Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Ireland contest

Options
  • 08-10-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Friday evening last i was asked to judged on the panel for the Mr Ireland contest and went with my fiance and her sister. This is more of a good looking guy contest rather than a body building contest. It took place in the fantastic room of the Mansion House - stunning circular room.

Guests were greeted with a champagne reception and with about 700 guests thats lots of booze. It kicked off later than scheduled but thats normal in ireland as everyone wanted to meet friends when they arrived.

Then the guys came out in designer clothes - very hard to judge at first. Second round was in swimwear and this certainly seperated the wheat from the chaff! There were 13 guys and i must say some were soooooo full of them selves that it was hard to take them seriously. I was thinking afterwards that most thought it was a 'who's got the biggest mickey contest' and not a mr ireland contest e.g. one guy stuck his nose into Amanda Brunker's ample chest with the words 'where have you two been all evening?'. Self praise is no praise!!!

Overall the best man won - a well spoken, in great shape, tall, good looking but not over groomed guy who works as an architect and will go to the Mr World contest.

By all accounts it was a great evening and very well put together if at times a little chaotic. I hope next year will get the same press as the miss ireland contest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Boru.

I was very disappointed - my friend came in third place. :D All in all though a good night, and it didn't take itself too seriously which I think helped tremedously. You seemed to disappear very quick after the preceedings? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Yes had to get up for a 20mile run at 8am saturday - its only 4 weeks to the NYC marathon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenni46

Hey want to enter my boyfriend into the competition but cant find anything on the net about how to apply etc..do you need a sponsor???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I would win it easily.

Advertisement