Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish J1'ers wreck Isla Vista apartment!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

I find this quite funny as 27+ people are killed in Bali, and what do the sunday world decide to put on the FRONT page of their trashy rag??? I mean come on, people trash apartments over in the states every year. Get over it!

Ill trash your apartment any time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

What colleges were they in? heard two of em r from blackrock!

Belvo...can i say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

galwaydude wrote:
    i cant believe some people patting these scumbags on the back for doing what they.They are scum and should be named and shamed.How would you like it if someone caused 15,000 dollars worth of damage to your apartment. I bought a house a few months and if my renters caused damage like this i would bring there ass to court, PRICKS

Exactly, as would/should all victims of this crap.

I think it's great that they've been named and shamed(aswell as banned from returning to the US apparently),it should discourage this kind of stuff happening in the future(hopefully).

wow, 1000th post....time for a celebratory game of "smashy smashy" me thinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RobVanDamager2

What a pack of heroes! I'd love to hear some rules of this smashy smashy game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

That's horrible tbh. They have given Irish students a bad name and the J1 program in general. The people affected by thata aren't going to be as welcoming next time.

They should be made liable for the damge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RobVanDamager2

I have to admit that the pro Ian Huntley graffiti on the wall was bizzarre to say the least :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

I find this quite funny as 27+ people are killed in Bali, and what do the sunday world decide to put on the FRONT page of their trashy rag??? I mean come on, people trash apartments over in the states every year. Get over it!

Ill trash your apartment any time.

Your a fool, i know some things are more important but we are not talking about what happening in Bali.What happened there was terrible but thats probably been discussed somewhere else on boards.ie, go comment there.Here we are are talking about some scumbags who caused $15,000 worth of damage and give irish students in the states a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

gazza22 wrote:
    That's horrible tbh. They have given Irish students a bad name and the J1 program in general. The people affected by thata aren't going to be as welcoming next time.

They should be made liable for the damge.

News flash. This isn't new at all. The apartment complex I stayed in had an apartment destroyed in a similar fashion by Irish students. The owner being a devout Irish American wasn't a bit phased by it.

Considering the J1 visa is loosing people like crazy I am surprised they don't let you trash your own apartment as part of the program. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Belvo...can i say that?

Can you get a J1 in secondary school?

Belvo and Blackrock were both mentioned in this thread, but I think that's highly unlikely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Zakrze wrote:
    Got a quick glance at the Sunday World and see that a couple of names are mentioned and that they are going to pay for the damage.

As expected.

If the damage is not paid for in full and in $$$ by weds the SW will publish an indepth on the issue next week. It seems they already have all the names and almost all the photos they need.

Next week they will name those who paid and those who did not ....anyway.

Photos of those who did not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Bond-007 wrote:
    The reason why people are after them is that they were ambassadors of this country who went over to the USA to work for the summer and interact with the locals. Instead they destroyed property not their own and legged it home. It makes the Irish to look like a bunch of savages. They have tarnished our international image. No wonder that other law abiding Irish are up in arms about it. I don't blame them.
    I think the reason people are so mad because it is in the media! It happend 10 years ago when I was on a j1. I satyed in a small town and worked in an office. My friends in the city lived in an appartment and worked labourer jobs and restraunts etc... They lived like animals but not amazingly destructive. THey replaced anything that was broken (including a toilet) and painted the place when leaving. They then moved into a squat and destroyed the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cheesedude wrote:
    HAHAHA the ****ing sunday world? Read by a population of degenerates is that the paper? Yeah thought so...fantastic. Won't daddy be ashamed?

Typical ****ing bull**** though seriously...only in Ireland. What a joke. Annabells Case Part II - Santa Barbara...****ing papers. I hate them and their retarded tabloid bull****.

Charming and well spoken.....as well as I'd expect from an SW reader in fact.

The SW are Bored of scum hunting in Tallaght where you simply can't get a decent latté so their 'crack' journos have a few days in Bod An tSionnaigh instead and BTW I just told them where you lived o locquatious one :)

Can you prove you were in Ireland all summer ??

