Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

PTH2009 wrote: »

Predictable that he'd go as soon as something better in the UK arrived.

I wonder if the time is right for Francis Rockett to take the team until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

That's a bit of a bummer as it just looked like he was starting to get the team going on an upward curve.. I'd like to see Rennie come back but I don't know if he left on great terms with the owners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

well that is disappointing to see. Rennie would seem the obvious choice but depends on his relationship with power. three managers in one season is never good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

PTH2009 wrote: »

Unfortunately I cannot say I am surprised.

JS's managerial record is not one to give confidence he would last.

I'd be very surprised if Rennie came back. Openly critical of the club, and utterly frustrated with them, after his departure.

Got messed around in Dundalk too by an even more dysfunctional Chairman, some of the stuff coming out from there is completely bonkers.

Best for all concerned if he put the head down with the U21s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd give Rockett the job for the rest of the season and get Vinny Preth in for 2021 season

I'd give Rockett the job for the rest of the season and get Vinny Preth in for 2021 season

We sure love Dalymount Park 2 up at HT

massive win for us

Those loses against Harps and Sligo are even more frustrating now

Give Rockett the job for the rest of the season now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭skaface

Get yer passports ready.. Lol
    Great win tonight.. Good hunting ground for us in recent years

• Advertisement

This league is bonkers. Great win.

current scoreline in the Dundalk game suiting us, A St Pats win tomorrow over Sligo would be another boost

Draw in the sligo match is a good result for us and we move a point ahead of them in 4th place. Dundalk have a game in hand

We play Rovers next on the 21st after they get annilated by AC Millian

More hassle in the club, the local reporter Adrian Flanagan has been banned from the RSC for some comment he made about John Sheridan travelling to England. Seems an extreme measure to ban a journalist from covering the club at the home ground.

Always seems to be some trouble going on these days.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    More hassle in the club, the local reporter Adrian Flanagan has been banned from the RSC for some comment he made about John Sheridan travelling to England. Seems an extreme measure to ban a journalist from covering the club at the home ground.

Whatever trouble needs to stay off the pitch and out of reach of the management teams (that goes for whoever's appointed too)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I see the drama unfolding yesterday over it.
    A certain group owner posted the accusation also but deleted leaving Adrian take the heat.

Best thing they could do is to shut down that page it’s just being used to stir ****e and cause trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

He's a journalist? Will you go on!!!!!!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

He's a journalist? Will you go on!!!!!!! :):):)
    Local journalist, local mouthpiece, no addition whatsoever, won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Nypd wrote: »
    I see the drama unfolding yesterday over it.
    A certain group owner posted the accusation also but deleted leaving Adrian take the heat.

Best thing they could do is to shut down that page it’s just being used to stir ****e and cause trouble.

Absolutely it’s become his own bitching page, he should be shut down. As for Adrian it’s very extreme but I’d love to know the real reason. He portrays himself on social media as a poor lad suffering but he’s always back stabbing ppl and stirs up heat he would not be so brave to back up himself, believe me I’ve pulled him on a sly remark one day as we were leaving the pub and he retreated back into his shell fair quick. He does have his issues but he compounds it all with his behavior and the guy who banned him is security manager so I would trust his judgement over what Adrian is putting out.

Local journalist, local mouthpiece, no addition whatsoever, won't be missed.

There’s a group of them in it including The Greatest Journo of them all or so he portrays himself as, get within a few yards and the stink of drink off them Crikey no wonder things are in rag order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Absolutely it’s become his own bitching page, he should be shut down. As for Adrian it’s very extreme but I’d love to know the real reason. He portrays himself on social media as a poor lad suffering but he’s always back stabbing ppl and stirs up heat he would not be so brave to back up himself, believe me I’ve pulled him on a sly remark one day as we were leaving the pub and he retreated back into his shell fair quick. He does have his issues but he compounds it all with his behavior and the guy who banned him is security manager so I would trust his judgement over what Adrian is putting out.

Very sinister tactics of the group owner, agreed the group now serves no purpose other than a personal vendetta.
    Quite sad really when you see someone declaring themselves as a super blues fan but is obvious he wants to destroy the club at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Anyone else not a ****ing notion what people are talking about with a group, a greatest journo ever, or a page? Just me?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

The dugout's ringing

How can you be a journalist and a fan? Wouldn't that ruin your objectivity?

Anyone else not a ****ing notion what people are talking about with a group, a greatest journo ever, or a page? Just me?

That’s why we’re telling you about it

hardybuck wrote: »
    How can you be a journalist and a fan? Wouldn't that ruin your objectivity?

You forgot s**t stirrer too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That’s why we’re telling you about it

Not really though, I mean. Names would help for a start, the greatest journo ever with then bang of drink off him I'm assuming is Eamonn dunphy, the group, **** knows, the page, presumably Facebook something or other but really it's all just in joke kinda gobbledegook to my poor excluded brain.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Not really though, I mean. Names would help for a start, the greatest journo ever with then bang of drink off him I'm assuming is Eamonn dunphy, the group, **** knows, the page, presumably Facebook something or other but really it's all just in joke kinda gobbledegook to my poor excluded brain.

M. Keane, P. Elliott & A. Flanagan are the group, wasters and the latters behavior is catching up with him, now he is saying it’s a vendetta over the last couple of years, bringing homophobia into it and all sorts now so that page needs shutting down asap

the group/page referred to is a Facebook group/page for supporters of the blues. it's run by a chap who has been banned from the rsc. I don't know the ins and outs of the ban so I'm not going to get into that, but suffice to say there is no love lost on either side at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

M. Keane, P. Elliott & A. Flanagan are the group, wasters and the latters behavior is catching up with him, now he is saying it’s a vendetta over the last couple of years, bringing homophobia into it and all sorts now so that page needs shutting down asap

If that is true, pathetic stuff.in fact I'd guess that SOME of keyboard warriors need a bit of a reality check. You'd swear some of these lads were jailed un-justifiably they way they go on. Im fully aware I'm a bit ignorant on the ins and outs of this 'story', but I'd rather a root canal than listen to some of their grievances

Advertisement