Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necro's Quickfire Easter Walrus

Options
  • 18-03-2021 10:09pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's time for another Quickfire Walrus!

giphy.gif

With Easter fast approaching, I figured it was a good time to release a new version.

And given I have a lovely 4 day weekend planned, why not also include FOUR categories :D

1. Good Friday Feeling - Strutting out of work without a care in the world with a weekend ahead of me - send me on a track that gives you that Friday Feeling!!

2. Slow Saturday - Saturday is the day I always earmark for chilling out and taking it easy. Some nice relaxing music to set the tone is in order here, be that a croony love song or an anthem of power...

3. Easter Sunday - Simple enough, give me an Easter themed song! Be that a song about eggs, chocolate or even something religious that you really like!

4. Manic Monday - We all get the Monday Blues at times - particularly on a bank holiday weekend with the fear of work looming on the horizon on Tuesday morning. Send me on an entry that will cure my Monday-itis, something to get my blood pumping and chase those blues away!

Entries open until Wednesday, 31st March with each category to be revealed over the long weekend. Do join me, won't you? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

I've not yet plucked up the courage to do a walrus but yours would be fun to research choons for...I think!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've not yet plucked up the courage to do a walrus but yours would be fun to research choons for...I think!

I've tried to keep the categories as open as possible for anyone who wants to dip their toes in the Walrus pool, glad to hear it might tempt you into joining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Hopefully I'm in too!

I tend to not read things properly & just do my own thing in the walruses, but I'm trying to take the brief SUPER SERIOUS now & aim for the crown :cool: (or at least aim to not embarrass myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Since when is four categories a "quickfire" walrus? :D

I'll get an entry in, will probably be next week before I work out which three songs get to join Rebecca Black ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Since when is four categories a "quickfire" walrus? :D

I'll get an entry in, will probably be next week before I work out which three songs get to join Rebecca Black ;)

:eek: You MONSTER

Tbf, I did 10 categories in my last game so 4 is very reserved :pac:

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    :eek: You MONSTER
    Do you know what? To this day I've never actually heard that song, I only know it by reputation! Maybe I'll give it a spin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Do you know what? To this day I've never actually heard that song, I only know it by reputation! Maybe I'll give it a spin :pac:
    You should hear the ten year annniversary remake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,157 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShaneU wrote: »
    You should hear the ten year annniversary remake :D

It is 10 years already :eek: I feel old

A nice good 4 categories ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I don't think I've done a Walrus before. Is it you just pick 4 songs?
    Why Walrus?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I don't think I've done a Walrus before. Is it you just pick 4 songs?
    Why Walrus?

Please consult the walrus wiki :D

https://wearethewalrus.fandom.com/wiki/The_Walrus_Chronicles_Wiki

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I definitely in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ah why not it's Easter after all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I've signed up.

Psst, Necs. If I win I'll share my easter eggs with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In too.

giphy.gif

5 entries in from

ShaneU
    Spook_ie
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris

and...

Also Starring LeVar Burton :P

Keep em rolling in peeps!

I haven't ever entered a walrus, even though I always read them........... Have serious mental block with anyone critiquing my music taste :) !
    But seeing as it's only 4 songs, and pretty open, I think I will give it a go.

Trigger and cee_jay enter the fray to bring us up to 7 entries!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I had to submit an entry seeing as I'm the reigning Necro quickfire champ!

:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Hopefully I'm in too!

I tend to not read things properly & just do my own thing in the walruses, but I'm trying to take the brief SUPER SERIOUS now & aim for the crown :cool: (or at least aim to not embarrass myself)

I think my Easter link is quite tenuous and may not be what was intended by the brief :cool:

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    I think my Easter link is quite tenuous and may not be what was intended by the brief :cool:

Samsies :pac:

Trigger wrote: »
    I had to submit an entry seeing as I'm the reigning Necro quickfire champ!

:D
    tenor.gif?itemid=8252164
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

cee_jay wrote: »

I'm going to try make them fit, and if doesn't come easy enough, I'll find any random single word in the song and be like 'yeah that fits the brief' :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

OK, mine's in.
    As a complete newbie to Walruses I've probably committed some terrible faux pas, an assault on Necro's sensibilities, chosen a song that will make me the Walrus laughing stock and/or get me hounded from Forum Games for ever.
    :cool:

OK, mine's in.
    As a complete newbie to Walruses I've probably committed some terrible faux pas, an assault on Necro's sensibilities, chosen a song that will make me the Walrus laughing stock and/or get me hounded from Forum Games for ever.
    No matter what you've done, someone will have done worse in the past, don't worry :p

OK, mine's in.

tenor.gif

How are these things scored?
    I only ever listened to the music, never paid attention to scores

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Necro , is it just the names of the songs or do you need links ?

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Necro , is it just the names of the songs or do you need links ?

Names is fine Mam I'll find them :D

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote:
    How are these things scored? I only ever listened to the music, never paid attention to scores

Basically in order of my own preference. Thematically will only come into it if I can't seperate two or more songs. Any duplicate entries will score the same points, I won't be cruel like in my Album Walrus :D

Advertisement