07-08-2020, 12:00   #1
Big Gerry

Dublin barbers were you don't have to wear a mask

I need to get my hair cut.

But I can't wear a face mask for medical reasons.

Does anyone know of any barbers in Dublin were you don't have to wear a face mask ?
Advertisement
07-08-2020, 12:03   #2
Chalk McHugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gerry View Post

Does anyone know of any barbers in Dublin were you don't have to wear a face mask ?
The one on Aston Quay is good to go. He told me i didnt have to wear mask if i didnt want. It was a while back and i did wear one but i was surprised at how lax he was on the issue.
Thanks from:
07-08-2020, 13:46   #3
Patrick2010

Didn't have to wear one in Rathfarnham shopping centre barber
Thanks from:
07-08-2020, 13:49   #5
Tom1991

I’m sure if you called ahead and asked politely most places would oblige
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-08-2020, 13:49   #6
GarIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gerry View Post

From Monday you legally have to wear one.

There is no medical reason that could stop you wearing a mask other than a mental health issue, a phobia or masks or something, maybe anxiety.
07-08-2020, 13:50   #7
ThewhiteJesus

Didn't have to wear one in rathmines by the swan centre
Thanks from:
07-08-2020, 13:52   #8
Bob24

I know this isn’t your question, but throwing the idea out there in case you hadn’t considered it: unless you require fancy stuff, a DIY job with a hair clipper can look very decent. It might actually be the only reasonable choice if you don’t want to wear masks as they are already very strongly suggested and are about to become mandatory.

And sidetracking a bit, this virus might have a nasty long time effect for barbers even after the situation is back to normal, as quite a few people found out their hair clipper haircuts don’t look very different from what they have been paying for.

Last edited by Bob24; 07-08-2020 at 13:56.
07-08-2020, 13:53   #9
AMKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarIT View Post
Which is only right and yet there is still some selfish idiots not wearing masks. I was in the shops yesterday and while the majority of people were wearing masks there was a couple of selfish people not wearing masks including one that seemed to think it was funny the arsehole.
Advertisement
07-08-2020, 13:56   #10
RoboRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob24 View Post
I know this isn’t your question, but throwing the idea out there in case you hadn’t considered it: unless you require fancy stuff, a DIY job with a hair clipper can look very decent.

I actually this virus might have a nasty long time effect for barbers even after the situation is back to normal, as quite a few people found out their DIY jobs don’t look very different from what they have been paying for.
Yep, I am cutting my own hair and my sons and my wife thinks it looks just as good... saves me around €30 a month too. Once you get the hang of going the opposite way when using the mirror, it's easy.
(2) thanks from:
07-08-2020, 14:18   #11
ThewhiteJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMKC View Post
Which is only right and yet there is still some selfish idiots not wearing masks. I was in the shops yesterday and while the majority of people were wearing masks there was a couple of selfish people not wearing masks including one that seemed to think it was funny the arsehole.
Really, well i hope you called the covid police post haste
Thanks from:
07-08-2020, 20:24   #12
accensi0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob24 View Post
I know this isn’t your question, but throwing the idea out there in case you hadn’t considered it: unless you require fancy stuff, a DIY job with a hair clipper can look very decent. It might actually be the only reasonable choice if you don’t want to wear masks as they are already very strongly suggested and are about to become mandatory.

And sidetracking a bit, this virus might have a nasty long time effect for barbers even after the situation is back to normal, as quite a few people found out their hair clipper haircuts don’t look very different from what they have been paying for.
Yep, I won't be going back to the barbers regularly myself. Have cut my hair twice since lockdown and both times were better than my local barbers.
You can actually get it closer to what you were picturing, instead of in the barbers where they're only half way through but you're screaming in your head "stop! leave it as it is, it looks now!"
(3) thanks from:
07-08-2020, 22:17   #13
Bob24

Quote:
Originally Posted by accensi0n View Post
Yep, I won't be going back to the barbers regularly myself. Have cut my hair twice since lockdown and both times were better than my local barbers.
You can actually get it closer to what you were picturing, instead of in the barbers where they're only half way through but you're screaming in your head "stop! leave it as it is, it looks now!"
Not to mention that my local barber doesn’t have an appointment system and always has at least 30 minutes wait at the times which are suitable for me (and ATM since they can’t have people wait inside as it’s too packed, there is a queue outside). So even the first time when I was figuring out what to do, I actually saved time doing it myself (with a bit of help from my GF) compared to a regular visit to the barber.

We’ll see, I might get lazy and go back again at some point. But at this stage I feel the same as yourself. Given that I am happy with the result, don’t have to pay for it, and I am saving time - it feels like a no brainer.
08-08-2020, 18:28   #14
Big Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarIT View Post

There is no medical reason that could stop you wearing a mask other than a mental health issue, a phobia or masks or something, maybe anxiety.

Not true.

I have a letter from my Doctor that says I can't wear one due a long term health condition I have.
Thanks from:
08-08-2020, 18:32   #15
Big Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMKC View Post

Selfish ?

Are you Doctor.

How do you know they don't have a underlying health condition.

My own Doctor told me not to wear a mask and now I fear I will have scumbags starting fights with me when they see I'm not wearing a mask in public.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion