If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Ceol?

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sidegolo wrote: »
    Hi Sidegolo.

I have you in my diary for the call :)

Hello Kenny!

I have received the cables yesterday afternoon. Haven't tried to install them yet but both ends have the plugs installed. No bare wires. My Ceol n10 would not accept plugs on the amplifier end for the speaker connectors.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Seems someone add plugs to the 2nd end by mistake.

You can remove these really easily by unscrewing the plastic end and then removing the cable from the plug.
    I do apologise for any hassle that this may cause.

You can keep the 2 free sets of plugs in case you ever need them for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sidegolo

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny!

I have received the cables yesterday afternoon. Haven't tried to install them yet but both ends have the plugs installed. No bare wires. My Ceol n10 would not accept plugs on the amplifier end for the speaker connectors.
    Hi Sidegolo.

You can remove these really easily by unscrewing the plastic end and then removing the cable from the plug.

You can keep the 2 free sets of plugs in case you ever need them for something else.
    Hello Kenny,

Thanks for that!

I finally managed to install them early this evening. I struggled a bit to connect the cables into the amplifier terminal as the bare copper wires are thicker than i expected. I couldn't push them any further into the Denon's cable slot (badly designed) but just enough to connect them leaving the rest of the bare wire exposed.

Out of the box, these sound immediately pretty good, almost as punchy as the previous cables i had been using until today. I can't wait for them to run in and settle completely with the rest of the electronics.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny!

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny,

Thanks for that!

I finally managed to install them early this evening. I struggled a bit to connect the cables into the amplifier terminal as the bare copper wires are thicker than i expected. I couldn't push them any further into the Denon's cable slot (badly designed) but just enough to connect them leaving the rest of the bare wire exposed.

Out of the box, these sound immediately pretty good, almost as punchy as the previous cables i had been using until today. I can't wait for them to run in and settle completely with the rest of the electronics.
    Hey Sidegolo.

Glad you got things up and running.

You could trim the copper ends a little so that not as much is exposed or if you had a bit of electrical tape you could wrap it around the exposed wire up to the terminal.

If you have any issues please let me know.

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny!

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny,

Thanks for that!

Hey Sidegolo.

Glad you got things up and running.

You could trim the copper ends a little so that not as much is exposed or if you had a bit of electrical tape you could wrap it around the exposed wire up to the terminal.

If you have any issues please let me know.
    Hi Kenny,

How can I do the copper end trimming? I remove the cables to try and do it but did not succeed. I then tried to put them back but this time I wasn't able to fit both copper wires into the terminal pin hole, leaving one cable on each + and - terminal out. I powered the system up again and it sounds different, not as good.

Hi Kenny,

How can I do the copper end trimming? I remove the cables to try and do it but did not succeed. I then tried to put them back but this time I wasn't able to fit both copper wires into the terminal pin hole, leaving one cable on each + and - terminal out. I powered the system up again and it sounds different, not as good.

Unfortunately, one cable on the other end came off the plug when I was reinstalling the cables after trying to trim them. The copper wire wouldn't go fully back into the metal plug and stay very loose. Is there a chance I can send them on to you for repair or should I make a new order?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny,

Unfortunately, one cable on the other end came off the plug when I was reinstalling the cables after trying to trim them. The copper wire wouldn't go fully back into the metal plug and stay very loose. Is there a chance I can send them on to you for repair or should I make a new order?
    Hi Sidegolo,

We have just checked in store and the binding posts are ones that need to be pushed in and the bare cable inserted through the hold that's created in the side. The holes themselves are quite thin so there are two ways we can do this. You can send us the cables back and we can look at a thinner cable for you or if you have the ends bared if you cut a a few of the copper strands away it will make the cable ends a bit thinner and you should be able to fit them in snugly.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed and we can get you sorted!

Kind regards

David

Hi Sidegolo,

We have just checked in store and the binding posts are ones that need to be pushed in and the bare cable inserted through the hold that's created in the side. The holes themselves are quite thin so there are two ways we can do this. You can send us the cables back and we can look at a thinner cable for you or if you have the ends bared if you cut a a few of the copper strands away it will make the cable ends a bit thinner and you should be able to fit them in snugly.

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can send the cable back no problem. In that case, could it be repaired at all? Ideally, I would like to stick with the rocket 22.

Thanks again for your help.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Sidegolo,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can send the cable back no problem. In that case, could it be repaired at all? Ideally, I would like to stick with the rocket 22.

Thanks again for your help.
    Hi sidegolo,

I think we've been emailing as well!

We can stick with the emails thread sure as I can get to those faster!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.