Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.oeuom.com - Super cheap laptops?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Has anybody ever bought anything from these guys? They have laptops for a fraction (about 20%-30%) of the normal price. They are based in China. Here's one of their offers:

http://www.oeuom.com/product.asp?id=1332

The pricing seems far too good to be true - has anyone had dealings with them or heard of them? A google search doesn't seem to yield much info on them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Outright scam. Look at their contact details.

If it's too good to be true, then it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hotmail addresses for contact us is never good. :/ Stay away as mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 long_boy

The best part of the site is the about us, look at this gem:

"We are large electricity subsidiaries, so there are a lot of liers would mimicry our website carry on deceive, pleasing everyone's caution."

I suspected it's a scam of some kind, it's just strange that there's no reports of same that I could find out there, usually there is. I actually came across these guys as a listing on gumtree so maybe someone has actually tried them out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If that's legit, I'll eat my hat. Also what the hell is with that flash banner at the top of the page? Another thing the title of the page is "Welcome to our website". While this isn't solid proof that the site isn't legit, I would expect a proper professional site to have proper titles for their pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 long_boy

Ye it's most likely a scam unfortunately :( The prices are less than the bare component costs even in mass volume

As an aside, even tough the website is appalling, it's by no means the worst I've seen! From my experience of dealing with some Chinese companies through work this isn't so bad. We once had a supplier called "Best Nice Electronics" and another who's sale's rep was called "Cinderella"! Some of the stuff you come across is hilarious, but it doesn't stop us buying lots from them once they've been proven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

better off putting your cash into a postbox really and writing to Santa for your laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

I think these guys just sent everybody in my address book spam with my name on it. I just got a failure notification for half of them. I'm freeked out. I never gave them my details. what do ya think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dleonard

Hi, I also came across this crowd on Gumtree - I asked for more info and they were very quick to send me proof of shipping via ems to 3 guys in South Africa, they also sent me the moneygram proof of transfer from Rennies Foreign Exchange. I am still a bit weary though - gut feel is thats is a scan. I cant even find a telephone number for the company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement