine or another that 'inserted' the message. That would be useful, Google.
- If this is spyware, it's doing it from a fully-patched XP machine running the latest version of Symantec, with yesterdays' definitions. Annoying.
- I'm also running a full scan now, just in case. I've reviewed my browsing history in the last 2-3 days, and nothing jumps out at me. Am willing to compare history with someone else to see if there is any overlap.
- Justin Mason is writing about it on his blog