Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necro's Quickfire Easter Walrus

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OK, mine's in. As a complete newbie to Walruses I've probably committed some terrible faux pas, an assault on Necro's sensibilities, chosen a song that will make me the Walrus laughing stock and/or get me hounded from Forum Games for ever.

Don't worry about my sensibilities, I don't think I have any :D

Take a look at the Halloween Walrus I ran and the first category, in particular the top three...

If that didn't offend me I don't think anyone will :pac:

Necro wrote: »

Challenge Accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Don't worry about my sensibilities, I don't think I have any :D

Take a look at the Halloween Walrus I ran and the first category, in particular the top three...

Was that the Jimmy Osmond one? :D :pac: :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Was that the Jimmy Osmond one?

:pac: that was truly terrifying

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thanks Necro , will send them in later thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Anybody know what kinda shi. ahem I mean stuff Necro is into?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,358 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Daniel O'Donnell :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It ranges from the worst thing you have ever heard, to the best..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Daniel O'Donnell :p

Shudder!

I present to you my initial blurb from my last Walrus

What Kind of Music Am I Into?

A mixed bag. My faves playlist on Spotify (yes I have finally caved and signed up lol) ranges from country to grunge, rap to heavy metal, boybands to Manson, and much much more. There probably isn't a single genre I wouldn't be able to find an artist or song I've enjoyed at some point.

That said, my repeat list would lean to mainstream more than indie/alternative. And I'm not high on musical ****... if you played my last Walrus you'll know that for sure :D

I will say my tastes have evolved a little since then, largely down to these competitions. Many's a game I've found a song from a band that I'd never heard of and gone down a rabbit hole into their back catalogue. Nothing is off limits.

Couple of tracks that did well as an eg from the last full Walrus I presented:

• Advertisement

Nice uptick in entrants today, up to 10 now, I think I got all the PMs :)

ShaneU
    Spook_ie
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    cee_jay
    Trigger
    Hillbilly4
    bubblypop
    Sawduck

and....

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Up to 13 now as SineadSpears, Kolido and mustang shelly fire their hats in the ring :D

ShaneU
    Spook_ie
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    cee_jay
    Trigger
    Hillbilly4
    bubblypop
    Sawduck
    SineadSpears
    Kolido
    mustang shelly

And....

Reminder sign ups closing on 31st March!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sent :)

kitten_k and Mam of 4 join the cast as we tick upwards again... 15 players now :D

ShaneU
    Spook_ie
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    cee_jay
    Trigger
    Hillbilly4
    bubblypop
    Sawduck
    SineadSpears
    Kolido
    mustang shelly
    Mam of 4
    kitten_k

And...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've gone all skew-whiff with my selections. I have four for Saturday, two for Monday, a dodgy one for Easter and none for Friday :p

I will, of course, be in though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

giphy.gif

Got your entry Seph, cheers for joining :D

16 now and still another 8 days to get yizzer entries in. Have had a couple of listens so far to the categories and liking what I'm hearing... mostly ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

16 now and still another 8 days to get yizzer entries in. Have had a couple of listens so far to the categories and liking what I'm hearing... mostly ;)

I'm not sure yet but I might change friday and saturday before it closes , would that be ok?

I'm not sure yet but I might change friday and saturday before it closes , would that be ok?

Yeah no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I've gone all skew-whiff with my selections. I have four for Saturday, two for Monday, a dodgy one for Easter and none for Friday :p

I will, of course, be in though :)

Haha, loan us Saturday song there...? ;)

I've picked for Sunday and some possible ideas for Friday or Monday but Saturday, I'm struggling to nail down anything I'm happy with :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ooops

Just as an FYI, planning on BLASTING the Friday Feeling songs at full volume tomorrow when I'm working at home, so if you wanna spice up Necro's Friday and haven't yet entered get yizzer entries in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Just as an FYI, planning on BLASTING the Friday Feeling songs at full volume tomorrow when I'm working at home, so if you wanna spice up Necro's Friday and haven't yet entered get yizzer entries in.
    If you're going to blast my Friday song tomorrow, get a structural analysis done on your gaff tonight :cool:

I just pm'd you there necro with friday and saturdays changes.

Oh what have I done? I only just sent in my entry but I can feel him judging me already!! :(

tenor.gif

Got all the new (or updated) entries overnight :D 19 players on board now!

ShaneU
    Spook_ie
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    cee_jay
    Trigger
    Hillbilly4
    bubblypop
    Sawduck
    SineadSpears
    Kolido
    mustang shelly
    Mam of 4
    kitten_k
    Sephiroth_dude
    ari101
    JP Liz V1
    BuileBeag

And....

Still time to enter of course, not closing up shop until 31st March!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

In

I will probably delete my account because of the shame and embarrassment
    :o

Barna77 wrote: »
    In

I will probably delete my account because of the shame and embarrassment
    :o

No need for that, cheers for the entry :D

That brings us to 20!! It appears I've got some work on my hands :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Mr Necro, sir, is it cheating if I enter two songs together for one category?

One's just a little intro, the second is the actual song but they work so much better together. Only 6½ mins combined, and only one youtube link as they're often tied together. Trust me, you'll like it if you say yes ;)

And if you say I'll send all four songs today, can't say fairer than that, can I?

• Advertisement

Mr Necro, sir, is it cheating if I enter two songs together for one category?

One's just a little intro, the second is the actual song but they work so much better together. Only 6½ mins combined, and only one youtube link as they're often tied together. Trust me, you'll like it if you say yes ;)

And if you say I'll send all four songs today, can't say fairer than that, can I?

Sure, go for it :pac:

Advertisement