There is alot of people on here who have a serious chips on their shoulders. What these guys did was shamefull and they should be banned from the states for a few years and crimal proceedings against them In this country if you thrashed somebody's house for a bit of fun what would be done, you would be charged and sued. Cheesedude your comments are unhelpfull, you and a few others are just trying to rise a few people.GROW UP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

I didn't get to read the article. Any chance someone could scan it in and post it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

These clowns must be shown that their behaviour is completely unacceptable and is punishable by law. If it takes the SW to force their hand's (and make a sly buck on the side) then so be it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Khannie wrote:
    Can you get a J1 in secondary school?

Belvo and Blackrock were both mentioned in this thread, but I think that's highly unlikely.

thats what school then WENT to, as for their college, I'm not 100%, a few defo in Trin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Know one of them who is year below me in Law, afaik most of them went to Belvo.

In defence to some that were named, they left once the trashing started, moved somewhere else, but still got named, think thats a bit harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Charming and well spoken.....as well as I'd expect from an SW reader in fact.

The SW are Bored of scum hunting in Tallaght where you simply can't get a decent latté so their 'crack' journos have a few days in Bod An tSionnaigh instead and BTW I just told them where you lived o locquatious one :)

Can you prove you were in Ireland all summer ??

What are you talking about? BTW it is spelled loquacious you Sunday World reader you...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

cheesedude wrote:
    What are you talking about? BTW it is spelled loquacious you Sunday World reader you...
    Did you find that out when you googled for the definition, deary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes as a matter of fact I did. What's your point? Never before had I seen the word I thought he was trying to type spelled like that before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Non story at the end of the day but these **** deserve what they get be it they come from north/south/east/west Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Your a fool, i know some things are more important but we are not talking about what happening in Bali.What happened there was terrible but thats probably been discussed somewhere else on boards.ie, go comment there.Here we are are talking about some scumbags who caused $15,000 worth of damage and give irish students in the states a bad name.

didnt read his post closely did you?

He is talking about the trashed apartment, he finds it funny that this trashed apartment is considered a bigger story to the sunday world then the bali attack. Its a comparison of the two events and a more constructive post then yours.

Bali was front page news on the news of the world on sunday. Im not comparing what happened in bali to what happened wit those students thrashing the apartment. The sunday world got it wrong and should have had the bali story on the frontpage but thats all down to the editor of the SW not me and anyone on here who have posted about the issue.This story isnt about the SW its about what a few pricks in the states blacking the name of irish students who go over on J1 visa's.

This story isnt about the SW its about what a few pricks in the states blacking the name of irish students who go over on J1 visa's.

But its part of the discussion. We are discussing SW's report about the vandilism, about how they seem to get their priorities wrong on the importance of the story compared to other events. IF we were discussing 'a few pricks in the states' this thread would have finished back on page 1. But we are discussing the pricks, how ireland is responding, how the media is treating it, how boardsie's feel towards it and how it is affecting other events.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Newsworthiness for a tabloid is not equal to the actual importance of a situation tbh.

nesf wrote:
    Newsworthiness for a tabloid is not equal to the actual importance of a situation tbh.

never meant it as equal, i just feel that telling someone that they are a fool and snapping at them as if they are offtopic for just talking about the subject's newsworthiness is a bit harsh in my opinion.

And after 8 pages i think we have got the importance across and can *if posters want* to talk about other elements of the vanadalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    never meant it as equal, i just feel that telling someone that they are a fool and snapping at them as if they are offtopic for just talking about the subject's newsworthiness is a bit harsh in my opinion.

And after 8 pages i think we have got the importance across and can *if posters want* to talk about other elements of the vanadalism.

My post wasn't aimed at you. Sorry I should have quoted the people that it was meant to apply to. :)

okey dokey...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 muppethead

this is all bull****. i was there for the summer and its the most exagerated bollox ive ever heard. for the worst apartment all we had to pay was 1600 euro. does that sound like much damge you morans... also only 4 of us are takin the blame for the rest of the other 60 people that stayed there.. do you think thats fair. we had a laugh just forgot to clean up. people should shut up talkin about stuff that they dont know. also the irish media is the most ridiculous of all. there were both northside and southside people there and we all had a buzz. the papers see j1 students, southside, 15k damges and eat that **** up... idiots...

Advertisement